KoF XIII Port this Winter

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
ohh cool, I tried it in the ps3 version, works, you just hit select instead of back... but hey I like kyo with sleeves better, I miss terry with sleeves, we need a FF1 terry sprite!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Anyone else notice the costume alts if you hit BACK during color edit? (360 version) Kyo has his original outfit, Raiden has Big Bear, and Takuma's is Mr. Karate! Only a few characters have it though. Really impressive that they edited the sprites like that.

Some of them are not noticeable, like Yuri (gets her ponytail back) and Ralf (patterned pants). Andy puts on a ninja mask and Elizabeth gets her KOF XI outfit too.

That's all I can remember.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Gosh I love this game and all of it's fanservice.

Got it today, and I'm floored. Spectacular game.

My only small complaint is that I wish they left the zoom intact; I loved seeing those monster sprites. Raiden looked like a fucking beast on my TV in XII

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Got it today, and I'm floored. Spectacular game.

My only small complaint is that I wish they left the zoom intact; I loved seeing those monster sprites. Raiden looked like a fucking beast on my TV in XII

yeah most people didnt like it, but I didnt mind it in myself---they could have made it an option in game settings.....no biggie.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I was relying on the OFFICIAL NEOGEO STICK, i'd be pissed right about now.

That's why I'm here, and I'm pissed!

I can't get my Neo Stick 2 to work at all. This sucks, but it's otherwise an awesome game!

Fett

Camel Slug
I'll just leave this here:
original.jpg

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Did they slow down the console version speed? There seem to be input lag as well. I played the ROM for a while and the controls were smoother and faster. The sprites were also better than on consoles. There is no sprite smoothing options for consoles? Online play has horrid lag as expected. Same netcode from kof 12 returns...

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
you sure your TV doesn't lag? I feel nothing offline. notcode is not the same, it's playable if you get a decent connection in a player match as others have said, the ranked match matchmaking is TERRIBLE though.

I thought the netcode was shit too untill I played LWK, I'm glad I didn't wake up untill after he bought the game or I would have talked him out of buying it lol.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Did they slow down the console version speed? There seem to be input lag as well. I played the ROM for a while and the controls were smoother and faster. The sprites were also better than on consoles.

I haven't noticed any input lag in both the PS3 and 360 versions. Can't speak for the game being slower than the arcade version, but it seems about as fast as any other modern KoF.

The console versions seem to have sprite smoothing on by default, but there's no way of turning it off. :(

It doesn't really bother me too much until the camera zooms in for win poses though so I can deal with it, but I really hope they patch a toggle in. (Yeah, right.)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
the ranked match matchmaking is TERRIBLE though.

The above is true on PS3. This is an important distinction to make.

Ranked is fine on 360, same as Player in my experience.

This isn't 360 fanboy talk; just the fact of the matter. The 360 rev lets a user set latency parameters that the PS3 does not.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
hey hopefully you are correct that the matchmaking itself is more effective, but the ps3 version does let users set latency paremeters.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Oh, I'm confused. I don't have a PS3, & was going off of what Charlie said earlier about this not being possible on PS3:
4453763b-33ba-ba45.jpg

Maybe my luck has been good for ranked? It would be nice to get some solid testing in. I just don't have the time.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I remember that exchange you guys had, he said the feature is there but the game ignored it and threw him into a laggy game anyway, I've seen people on srk complain about this on the 360 version too.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I remember that exchange you guys had, he said the feature is there but the game ignored it and threw him into a laggy game anyway, I've seen people on srk complain about this on the 360 version too.

Ahhhh. That is bunk, for the game to just disregard the preference. Thanks for the 411.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
hey I'm still not saying the 360 version isint better, hell it usually is so I wouldn't be surprised. But I do know there has been alot of bitching about that one's matchmaking too.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I was all set to buy this until I got my grubby paws on Skyrim.

I was also all set to do some job searching, find a cure for cancer, climb Mt Everest, until I started playing Skyrim.

Hopefully I'll get over this and be normal again one day.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The controller swap trick I was talking about before doesn't work on this game. Good thing we got a new USB converter with a PS button on it.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
The controller swap trick I was talking about before doesn't work on this game. Good thing we got a new USB converter with a PS button on it.

Yeah I couldn't get it to work either.

Which USB converter did you get?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah I couldn't get it to work either.

Which USB converter did you get?
My brother just bought a Japanese brand that was easier to get in Japan than the Pelican one mentioned earlier. It's a nice one with lights to indicate the player slot just like a real ps3 controller.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Works brilliantly with my Neo Geo Stick 2+.

Scary thing is that I don't remember ever buying it. I went through my stack of fighting sticks, which I keep in the boxes, and it was mixed in behind the others. I could tell I'd never opened it because the cord was still tightly bound by the twist tie.

I wish the PS3 sticks had the smaller control knob, like my home cart system. Still, nice and nostalgic to play with a neo stick of some kind.

wip3outguy7

Kuroko's Training Dummy
For anyone looking for a working PS2 -> PS3 adapter, pick up the InPin. It works great and I even prefer it + PSOne controllers for certain games. The combo feels more responsive than even the PS3's own DS3 when playing games like Wipeout HD.

I have had 0 issues using it to play XIII with my HRAP 2 SA.

Last edited: