Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Did it pay off? Sounds like a future market leech

Nah, don't worry. Just found it really amusing someone would have a pile of "Fight Fever" carts in his living room, hoping to make some huge profit off them. :D

There is some serious paranoia going on here when it comes to marketplace scum, by the way. Yeah yeah, all with good reason, I know....but still, let's relax a little. :)

Did it pay off? I'm calling you rodent 'cause of the squirrel on your ava and my Turrican suit is made of bad ass.

Yeah, I got the squirrel connection but I didn't wanna call you ass, bad or otherwise :D
Just kidding, of course...I love "Turrican" (and still need to find a good way to play them again after selling my Amiga. CD32 maybe? In the meantime the Mega Drive, NES and SNES iterations will have to do)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm always on guard, part of being a key member of the science ninja team.

As far as Turrican go, I strongly recommend emulation. The amiga emulator works so nice, and along with Joy to Key you can set the jump to a button and many other features not made available with the original hardware/software. Personally I prefer it over the real thing but some people would disagree.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I'm always on guard, part of being a key member of the science ninja team.

Well, it's probably for the best, so keep it up.

Asfar as Turrican go, I strongly recommend emulation. The amiga emulator works so nice, and along with Joy to Key you can set the jump to a button and many other features not made available with the original hardware/software. Personally I prefer it over the real thing but some people would disagree.

Well, I don't like playing on computers....only have a Mac Mini which I rarely use. But it seems that there is a fan-made "Turrican Trilogy" for the CD32 that could be my best bet.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It depends on the computer and the setup. If you do it proper you can play just like you would any given console.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
It depends on the computer and the setup. If you do it proper you can play just like you would any given console.

Yeah, I know, but I just don't want to get into that.
I know you can have a sweet setup in your living room with none of the office flair of yesteryear but I'm a console gamer at heart. Simple as that. :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
To each their own. Nothing wrong with console love. In the case of Turrican you're out of luck as it will always be a computer set up, there's no way around it.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
To each their own. Nothing wrong with console love. In the case of Turrican you're out of luck as it will always be a computer set up, there's no way around it.

I really don't wanna derail this thread, but....you sure? I could swear there was some unofficiial "Turrican Trilogy" for the CD32.

To contribute something to the topic: I wonder when AES preorders will go up. End of the year perhaps?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
To contribute something to the topic: I wonder when AES preorders will go up. End of the year perhaps?

If i was guessing probably after a couple of W.I.P. videos have been shown. Been a month since the first, should be soon with another update fixing stuff from all their other feedback they recieved.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I really don't wanna derail this thread, but....you sure? I could swear there was some unofficiial "Turrican Trilogy" for the CD32.

Derail away, it happens all the time, besides, your "contribution didn't really add up to much anyway so don't fret. As far as Turrican trilogy for the Amiga CD32 goes, it still requires a keyboard so it still is a computer setup regardless.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Derail away, it happens all the time, besides, your "contribution didn't really add up to much anyway so don't fret.

Gee, at least I was trying :p

As far as Turrican trilogy for the Amiga CD32 goes, it still requires a keyboard so it still is a computer setup regardless.

Ah, that's what I was afraid of. Was hoping that necessity would have been "patched out" somehow.

Anyway, the CD32 will still feel like a console to me even if I have a hook up a keyboard to it every now and then. Hell, even the Dreamcast has one. :D

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Seems like they are cleaning up. Good for them. Character is still super lame, some bearded fuck that no one gives a shit about now let alone stare at his stupid face up top the whole time. The artistry is there but the art direction is not heading the right way.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Seems like they are cleaning up. Good for them. Character is still super lame, some bearded fuck that no one gives a shit about now let alone stare at his stupid face up top the whole time. The artistry is there but the art direction is not heading the right way.

Hmm, you dislike the main character himself? I thought his beard was a nice throwback to "Cyber-Lip", and therefore I rather like it.
You also don't approve of the backgrounds and such?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
still looks boring. Like some middleclass mommy/teenage flash game. Could be straight out of some android farm game. blergh.
Skill without creativity...

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I was looking at the Kraut Buster main page, they removed all the other screen shots. Only pic now is the one they posted on FB with the new cow. Must be tweaking enemies a lot as well. Wish they would show an update or more new pics soon.

Just saw this they added to the control scheme. Pretty cool you can use D button to switch between weapons.

http://www.kraut-buster.com/controls.html

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I was looking at the Kraut Buster main page, they removed all the other screen shots. Only pic now is the one they posted on FB with the new cow. Must be tweaking enemies a lot as well. Wish they would show an update or more new pics soon.

Just saw this they added to the control scheme. Pretty cool you can use D button to switch between weapons.

http://www.kraut-buster.com/controls.html

They also seem to have added the controls of the game. Shooting in 8 directions and varying the distance of the grenade throw are welcome IMO. I think I'll like this game :)

Regards.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
They also seem to have added the controls of the game. Shooting in 8 directions and varying the distance of the grenade throw are welcome IMO. I think I'll like this game :)

Regards.

Yeah I'm getting this game i think it will be great once finished. Run n gun are my favorite genre so im ready for the next update.

Last edited: