KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Oda didn't become the game director until Arcade Edition. Personally that was when SFIV started to get more enjoyable.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
New teaser. Still not to sure about it.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I feel a bit better about it with that second trailer. The gameplay at least looks to be on point.

The super shitty video quality doesn't do it any favors though. 360p, seriously? That song is also very horrible.

Last edited:

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I feel a bit better about it with that second trailer. The gameplay at least looks to be on point.

The super shitty video quality doesn't do it any favors though. 360p, seriously?

I'm gonna reserve any judgments on it until Decemeber when we'll see a playable build. Fingers crossed for something decent.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Could be the video quality - but the character models look to have white outlines or something - some sort of 'plastic' look. Also, the animations seem very choppy. This has to be due to the game being in development - I can't imagine the final product looking this way...

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
At least Iori has the power of Orochi. kis non-fiery version in KOF XIII was terrible.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Maybe it's because I finished watching the R. Mika 3:16 trailer, but all that comes to mind about this is...

What?!?

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I just dont get why the effects so bad. You would think they could at least push a bunch of particles and stuff to make fireballs and the like look cool. Just looks bland.

mistahsnart

New Challenger
Here's the 1080p60 capable stream directly from SNK Playmore's YT channel: https://youtu.be/cH6nCwq9RuI

The game looks rough still. I'm hoping they're working on some shaders to stylize the graphics a bit. The current background is a bit blurry right now too. Pretty low-res texture work, especially on that SNK sign in the middle.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Why is Chang carrying around a bobomb from Mario 64?

At least Leona and Chang look alright from a character design standpoint, but why is Chang back in jail?

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah it looks a little better but still not excited for this at all. They need to just cool it on the trailers until they have something real to showcase. All this is, is fuel for the fire.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
-That glimpse of chang looks ok,
-the effects are boring and bland
-that song is shit
-Leona and Chang aren't my favs but they are far from the vile shit that usually makes its way into these games....so overall I'm still hopeful

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
:oh_no::oh_no::oh_no:

Awww man, this still looks terrible to me. So lifeless, void of any passion. Damn...

Well, maybe it'll turn out a lot better, but KOF needs to have gorgeous 2D art in my opinion.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
:oh_no::oh_no::oh_no:

Awww man, this still looks terrible to me. So lifeless, void of any passion. Damn...

Well, maybe it'll turn out a lot better, but KOF needs to have gorgeous 2D art in my opinion.

dunno,kof 12,13 looked amazing but wasn't received as well as kof 11,witch just looked like a smoothed out version of 03.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

guys here it is in 1080p. the grafix certainly look better from the last trailer and looks like they added a little bit more style to the models. Also, the background in the first area of is more detailed compared to what is was in the 1st trailer.

Last edited:

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Looks like crap, sounds like crap and animates like crap. Backgrounds look like crap too. I hope this game fails hard. I am not even going to bother with the online play. It will probably be shit too, going by their past record.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
-Leona and Chang aren't my favs but they are far from the vile shit that usually makes its way into these games....so overall I'm still hopeful

ash-kof12-win-portrait.png