KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
It seems I'll never get the chance to play this game

King of Fighters 14 set to be a PlayStation 4 exclusive

According to an official King of Fighters 14 press release from SNK Playmore, the game "will be available exclusively on PlayStation 4 in 2016."

Just yesterday, SNK unveiled Andy Bogard as a playable character, bringing the number of revealed fighters to five. A sharp sighting in the very first King of Fighters 14 trailer may have spotted the game's character select screen with 48 slots, and if true, we still have quite a ways to go with the reveals.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/nov/25/king-fighters-14-set-be-playstation-4-exclusive/

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Bottom line, netcode is everything. XIII had atrocious netcode and so did XII. KOF is a more underground title now, and for it to succeed, the netcode has to be top of the line.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
It seems I'll never get the chance to play this game

owner of a xone?. i wouldn't worry much.most people didn't give a shit about the past few kof titles. i doubt this one's going to be any different.

now,street fighter v?. i think your going to be missing out :(.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
or maybe A COMPUTER - with that he wouldn't "miss out" on SFV.

sorry,my bad. always forget sfv is coming to the pc as well.i never put the pc in my calculations when it comes to gaming for some reason :lolz:.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
fuck, I don't find KOF cool anymore...

These lame graphics and boring backgrounds with japanese alexisonfire on the soundtrack is cringe inducing.

The gameplay would have to be absolutely amazing and the online completely flawless for me to care if this is a sign of things to come. If the gameplay is amazing, Current KOF players will pick this game up... but good luck interesting any other new players with this.

I held my tongue after the first video because it seemed really early and I hoped maybe the obvious reaction would maybe persuade them to maybe reconsider this look... but 3 videos in directly on the snkplaymore youtube channel? this game isn't changing...

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
KOF 14 looks like dog crap. Even with the improved graphics over the previous trailer, the design is atrocious. Backgrounds look like KOF maximum impact bad....Kyo looks like some pre-pubescent kid. Who knows how the online is going to be...Previous 2 games have crap netcode.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
fuck, I don't find KOF cool anymore...

These lame graphics and boring backgrounds with japanese alexisonfire on the soundtrack is cringe inducing.

The gameplay would have to be absolutely amazing and the online completely flawless for me to care if this is a sign of things to come. If the gameplay is amazing, Current KOF players will pick this game up... but good luck interesting any other new players with this.

I held my tongue after the first video because it seemed really early and I hoped maybe the obvious reaction would maybe persuade them to maybe reconsider this look... but 3 videos in directly on the snkplaymore youtube channel? this game isn't changing...

My thoughts exactly. Like EXACTLY where I'm at with this game so far.
But how cool can I expect a bunch of pillowfuckers to be when making a game like this?

And how fucking out of touch are these dipshits on the predominant racial identities of its north american demographic....even now all these KOF 14 reaction videos (that I don't watch) are black dudes....I'm the last guy to ever join a PC brigade but would it fucking kill them to maybe represent black america with a character or two in these games...or do they plan on covering that base with another hilariously racist jungle background?

Shanadria

New Challenger
It is just me or the grpahics seems to be better than before?

I know the game looks like crap already but, seems to be better, I dont know..

If only the online could be amazing...or the gameplay...

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The graphics are the same, but the are using a different shader on the characters, trying to ungay Kyo, and playing with the background adding stuff so it doesn't look so PS2. To me it's somewhat tolerable. I'm interested in the unveiling soon of it at the playstation experience.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
It is just me or the grpahics seems to be better than before?

I know the game looks like crap already but, seems to be better, I dont know..

If only the online could be amazing...or the gameplay...

Last edited:
Excited for this release of KOF, be happy there's sequels being released. It's been ages. The gameplay is what will ultimately decide the game's fate. Always thought the Street Fighter 3 / Garou: Mark of the Wolves hand drawn look was the best. Although the new Guilty Gear on Playstation 4 had amazing visuals.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
So PSX 2015 starts tomorrow and runs til the 6th, I believe?

I wonder how this playable build is gonna look....I'm already bracing myself.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
They should've liquidated all the pachi-slot machines to the mob, sold some ancient Camphor lumber, or made some Euro 2Ks & AF3s in order to raise enough scratch to license the Unreal Engine.

XRD treatment of these art assists, is the only way I would remotely give a shit anymore.

The series ended for me @ XI.

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
So PSX 2015 starts tomorrow and runs til the 6th, I believe?

I wonder how this playable build is gonna look....I'm already bracing myself.

I'm anxious to find out.

If they have some fun game play mechanics up their sleeve I will look the other way on the graphics since they seem to be getting some polish.

I feel like this game really needs to do something innovative to stay relevant.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

- 50 characters
- leaked roster list seems to be legit. revealed characters include: Kula, Angel, Billy, Ralf and King
- Aquarium stage is shown (KOF2000?) looks shit though.

Edit:

Last Blade 2 was also announced for PS4 / Vita

the-last-blade-2.jpg

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
King looks way better in this one, and I think people will be pleased with Ralphs proportions as well.....honestly if they keep working on the textures, I think this game will turn out ok.

Personally though, I usually need an unconventional badass type of character in every KOF to hold my interest...in XIII it was Hwa Jai, in XI it was Silber, before that it was guys like Yashiro, or oddball characters like American Sports team....

Knowing the list is pretty much official, I'm not too sure who I'm gonna really like in this one.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hey that video doesn't have comments disabled, lol.

Ralf and Clark's chunky look grew on me.

It would be nice to see some real gameplay or get some info about game play systems.

I wonder what this "party battle" is.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Hey that video doesn't have comments disabled, lol.

Ralf and Clark's chunky look grew on me.

It would be nice to see some real gameplay or get some info about game play systems.

I wonder what this "party battle" is.

Saw a twitch feed a while back (currently offline). It definitely looked much better than the initial reveal lol.

King looks way better in this one

King never looked better than in KOF13 imo:

latest

13.jpg

14.jpg

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Anytime someone posts kof xiii sprites next to kofxiv models I get sad.

These new models are so lifeless and lack any character or personality.

King was awesome in xiii

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
That arm looks like its gonna snap though.....look at those puny little t-rex arms.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Looks a lot better.

Still needs work but at 50 characters out the gate, cant expect Xrd or SFV level aesthetics.

Game appears to play well at least

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Looks weird. Uncharismatic. Gaming evolution sometimes equates to gaming involution. Putting gameplay aside, ofcourse. But Japan, what's going on? Are you seriously losing it? I think you might be.