KOF collections to come stateside?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Any news if the Japanese KOF Collections are coming stateside? I'd pay big dollars for a MOTW/Last Blade pack...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
LoneSage said:
Any news if the Japanese KOF Collections are coming stateside? I'd pay big dollars for a MOTW/Last Blade pack...

There was the 2000/2001 pack for the PS, and of course now they're planning the 02/03 pack for the xbox. As for MOTW/Last Blade, I don't see it happening. If you want these two games and don't wanna fork over the cash for the AES, I say go MVS, or get the Dreamcast ports.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I wasn't overly impressed with the US KOF 00/01 port for PS2, but would definitely buy LB2/MOTW if they released it for any US system. I'm willing to accept the fact that it wouldn't be arcade perfect, as long as they don't try to add any stupid 3D-ish backgrounds like they've done on past KOF outings.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Just import them, 94 - 2K3 will be out soon on the PS2 in the form of, 94 Rebout, 95-97 triple pack, 98-2K Triple pack and of course the rest are already out!

I heard motw was coming out on its own and last blade 1 and 2 will be a double pack?

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
these are the games coming out for PS2 in japan for 2005:

KOF 95-97 (3 in 1)
KOF 98-00 (3 in 1)
MOTW
Last Blade 1 & 2 (2 in 1)
Twinkle Star Sprites

I doubt any of these will come out in the US though. Ill be importing them anyway as well as a PS2 neo stick to play em on :D

MS4 & MS5 are scheduled to come out in the US for PS2, can't wait for that (april I think), I imported MS3 for my PS2 and its awesome.

Hide

Banned
You guys sure about 98-2K being in a single pack?

AFAIK, KOF 2K was already released as a singular game.
Maybe it's just an extra to make it a complete 3-In-1?

They should just release 95-99 for 90 bucks.

I can't wait to see how MOTW and Last Blades turn out on the PS2.

I was pretty gratified with how KOF 2K - 2K3 turned out.

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
king of fighters 2002-2003 for ps2 is coming next month feb
king of fighters 2002-2003 for xbox is coming in june
Metal Slug 4 & 5 for both ps2 and xbox 4/15/2005

dave6479

Rugal's Thug
king of fighters 2002-2003 for xbox is coming in june

Good Just in time for my bithday!
All I got is the xbox.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Hide said:
You guys sure about 98-2K being in a single pack?

AFAIK, KOF 2K was already released as a singular game.
Maybe it's just an extra to make it a complete 3-In-1?

cafu1982 posted:

KOF 95-97 (3 in 1)
KOF 98-00 (3 in 1)
MOTW
Last Blade 1 & 2 (2 in 1)
Twinkle Star Sprites

all these will feature online play ..... including KOF94-ReBout. so yes, KOF2000 will be ported again, but this time around it will have online feature and it will be bundled with 98 & 99. and now that the Neo stikck is annouced, I'm sure no one wants to miss all these ports.

I've come to believe KOF games coming out in America is a myth. SNK just plain hates us. :(

Eric Straven

Banned
Yeah, it's all because of those damn cheap rom whores/hoarders...Besides they made Kyo the hero instead of Terry! GRrrrr :blow_top:

dave6479

Rugal's Thug
k'_127 said:
cafu1982 posted:
all these will feature online play ..... including KOF94-ReBout. so yes, KOF2000 will be ported again, but this time around it will have online feature and it will be bundled with 98 & 99. and now that the Neo stikck is annouced, I'm sure no one wants to miss all these ports.

Is the Neo stikck coming out for xbox or ps2?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
they were only annouced for PS2.

keep in mind that these will be made by Sega. I'm not sure if they will bring them to the state, but if they do, I'm pretty sure that they will be on XBox too.

it also depends on whether SNKP is planning to release the ports on XBox/US

edit:

dave6479 said:

hey :envy: :envy:

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
I hope they make these "collections" as good as KOF 2003 bec it was a port that was better than the AES original.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Athlon64 said:
I hope they make these "collections" as good as KOF 2003 bec it was a port that was better than the AES original.

Since they are three packs ( the KoF packs are at least) I would be really surprised if they were. Maybe a port of KoF 99 Evolution from the DC is a possibility though. That would be sweet.

:buttrock:

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
Athlon64 said:

Id be happy if they include the Neo Geo original versions with them (KOFs) like they apparently did with KOf 94 rebout.

Really looking forward to the LB1&2 pack :drool: , anyone know about specific release dates??

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
jethrek said:
I've come to believe KOF games coming out in America is a myth. SNK just plain hates us. :(

Sony of America just hates you.

;)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I fucking hate this thread. Everytime I see it on the front page, it just says, "KOF collections to come...", and for a split second, I forget this is just a dumb thread asking if, instead of news or a rumor about them actually coming here. Then I click on the thread anyway, thinking maybe there has been some kind of development or something, but of course there hasn't. I don't know why Eliza felt the need to kidnap herself (or himself), and I don't care.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
SouthtownKid said:
I fucking hate this thread. Everytime I see it on the front page, it just says, "KOF collections to come...", and for a split second, I forget this is just a dumb thread asking if, instead of news or a rumor about them actually coming here. Then I click on the thread anyway, thinking maybe there has been some kind of development or something, but of course there hasn't. I don't know why Eliza felt the need to kidnap herself (or himself), and I don't care.

Agreed, god dammit. :blow_top:

seiya masters

New Challenger
LoneSage said:

dude dont you own a dreamcast its all there

i mean you know ps2 aint cutting it look what hapened whit the
street fighter collection (i know that SNK will most likely do a
better job than capcom did but still Dreamcast or neogeo are
your best bet for this games )

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
seiya masters said:
dude dont you own a dreamcast its all there

i mean you know ps2 aint cutting it look what hapened whit the
street fighter collection (i know that SNK will most likely do a
better job than capcom did but still Dreamcast or neogeo are
your best bet for this games )

What's wrong with SFAC?

That's right nothing. Except the lack of online play on the ps2 version.

I hope Last Blade makes it to live.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
What's wrong with SFAC?

That's right nothing. Except the lack of online play on the ps2 version.

I hope Last Blade makes it to live.

SFAC isnt much of a collection without the Alpha/Zero games. At least capcom could have thrown in SF1 just for shits and giggles.