King of Fighters letterman jacket from Starter

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
These pictures are from November 2021. I found the jacket at a shopping mall's Starter store. It is officially licensed and not some fake. Was looking at some old pictures and came across these. Dunno, maybe one of you would find official SNK apparel interesting.

IHopeWasabiIsLivingHisBestLife.jpg

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Weird and ugly. Also probably fake, real Starter jacket or not.

Would look 1000% better if the actual KOF 98 art was on the back instead.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
God, could you imagine wearing that into some trashy bar in the US? Hey look everyone, it's the king of fighters!

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
God, could you imagine wearing that into some trashy bar in the US? Hey look everyone, it's the king of fighters!
I’m pretty sure Sage has a story about wearing a fighting game shirt and having a stranger say the phrase that was on it, something like “Be the fighter!”. The shirt was retired afterwards never to be worn again.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I saw a kid at target yesterday wearing a sonic the hedgehog hoodie that included hedgehog spines on the back. I thought about saying "Wow it's sonic the hedgehog!" in a voice loud enough for the kid to hear so that he might feel good, but then I noticed the kid was like 13 and thought to myself "This guy is a little old for this, he might actually identify as sonic the hedgehog, and I might not get his pronouns right." Kid was also scowling rather than seeming like he was in a positive mood.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Looks like a bootleg
Yeah, especially the KOF 98 cover on the back looks like someone just did at Google image search and pulled the first large image that came up. A white background on a black material always looks cheap. Like someone's lazily-made print on-demand merchandise from an online shop.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Ta boot that KOF ‘98 cover is on the inside of the jacket and it’s not reversible. Kinda a waste if you ask me. Meh, think I’ll just buy a Captain Santa jacket instead.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I get the feeling that even after a decade of living there that sage still has no idea just how widespread knockoffs are.

There are entire "flagship" stores there that are knockoffs. Excuse me, I mean "replicas".
13730272-7050511-An_allegedly_completely_legal_knockoff_of_the_US_founded_skatebo-a-19_1558386...jpg