Konami Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Terminal -- Convert? CP Options?

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Anyone have any experience with these?

duelterminal.jpg

Are these cabs based off a standard cabinet design that I can get a standard control panel for?

I found one with a sign on it that says "permanently retired", that I might be able to snag up for cheap. If I can convert it into a standard candy cab, I'm going to go for it. But as it is, an arcade machine with no joysticks is about as useful as a poopy flavored lolly pop to me.

What say ye? Pipe dream or worthy find?

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
What does "permanently retired" mean? Is it still playable? I'd be very hesitant to convert something that unique.

If you want to make a cab, there's a guy on Craig's List in Minneapolis selling arcade monitors if you want to build your own.

Maybe ask the local conventions if they would be interested in it (Anime Detour, Anime Fusion, Convergence, etc). I can hook you up with contact information if you want it.

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
What does "permanently retired" mean? Is it still playable? I'd be very hesitant to convert something that unique.

If you want to make a cab, there's a guy on Craig's List in Minneapolis selling arcade monitors if you want to build your own.

Maybe ask the local conventions if they would be interested in it (Anime Detour, Anime Fusion, Convergence, etc). I can hook you up with contact information if you want it.

Yeah, I've been seeing the monitors pop up on craigslist. I've got spares, a mame box and a nearly unlimited supply of LCD's, so no need here. I'm not too consumed with building out another cab, more of a dealhunter. If the cash and the potential is right, I'd roll with it. I have 3 cabs at home already, but nothing sit down. But the thought of having a candy, or candy like machine makes my pants tight. When I saw this, my spidey sense started tingling.

As it sits, the machine was powered off and jammed into a corner with that "permanently retired" sign hanging on it. I didn't ask any questions or show any interest as I didn't want to tip my hand if it was something I could use. I didn't know anything about it either, so i didn't want to walk into a negotiation unarmed. In its current incarnation, it's worth nothing to me. So if its not a standards based cabinet design that could be made into a "real" arcade machine, I'll pass off the info as to where it is and you can pimp it to the con folks if you like.

But, if there is a freak chance that this machine body style is used in other parts of the world for things besides yu-gi-blow, and I can get OEM add-ons and accessories for it; It will be joining my collection.

fox

n00b
Was this at the card shop in roseville? If you want a sit down cab I have a tekken 5 I could sell you in Stillwater.