KoF XIII Port this Winter

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Having some EXCELLENT ranked matches!!!!!! the Esaka stage appeared at least twice so far (YAY!!!!!) The KOF95 stage once, and the AOF1 Mr. Karate stage once!!!!!!!!!

lol someone was already using Flame Iori.

Feels so good catching people with NEOMAXes! :)

the only rant is that when ranked matches is about to begin, I have to try to find the timing to pull up the XMB and try out some of the custom playlists I prepared. the loading is so fast lol.

Last edited:

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
You already saw someone using Flame Iori? Odd.

I love the Hanzo cameo on the arena roof stage.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I am trying to get ahold of the Neo Geo PS3 pad for this game as I dislike the regular PS3 joypad for fighting games and my fighting stick is a bit too big and heavy, anyone know anywhere thats got one in unused condition ?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Well...to be honest: You're both right. There's no reason why the game should run with some knockoff chinese crap but the Neo Stick which was made for the PS3 not working? That's piss-poor. I wonder if the Madcatz SFIV Pad is working on PS3? Works fine on my 360.

BTW game: Kyokugen kicks so much ass.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Well...to be honest: You're both right. There's no reason why the game should run with some knockoff chinese crap but the Neo Stick which was made for the PS3 not working? That's piss-poor. I wonder if the Madcatz SFIV Pad is working on PS3? Works fine on my 360.

BTW game: Kyokugen kicks so much ass.

The thing is, all these crazy knockoffs, homebrew devices, adapters and whatever else, including the NG Stick all work with other games, just not KoF. It's like they intentionally disabled something. If that wasn't the case, then Neo Stick aside, I'd agree that this problem is perfectly understandable.

I'm probably going to just return my PS3 copy of the game and mod my NG Stick for 360 use.

Soniku

Leave it to Playmore to mess something up. :lolz:

Yeah that's the main reason I'm pissed. I can't think of any other company other than maybe Sega who can get everything right, except for one or two small things that ruins it for a ton of people, if not everyone. And these are always things that they had right in others games, so it's like lolwut?

At least when Nintendo gimps their shit, it's intentional (and supposedly beneficial to the customer :rolleyes:) because that's just how they roll. Not that I'm making excuses, or saying that it's right for Nintendo to be full of shit, but at least you know exactly what will be broken before you buy something when it comes to them.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
One thing I noticed in this game that wasn't in the other PS3 games I played was that when you press the home button, the game does actually pause too. Maybe it has something to do with how the home button is mapped in this game.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

What types of controllers aren't working? Is it just those that use converters or are official PS3 sticks not working?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
all my unofficial stuff works, but my converter has a ps button and my custom is a toodles universal PCB which kinda has a ps button. hrap3 works fine of course.

Soniku

What types of controllers aren't working? Is it just those that use converters or are official PS3 sticks not working?

Seems like anything that doesn't have a Home button, which includes the official Neo stick.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
You already saw someone using Flame Iori? Odd.

seriously, I thought only the 360 version was hacked, but I really saw Flame Iori online, there were flames, they landed the DM only Flame Iori has, that was them. Well its no surprise considering all the data is on the disk like the DLC backgrounds, including AOF1. Not sure if NESTS Kyo and Mr. Karate on disk also, maybe Flame Iori is the only one on disk, since we did see the level up stream with them using Flame Iori already built in.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Seems like anything that doesn't have a Home button, which includes the official Neo stick.

That's such bullshit for an official stick to not work. I'm on a T.E. and an HRAP3 so I thankfully I wont have any issue but If I was relying on the OFFICIAL NEOGEO STICK, i'd be pissed right about now.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
the only rant is that when ranked matches is about to begin, I have to try to find the timing to pull up the XMB and try out some of the custom playlists I prepared. the loading is so fast lol.

Wait, is this for 360 or PS3 version? I'd LOVE to be able to play my custom soundtrack during online play on the PS3 version..

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
The thing is, all these crazy knockoffs, homebrew devices, adapters and whatever else, including the NG Stick all work with other games, just not KoF. It's like they intentionally disabled something. If that wasn't the case, then Neo Stick aside, I'd agree that this problem is perfectly understandable.

I'm probably going to just return my PS3 copy of the game and mod my NG Stick for 360 use.

Where did you get your game at and do they return opened games? And if so might try to trade mine in for a 360 copy

Soniku

Where did you get your game at and do they return opened games? And if so might try to trade mine in for a 360 copy

Amazon and I'm pretty sure they do take back open games. They're usually cool like that.

If not, then oh well. :/

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How do you do the hot swap method ?

I just got the game earlier today, but my stick isn't working.

Thanks
Here's the basic hot swap method. I haven't tried it on KOF XIII.

Start the system and game with only a PS3 pad connected. Turn off the PS3 controller, then plug in the USB adapter. If it's like Uncharted 3, it still won't work. Then you'll probably have to keep trying to reassign it to every slot until you finally manage to find the right one. You might even have to try the slots multiple times. It's trial and error.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Haven't recieved my copy since I went for Asia version, but it's good to see so many good reviews and impressions.

So good, KOF is sold out at several places including Play-Asia:

http://www.play-asia.com/The_King_of_Fighters_XIII/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4gpv.html

If you are seeing Classic Iori online that means the player has an Asia version of the copy, Iori is free DLC from day one for those that pre-order Asia version:

Buy The King of Fighters XIII (PS3) at Play-Asia.com>
You're gonna be one happy camper. The Kyokugen squad Rocks in this game especially Ryo and Takuma.

MrSlug

n00b
I am trying to get ahold of the Neo Geo PS3 pad for this game as I dislike the regular PS3 joypad for fighting games and my fighting stick is a bit too big and heavy, anyone know anywhere thats got one in unused condition ?

That's what i'm using to play. I really like it.

NCSX has them in stock again but not cheap.

http://www.shopncsx.com/neogeopadusb.aspx

Last edited:

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
Amazon has a upcoming deal in 2hours for video games with the caption (What comes after X11?) Might just pick up a 360 copy.(This is wishful thinking)

Last edited:

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Anyone else notice the costume alts if you hit BACK during color edit? (360 version) Kyo has his original outfit, Raiden has Big Bear, and Takuma's is Mr. Karate! Only a few characters have it though. Really impressive that they edited the sprites like that.