KOF2k2 Overstruggle dvd

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
Joined
Mar 6, 2002
Posts
2,240
bought several items from this guy on ebay. he's a good dealer imho, if you don't mind paying for EMS.

edit: hadn't checked his stuff in a while, had to impulse buy :rolleyes:

i have the 2003 and svc dvds that could be ripped if people want, since no one seems to care much about that kind of thing anymore...
 
Last edited:

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Posts
243
buttasuperb said:
Kinda off topic, but are there Third Strike or other Crapcom fighters combo DVD's out there?
Yea there is a sweet third strike combo dvd aint cheap though ...
Even if some one could rip the one that came with the LTD edition ps2 that would be sweet :buttrock:
 

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2002
Posts
24,280
kafuin_gaira said:
that's the one i bought today :mr_t: i have an old dvd player that will region switch with a code on the remote that i use just for such times.

i'll let you know how it is

note, the BIN for mine was $15 cheaper.

burn plz. :emb:
 

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2000
Posts
16,468
90 dollars aint too bad for those sf dvds

i bought mine in japan and it was really expensive even there

about 9000 or so Y ( the equivalent of 70 usd )

great akiman art on the covers of those dvds,by the way

oh,about this topic

the 2003 "flames of nova" mook + dvd is MILES better than the 2002 "overstruggle" dvd

both chaos and 2002 dvds from enterbrain were pretty crappy to be honest,
and super expensive

the 2003 mook + dvd is like a quarter of the price of those dvds and it's a lot better

go figure
 

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2001
Posts
18,061
SonGohan said:
C'mon man. Not every dvd has to be 60 minutes of crazy 100%s, infinities, or retarded glitches.

Hahah, hell yes it does. Alot of these combos I've found on my own from raw play and experiments. Go on over to cyberfanatics and download any 1 vid of there 2002 vids. All of them murderslice this dvd. Hell, compiles those exhibitions into a dvd and start practicing some of that shit.
For example, download the KOF 2001 legends vid on there. That shit is the core example of art.

I learned a good amount of crazy combos from these dudes and its helped my game tremendously. My friends are like "WTF!" when I pull the shit off, but I owe it to cyberfanatics. Mainly remukhan and siryx exhib.
A compet game is so much more insured when you have violent max's on your side as well as strategy to get them to fuck up.

Also be aware, in compet, people use all this shit. Bugs, infinites, pressure whorage. You name it, they use it. I've adopted this rule to, because Athena, Yuri & Mai are just GODLY in 2002. They are the reason I picked up choi, the reason I learned vanessa's inf is to go up against a vanessa player who uses it also.

What im saying is, learn every little thing.

I've cut around this kof 2002 DVD, theres some nice max's in there, but man theres is much better shit on the web.

---

Southtown, I realize what you're saying man, every KOF is someones first year. This vid is perfect for those people to get started on there games.
 
Last edited:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Joined
Jun 27, 2001
Posts
9,436
kafuin_gaira said:
bought several items from this guy on ebay. he's a good dealer imho, if you don't mind paying for EMS.

edit: hadn't checked his stuff in a while, had to impulse buy :rolleyes:

i have the 2003 and svc dvds that could be ripped if people want, since no one seems to care much about that kind of thing anymore...

ON.com already has the KOF2k3 DVD up for download FYI.
 

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Posts
243
JHendrix said:
ON.com already has the KOF2k3 DVD up for download FYI.
Every time i try to view ON.com it says you are not allowed to view this page :crying:
No fair :help:
 

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Posts
23,651
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Hahah, hell yes it does. Alot of these combos I've found on my own from raw play and experiments. Go on over to cyberfanatics and download any 1 vid of there 2002 vids. All of them murderslice this dvd. Hell, compiles those exhibitions into a dvd and start practicing some of that shit.
For example, download the KOF 2001 legends vid on there. That shit is the core example of art.

This is a lot like guitar arguments I've seen take place on plenty a boards. There's always one guy that's talking about how great such-and-such instructional dvd is, and then there's the pompus old-tymer who's been playing Vai leads since he was 13 that comes in to tell everybody how it's crap and there's harder shit they could be learning instead. I mean, not every match is one big combo exhibition, so what's the point?

Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
I learned a good amount of crazy combos from these dudes and its helped my game tremendously. My friends are like "WTF!" when I pull the shit off, but I owe it to cyberfanatics. Mainly remukhan and siryx exhib.
A compet game is so much more insured when you have violent max's on your side as well as strategy to get them to fuck up.

It's always good to learn crazy crap that happens once in a blue moon, but where does all this retarded MAX shit really happen most of the time? On a) scrubs, b) training dummy for some shitty video on the internet, or c) Dashk (also refer to option A).

Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Also be aware, in compet, people use all this shit. Bugs, infinites, pressure whorage. You name it, they use it. I've adopted this rule to, because Athena, Yuri & Mai are just GODLY in 2002. They are the reason I picked up choi, the reason I learned vanessa's inf is to go up against a vanessa player who uses it also.

Almost every 2k2 (or hell, any game) tournament vids I've downloaded in the past really has no crazy crap that happens in them. Sure, there's the ones here and there, but for the most part it's not an intregal part of a high level competition match. Just tiers abusing whatever they can.

(btw, I've never questioned you or your playing ethics, so... yeah I dunno)
 

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2001
Posts
18,061
SonGohan said:
This is a lot like guitar arguments I've seen take place on plenty a boards. There's always one guy that's talking about how great such-and-such instructional dvd is, and then there's the pompus old-tymer who's been playing Vai leads since he was 13 that comes in to tell everybody how it's crap and there's harder shit they could be learning instead. I mean, not every match is one big combo exhibition, so what's the point?



It's always good to learn crazy crap that happens once in a blue moon, but where does all this retarded MAX shit really happen most of the time? On a) scrubs, b) training dummy for some shitty video on the internet, or c) Dashk (also refer to option A).



Almost every 2k2 (or hell, any game) tournament vids I've downloaded in the past really has no crazy crap that happens in them. Sure, there's the ones here and there, but for the most part it's not an intregal part of a high level competition match. Just tiers abusing whatever they can.

(btw, I've never questioned you or your playing ethics, so... yeah I dunno)


You need to play arcade infinite if you wanna see this. And hell man, I've just been to the 2nd best thing, super arcade..
People use it all, I dont know how many damn times ive seen it. These Korean players are freaking insane bro.. I stand by what I said. If you dont waste the time learning it all, someone who is godly will.

A great deal of tourney players know each other so well, they rarely need it, but even in those vids, if you fuck up, they unleash hell upon you. They have it, they just dont use it all the time. Especially high level mame players, since they deal with lag and that blows the experience further.

Some of my chars I've upped pretty good, granted you cant tell how I play offline, but I take pride in a few monsters I've worked with. Like ryo, takuma, saisyu, yash, o yash, DAIMON, Iori, CLARK, CHANG, CHOI..

High level poke whorage.., these rules are more reliant on super turbo/2I and other stuff, because those games cater to mind games, throw pressure, etc. This is different in the aspect that you NEED max combos. They are better games then the junk that 2002 has become for competition. *You need parry's in the III series, but im not discounting that*

I can say a thousand times and you wouldnt understand unless you consistently played people in person. I dont mean to be a dick, but its tough to explain some of these things in detail.

The korean players down here use a ton of max shit, so I learned it to. I am one white dude who plays with mostly good korean players and some of these dudes are easily high level.

As far as max's go.. I need it for insurance on my game. Pressure's, mind games etc.. are great. Without insurance you run a high risk. I play with this in mind. Chars like my yama, chris, iori, vanessa all have fluent max's that I can eat tons of damage with. I need this in case the dude I am playing is a great mai, athena, or yuri player. Those three chars IMO are the greatest of the 2002 crew. I dont use any of them either, I find there games the cheapest of any recent KOF, so for however good someones mai escape game is, I need a better choi game. On and on we go.. Its also a chore to keep up with these players, thats why im on Mame, because the players are from all over. I've played high level pakistan players, some chinese bad asses, this asshole jp guy that I can barely even up with, this mexican dude named YTK. YTK is a dude who has been to tourneys in tons of area's. Hes sick good, I respect him because I learned vanessa's inf when he made asses of me and GoenitzLopez.

I've played MANY tourney level players before and its the same deal, one fuck up that really leaves you in a bad position, and they max you to a fucking pulp.

MAX'S are ESSENTIAL for high level play. The vids you see come off without max's because a grip of those players know each other so well that it becomes a poke game most of the time. Also take into account theres alot of better shit. There are some 2001 high level matches they have that OWN any match vids I've seen. They use the hinako inf, the iori inf, these matches are amazing.

I mean hell, alot of the 2002 match vids, I could probably take some of these dudes.
As with any game, there are tons of different levels of high level play. Take the dudes at A-cho for example, they got those max's also.

I dont know whats going through your mind, I've downloaded tons of vids with CRAZY crap in them many times. Like the 3S hugo players who can parry every damn thing. This is the same concept, but in a different style, *being max combos*

Dont take me as some guitar pro or other weird shit, I am telling it like it is. When you get involved with 2002 on live you will see exactly what I mean. I crush people with my max's and they do the same to me because I fucked up like a fool. Take everything you can with you to high level in 2002, you'll need it all.

Dont have weird 2003 invisible rules for 2002, nobody else will have them, and the biggest ego's follow 2002 players.
 
Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Posts
23,651
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
You need to play arcade infinite if you wanna see this. And hell man, I've just been to the 2nd best thing, super arcade..
People use it all, I dont know how many damn times ive seen it. These Korean players are freaking insane bro.. I stand by what I said. If you dont waste the time learning it all, someone who is godly will.

A great deal of tourney players know each other so well, they rarely need it, but even in those vids, if you fuck up, they unleash hell upon you. They have it, they just dont use it all the time. Especially high level mame players, since they deal with lag and that blows the experience further.

Some of my chars I've upped pretty good, granted you cant tell how I play offline, but I take pride in a few monsters I've worked with. Like ryo, takuma, saisyu, yash, o yash, DAIMON, Iori, CLARK, CHANG, CHOI..

High level poke whorage.., these rules are more reliant on super turbo/2I and other stuff, because those games cater to mind games, throw pressure, etc. This is different in the aspect that you NEED max combos. They are better games then the junk that 2002 has become for competition. *You need parry's in the III series, but im not discounting that*

I can say a thousand times and you wouldnt understand unless you consistently played people in person. I dont mean to be a dick, but its tough to explain some of these things in detail.

The korean players down here use a ton of max shit, so I learned it to. I am one white dude who plays with mostly good korean players and some of these dudes are easily high level.

As far as max's go.. I need it for insurance on my game. Pressure's, mind games etc.. are great. Without insurance you run a high risk. I play with this in mind. Chars like my yama, chris, iori, vanessa all have fluent max's that I can eat tons of damage with. I need this in case the dude I am playing is a great mai, athena, or yuri player. Those three chars IMO are the greatest of the 2002 crew. I dont use any of them either, I find there games the cheapest of any recent KOF, so for however good someones mai escape game is, I need a better choi game. On and on we go.. Its also a chore to keep up with these players, thats why im on Mame, because the players are from all over. I've played high level pakistan players, some chinese bad asses, this asshole jp guy that I can barely even up with, this mexican dude named YTK. YTK is a dude who has been to tourneys in tons of area's. Hes sick good, I respect him because I learned vanessa's inf when he made asses of me and GoenitzLopez.

I've played MANY tourney level players before and its the same deal, one fuck up that really leaves you in a bad position, and they max you to a fucking pulp.

MAX'S are ESSENTIAL for high level play. The vids you see come off without max's because a grip of those players know each other so well that it becomes a poke game most of the time. Also take into account theres alot of better shit. There are some 2001 high level matches they have that OWN any match vids I've seen. They use the hinako inf, the iori inf, these matches are amazing.

I mean hell, alot of the 2002 match vids, I could probably take some of these dudes.
As with any game, there are tons of different levels of high level play. Take the dudes at A-cho for example, they got those max's also.

I dont know whats going through your mind, I've downloaded tons of vids with CRAZY crap in them many times. Like the 3S hugo players who can parry every damn thing. This is the same concept, but in a different style, *being max combos*

Dont take me as some guitar pro or other weird shit, I am telling it like it is. When you get involved with 2002 on live you will see exactly what I mean. I crush people with my max's and they do the same to me because I fucked up like a fool. Take everything you can with you to high level in 2002, you'll need it all.

Dont have weird 2003 invisible rules for 2002, nobody else will have them, and the biggest ego's follow 2002 players.

This is great and all, but you're completely missing the point in that this dvd already teaches you MAX combos as well. They just aren't every single MAX mode possibility that your circle of friends at cyberfanatics have done, thus it's somehow shit?

"LEARN EVERYTHING"

Gimme a break. This dvd has enough in it to give a person the tools to play at a high level, if they put in the time. However, at high level it becomes less and less about what combos you know and more and more about mind games, execution, and capitalization. Show me videos that work with that in KOF games, and aren't just one combo after another with some shitty jpop playing in the bg.

You don't have to explain to me how tournament players play - it's the whole reason I even brought it up in the first place. But to come in here and shit on something that can teach somebody out there something new is coming off like a pompus dick. If you've misunderstood my guitar analogy, I'll explain it so it makes sense for you:

On guitar boards, there's always some dudes posting videos of other guitarists playing insane shit, like playing a million miles an hour, or sliding up and down harmonizing with both hands. Exhibition stuff, really. Every once in a while you'll get somebody that'll throw up something that everybody can take something from and walk away with - nothing too easy, and nothing too difficult that makes them just sit there with their jaw dropped whilist learning nothing rather than what they're watching looks "neat." Then the oldtimers come in talking about how it's basic shit, and they could be practicing and learning some silly double tap sweeps like Michael Angelo or some shit, instead of realizing that there's somebody out there who will gain something from this.

Not everybody is LWK that has top tier friends like Juan Valdez and korean competition in their basement, and until they get some, this dvd can serve them as a great learning tool. Why we're even arguing about this is beyond me. Maybe I'll take it down and host cyberfan vids for the rest of my life next time.
 

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Joined
Jun 27, 2001
Posts
9,436
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
I need this in case the dude I am playing is a great mai, athena, or yuri player. Those three chars IMO are the greatest of the 2002 crew. I dont use any of them either, I find there games the cheapest of any recent KOF, so for however good someones mai escape game is, I need a better choi game. On and on we go..

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HELLO VDOGG!!! ARE YOU READING THIS?

It's just funny because those characters are my best friends characters REGUARDLESS of what KOF we're playing. Of course we've been playing TONS of 2k2 recently, so I've come to despise these three characters because they are so god damned good in that game.

The worst part is he's not the kind of guy to pick top tier characters at all, just that those three are his favorite team be it 98, 2k2, 2k3, 2k1, etc.

And this isn't just my crazy ramblings, ask anyone at the local Philly/NJ meetups or Otakon peeps.

PS. LOL @ Mai run away game vs. choi pressure game. This has been my 2k2 experience for the past 2-3 weeks now since I picked up Choi.

PPSS. LWK is a friggin KOF machine having seen what he can do online, the man is in another league compared to where I'm at. But you just gotta realize that for some idiots like me who are still working on getting up in play, this DVD isn't half bad, except for some of the stupid combo's that made the cut. AKA the gem they show for Shermie: A, A, HCBx2+A I mean, thanks guys, I never would have figured that one out. :kekeke:
 

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
Joined
Mar 6, 2002
Posts
2,240
you guys need to realize, too, that these dvds are usually produced within the first few weeks of the game's release. the dvd does a great job at what it tries to do, show off the new system.

the cyberfanatic, etc. videos are completely different. people have had time to break apart the engine and experiment a bit more. obviously those will be a bit more substantial for the craaazy combos and what-not.
 

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2001
Posts
18,061
JHendrix said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HELLO VDOGG!!! ARE YOU READING THIS?

It's just funny because those characters are my best friends characters REGUARDLESS of what KOF we're playing. Of course we've been playing TONS of 2k2 recently, so I've come to despise these three characters because they are so god damned good in that game.

The worst part is he's not the kind of guy to pick top tier characters at all, just that those three are his favorite team be it 98, 2k2, 2k3, 2k1, etc.

And this isn't just my crazy ramblings, ask anyone at the local Philly/NJ meetups or Otakon peeps.

PS. LOL @ Mai run away game vs. choi pressure game. This has been my 2k2 experience for the past 2-3 weeks now since I picked up Choi.

PPSS. LWK is a friggin KOF machine having seen what he can do online, the man is in another league compared to where I'm at. But you just gotta realize that for some idiots like me who are still working on getting up in play, this DVD isn't half bad, except for some of the stupid combo's that made the cut. AKA the gem they show for Shermie: A, A, HCBx2+A I mean, thanks guys, I never would have figured that one out. :kekeke:

I hear you man. I dont care what anyone says, choi is a bad ass character. People complain hes cheap. IMO Mai is worse at high level.
Choi is real hard to be effective with, hes probably my toughest learn and I am still working with his ass.
 

kernow

Surfer of Carewaves
20 Year Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2001
Posts
31,988
so..

why is every combo shown twice then?

:spock:

nice vid, I might pick up a kof2k2 mvs kit now.. \\o
 

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2001
Posts
18,061
SonGohan said:
This is great and all, but you're completely missing the point in that this dvd already teaches you MAX combos as well. They just aren't every single MAX mode possibility that your circle of friends at cyberfanatics have done, thus it's somehow shit?

"LEARN EVERYTHING"

Gimme a break. This dvd has enough in it to give a person the tools to play at a high level, if they put in the time. However, at high level it becomes less and less about what combos you know and more and more about mind games, execution, and capitalization. Show me videos that work with that in KOF games, and aren't just one combo after another with some shitty jpop playing in the bg.

You don't have to explain to me how tournament players play - it's the whole reason I even brought it up in the first place. But to come in here and shit on something that can teach somebody out there something new is coming off like a pompus dick. If you've misunderstood my guitar analogy, I'll explain it so it makes sense for you:

On guitar boards, there's always some dudes posting videos of other guitarists playing insane shit, like playing a million miles an hour, or sliding up and down harmonizing with both hands. Exhibition stuff, really. Every once in a while you'll get somebody that'll throw up something that everybody can take something from and walk away with - nothing too easy, and nothing too difficult that makes them just sit there with their jaw dropped whilist learning nothing rather than what they're watching looks "neat." Then the oldtimers come in talking about how it's basic shit, and they could be practicing and learning some silly double tap sweeps like Michael Angelo or some shit, instead of realizing that there's somebody out there who will gain something from this.

Not everybody is LWK that has top tier friends like Juan Valdez and korean competition in their basement, and until they get some, this dvd can serve them as a great learning tool. Why we're even arguing about this is beyond me. Maybe I'll take it down and host cyberfan vids for the rest of my life next time.


This vid is good for beginning players, or even good players that want to take there game even higher. Hell, im not tourney yet, but alot of this vid has filler stuff in it.
I replied and I said "not to be a dick". Its my personal view of this vid. I honestly meant that.

I know people will gain from this, haha maybe I am a tad of a cock with KOF, but I dont play to many fighting games anymore. I have college and other stuff, so besides 98/2002 and the III series, I dont play other fighters. Dont attack me as if im one of those holier then thou dudes. I'm not tourney level myself and I respect my fellow gamer.. I'm chill with you guys and I hope you see me the same way. =(

I am one of those people that actually uses hard/good damaging combos when I am given the chance. I dont get em every time though, some max combos are just to useless with lag.. If you plan to go live, this vid is bad ass for you, but every once in a while I hit a cade and this stuff will serve me there.. I remember the earlier 2002 play I was sad not to be good enough to be a part of.. Online play can becomes anyones game depending on delay/lag.

There seems to be this view that there is like only one style of high level. This vid is good for strats and a few mean combos. I'll change what I said originally and say "if you dig this, try cyberfanatics for some more exhibition"

This vid has a few things that I can dig. I am just making sure people realize there is better stuff.

LEARN EVERYTHING. You will need it with 2002. I know what you mean to my: 'oh please', but you GOTTA realize that dudes are fucking psycho good in this.
 
Last edited:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2000
Posts
16,468
yeah well

i use mai a lot when i can

i think mai's alright in 2002,maybe pretty good but godly?

no,she was godly in 99,2000 and 2001

pretty good in 2002

and utter crap in 2003

heh
 

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Joined
May 26, 2002
Posts
9,233
I thought this thread was about a free download? I think I go lost somewhere.
I play with Andy, Goro, and Ryo, I suck. :kekeke:
 

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2001
Posts
18,061
Fran said:
yeah well

i use mai a lot when i can

i think mai's alright in 2002,maybe pretty good but godly?

no,she was godly in 99,2000 and 2001

pretty good in 2002

and utter crap in 2003

heh


Thats the crazy thing. I think Mai is a hidden monster in 2002. Man I played this tourney Mai, he was so busy with her keep away game that I really couldnt do crap.. I mean, this dude KNEW her good. I respect his knowledge, but this is a problem I have with 2002 and its over all appeal. This is what draws me back to 98, sure ADV damage is fucked, ADV ralf's sC pokes are to good, but I seem to get better play from others out of 98.

I hate Mai because of her air priority in 2002.. I'd rather deal with athena and I honestly mean that.. Mai is crazy because she has a touch of all things. A poke game, a untouchable air game, good max combos, one of the best HSDM's (hsdms dont really matter, since people seem to rarely use them now..) Her cross ups are as scary as chris's as far as im concerned.

98 has my respect more because theres alot less pressure cheese. I mean, look at Kula in 2002, cmon SNK.

Mai is a tough char at high level. Maybe I am just biased cause im judging her based on a experience I had, as I do agree that any char can look cheap if used by the right hands. ;)
 
Last edited:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Joined
Jun 27, 2001
Posts
9,436
Fran said:
yeah well

i use mai a lot when i can

i think mai's alright in 2002,maybe pretty good but godly?

no,she was godly in 99,2000 and 2001

pretty good in 2002

and utter crap in 2003

heh

I dunno about godly, I just like poking fun at a friend of mine who lurks the boards who uses her all the time.

I do know she has an insane keep-away game and mad air priority. And it's sickeningly easy to pull a cross up with her air moves.

It also helps that my friend is a very, very good turtle player when he wants to be.

I broke down and learned the Ikari's/Diamon/Shermie just so I could have some good command throws to break the turtle shell he can put up.
 
Top