KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I think it is safe to say that we probably have the Chinese fan base for this particular game with this particular look to thank. I'm as happy about this game looking ever better as I am about how riled up its got a lot of you. It's good to see.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I do like the new church backdrop and starting to like the look of the game a bit more but some of those backdrops just look too empty and spacious to me.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Agreed, they need a little more action in the background as they feel fairly static and huge. Having some empty, less busy stages like the old church are fine though. Adds a good contrast to the others.

Maybe KOF XIII spoiled us on that.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
24352495284_189f58cfc7_b.jpg

You know what, guys? I'm digging this shit....reminds me of 98.
kof99-stage-park3-animate.gif

Sure the backgrounds are lifeless at the moment....just gotta give the team some time to whip up some comically offensive ethnic stereotypes to put in the background....like mexicans snorting coke in the same way the chinese BG characters slurped ramen. icon14.gif

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Its actually '99, but close enough. ;)

That stage is a great example of how you can have something simple and pleasing to the eye to look at while also not being totally static.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
First time in a LONG time I have to admit, I am actually excited to see SNKP make something new. It's been far too god damn long with nothing from them. I thought they were dead as shit, but I guess they have a little bit left, thanks to the Chinese company for helping them out a bit. :P

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I loved absolutely everything about this last trailer.

Okay, now I'm getting pretty fucking hyped.

Even the game's look is starting to grow on me.

My sentiments exactly - the church background is lookin good as are some improvements upon the characters.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Does anyone know a rough release date yet? If it's soon then I might not even bother with SFV and just go straight to this. I've been excited about it since it was announced and that trailer has made me just not want to wait anymore. I hope they do take their time and get it right though, and not release it unfinished like a certain company.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Way to go SNKP!
If they keep heading in the direction their going (especially in keeping the improvements coming) this might even make me pick up a PS4...

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Angel being in this KOF is good enough for me to get this game and borrow my nephew's PS4.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
just saw the new trailer. robert looks like orlando bloom :keke: Bloom_Pirates_DeadMansChest_01.jpg

andy still looks weird but i thought terry looks sweet. just wish they showed more of the gameplay rather then showing off character designs. i mean this is like the sixth trailer.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
this game is looking alot more complete compared to the SFV release lol. Ill def be getting this for ps4 when i get one. Hope they can use legacy joystick on this one too. Hate only having one usable stick for when company comes over. That maxima looks cool

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Uh.....this looks much better indeed. Really surprised! I was pretty negative on the visuals in the beginning but seeing the improved models and especially more stages really helps.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Game play looks fun, and the fact we get some many playable characters is pretty awesome

Fygee

20 Year Member
Uh.....this looks much better indeed. Really surprised! I was pretty negative on the visuals in the beginning but seeing the improved models and especially more stages really helps.

Now if they can just get the textures fixed, things will be right where the need to be. Quality textures can do wonders for covering up flaws in models.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Wow, what happened? The new trailer actually makes it look kind of good.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think it is safe to say that we probably have the Chinese fan base for this particular game with this particular look to thank. I'm as happy about this game looking ever better as I am about how riled up its got a lot of you. It's good to see.

Why? They don't buy legal games, every game they play is pirated. Kowtowing to Chinese movie audiences is a thing, but not video game players (unless it's an MMORPG).

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Its a vibe I get. I understand KOF has a strong following over there. The aesthetics have something a bit more Chinese or Korean to them than Japanese. And from the leaked roster, there will be a second China team I believe? Speculation, all of it. But I think SF is looking to.further dent the western market while KOF is looking.to cement its grip in the east region-wise.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Growing up I always wished American players picked up more on kof. Barely anyone at my school touched the game

ajflutie

n00b
I love Terrys look with the full sleeve Jacket.. Disappointed in Andy. Looks kind of gay.