Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
I respect that but I doubt he got 2 bad copies. No one else has reported a problem.
I am 99% sure it a PSU issue. . Made a post on the tech forum. Not sure if this is also a sign of bad caps. I can see stability change when I use another PSU. Who knows, how many people are actually playing the game or just sit in them to flip them? Or it could be the same issue paprium had with some models of Genesis and clones.. hell I have one anomaly with my analogue SG, it will not start paprium(only the parody game) when using the HDMI input on the front of my receiver(cable does not matter).. But when switching to a different HDMI input on my TV it works fine. Talk about it stupid fluke.. In that case are you telling me that timing of the FPGA should changes just enough just because I changed to another HDMI input on another device.. weird stuff in my tech history.. a bit off the subject but these odd things happen and it seems to happen to me.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I am 99% sure it a PSU issue. . Made a post on the tech forum. Not sure if this is also a sign of bad caps. I can see stability change when I use another PSU. Who knows, how many people are actually playing the game or just sit in them to flip them? Or it could be the same issue paprium had with some models of Genesis and clones.. hell I have one anomaly with my analogue SG, it will not start paprium(only the parody game) when using the HDMI input on the front of my receiver(cable does not matter).. But when switching to a different HDMI input on my TV it works fine. Talk about it stupid fluke.. In that case are you telling me that timing of the FPGA should changes just enough just because I changed to another HDMI input on another device.. weird stuff in my tech history.. a bit off the subject but these odd things happen and it seems to happen to me.
did you try turning it off and on again?

My Aes Kraut works fine. Like every other game I insert the cartridge all the way down then lift it up just a cunt hair. I’m using a power supply from retro game supply. I’ve got a bunch of power supply’s from them over the years and they all work great nice n cool and reasonably priced

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Agreed. Need to check PSU output voltage.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Just received my triad PSU, same issue...
Hooked up the PSU to "Kill A Watt EZ" meter to read the voltage and current.
It seems to be very close to a retail game like Last Resort and the same as other homebrew Xenon Crisis & GunLord.
The only one that stands out is the 161 in 1 bootleg cart and that works perfectly.

"Kill A Watt EZ" readings
KB 09 amp 07 watt 11va
GL 09 amp 07 watt 11va
161 13 amp 09 watt 15 va
LR 09 amp 06 watt 11 va
XC 09 amp 07 watt 11va

Will update on the tech support section.

Last edited:

promking

Marked Wolf
7.jpeg

I had a glitches on first boot.
I too the game out blew on it like a goob.
Pushed it down all the way , and worked fine played for about two hours after that.
I actually really like this game

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Quick update here. I've had my Kraut Buster AES for a couple months now but finally tried it out last night.
I was impressed! The game is really fun, obvious a ton of time and effort went into it. Happy to report it doesn't really feel like a straight Slug ripoff - obviously same type of game but the feel of the game is very different. Stages were very long and varied. My 2 favorite things - #1, the pacing of the game is somewhat unique as there are areas w tons of enemies that the game appears to want you to just blaze through guns blazing until you get to a "stoppage" point where you have to beat up a bunch of specific guys. #2, the performance. really no slowdown even in scenes with tons of moving things and bullets. Not sure how they pulled that off. 5 year wait was a joke but at the end of the day, I really do like the game.
I wish it hung on the overworld map screen a little while longer between stages as it's cool to look at.

Damsco

n00b
#2, the performance. really no slowdown even in scenes with tons of moving things and bullets. Not sure how they pulled that off.

The thing with these undumped games running on custom carts is that you never know what parts are actually a neo game or what parts (if any) of the processing is offloaded onto some fpga on the cart, effectively using the neo as a just a video-out device.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
The thing with these undumped games running on custom carts is that you never know what parts are actually a neo game or what parts (if any) of the processing is offloaded onto some fpga on the cart, effectively using the neo as a just a video-out device.

Definitely seems like something like that is going on.
Couple more small cool things I forgot to mention. Blood is on by default in AES mode on a standard US AES. And, you can add more credits in AES mode by pushing the select button on the continue screen.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member

Which is why most of this homebrew shit blows. If it's not using proper SNK hardware to put the game on screen, it's not really a Neo-Geo game is it.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I reached out to NGDEV to see if they would reprint Kraut Buster. This is the response I got...

Hello,

about NEOGEO reprints:

We plan to reprint our NEOGEO backlog in the future with priority on
Kraut Buster AES.

But as the old parts are not available anymore or got too expensive we
need to do a PCB and firmware redesign.
Earliest for any NEOGEO reprints will be in 2025 after we shipped Fast
Striker AES.

We also have several new NEOGEO games in development.

rastaman83

n00b
J'ai contacté NGDEV pour voir s'ils réimprimeraient Kraut Buster. C'est la réponse que j'ai reçue...

Bonjour,

à propos des réimpressions NEOGEO :

Nous prévoyons de réimprimer notre backlog NEOGEO à l'avenir en priorité sur
Kraut Buster AES.

Mais comme les anciennes pièces ne sont plus disponibles ou sont devenues trop chères, nous
besoin de faire une refonte du PCB et du firmware.
La première réimpression de NEOGEO aura lieu en 2025 après l'expédition de Fast.
L'attaquant AES.

Nous avons également plusieurs nouveaux jeux NEOGEO en développement.
2025,so near 2030 in NG Dev langage 😄