KOF 95 intro BGM

Karumakun

New Challenger
Curious on how many different music intros are there for the MVS kof 95. I thought I heard two, one with the repeat audio and another with some funky musical intro possibly on the Japanese version (not sure). I don't have the cart yet but was wondering if switching the region will also make this change. I think there may have been another version on PS1 as well.

Last edited:

Karumakun

New Challenger
Think I just found my answer. The opening tracks are all the same except the PSX version which I dub the "funky version"

Karumakun

New Challenger
I'm not sure, but the CD audio on the Neo CD (and I presume Saturn and PS1 versions) is bangin'
I think there the same as mvs. You got to check out the PSX version though, that one absolutely slaps 😁

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think there the same as mvs. You got to check out the PSX version though, that one absolutely slaps 😁
Nah, the CD versions of all the KOF games are totally redone and are awesome. They're one of the main reasons I love my CD SD Loader since most of the games are near unplayable otherwise. I've had the PS1 and Saturn versions before and I'm pretty sure the music is the same as the CD, but it's been a long time since I played those versions.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Curious on how many different music intros are there for the MVS kof 95. I thought I heard two, one with the repeat audio and another with some funky musical intro possibly on the Japanese version (not sure). I don't have the cart yet but was wondering if switching the region will also make this change. I think there may have been another version on PS1 as well.

You won’t find many MVS games with region variations since every copy usually contains every region.

The KOF 95 intro is terrific. I’ve heard the attract loop like 80,0000 times at this point so if it was at all possible to get sick of I would have by now. :)

If you like arranged versions of SNK game music you should know they they released an arranged CD of many of the Neo’s most popular games, every (or nearly every) KOF or Samurai game, for example. Usually those are the versions that show up on Neo CD, Saturn, PS, etc.

Karumakun

New Challenger
You won’t find many MVS games with region variations since every copy usually contains every region.

The KOF 95 intro is terrific. I’ve heard the attract loop like 80,0000 times at this point so if it was at all possible to get sick of I would have by now. :)

If you like arranged versions of SNK game music you should know they they released an arranged CD of many of the Neo’s most popular games, every (or nearly every) KOF or Samurai game, for example. Usually those are the versions that show up on Neo CD, Saturn, PS, etc.
Nice! I've seen some reviews of NEO Geo music on wax! Seems like a prerequisite at SNK to have great musical taste 👌

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I put an unholy amount of time into KOF ‘95 on Saturn

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
KOF 95 on Saturn uses the MVS/AES OST. The PS1 port used the same AST that's found on the Neo CD. ;) I prefer the cartridge OST on 99% of Neo games, but I have strong nostalgia for 95's AST due to the PS1 version being the only version of the game I played before I got my first AES in early 1998. The entire AST is a banger - one of SNK's best imo.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I recently played the 4m RAM Saturn hack of '95 that had the AST, which is no big feat being that it's just redbook auto. It's still extremely nice to not have to fool with my shitty cart slot for swapping out for the ROM cart. Same with the 4m hack of '96 and '97.

Those ports are a bit less impressive nowadays with so many ways to play superior emulations but are still nice to fire up now and again for a nostalgia shot.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I recently played the 4m RAM Saturn hack of '95 that had the AST, which is no big feat being that it's just redbook auto. It's still extremely nice to not have to fool with my shitty cart slot for swapping out for the ROM cart. Same with the 4m hack of '96 and '97.

Those ports are a bit less impressive nowadays with so many ways to play superior emulations but are still nice to fire up now and again for a nostalgia shot.

That’s very interesting. I didn’t know that this had been achieved.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Dafuq, do y'all even KNOW good music? The 95 intro is "ok" but its no Krizalid theme from 2k2UM

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
That’s very interesting. I didn’t know that this had been achieved.

Same guy also hacked the Saturn Ultraman game that uses a proprietary ROM cart to run on a 4m RAM cart. Very cool stuff there.

For those unaware; '96, '97 and SSIV are made to work with SNK's 1m RAM cart. They'll technically work with Capcom's 4m cart, but there are some graphical glitches like the 2p sprite being a mass of garbage pixels. The 4m hack for '96 and '97 fix this issue along with making the bosses selectable.

I'm pretty sure all these hacks are designed to work only with the 4-in-1 Pro Action Replay cart (and clones), and not an official Capcom 4m cart, but I might be wrong.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Here's the PSX version I was mentioning. The track they laid over the intro is pretty dope.

I always loved that Eiji/Billy/Iori presentation in the intro. Also appreciated that SNK hired Rodney Dangerfield to say "The KING of FighTERS" at the end.

Karumakun

New Challenger
I always loved that Eiji/Billy/Iori presentation in the intro. Also appreciated that SNK hired Rodney Dangerfield to say "The KING of FighTERS" at the end.
Rodney Dangerfield!!!! Seriously!?