Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Weird thought, maybe the other arcade platform is the board the Skycurser dudes are working on? This game does make a heck of a lot more sense on a non-snk platform where it doesn't have to compete with the Slug.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Weird thought, maybe the other arcade platform is the board the Skycurser dudes are working on? This game does make a heck of a lot more sense on a non-snk platform where it doesn't have to compete with the Slug.

Highly doubt it would be a cooperative effort between the two. I am certain that it will be kept in house, and the custom pcb seems like the most likely candidate.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Highly doubt it would be a cooperative effort between the two. I am certain that it will be kept in house, and the custom pcb seems like the most likely candidate.

You're probably right.

I wonder what they're going to do to try and keep the collector crowd interested without the classic Neo Geo accoutrements though. The fact that they dress their games up like full official releases has always been one of the most appealing things about them.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
You're probably right.

I wonder what they're going to do to try and keep the collector crowd interested without the classic Neo Geo accoutrements though. The fact that they dress their games up like full official releases has always been one of the most appealing things about them.

Yea, part of the appeal is the official Neo release feel... maybe that is why they are going dual format for this game, to test the waters. I iimagine if they go custom pcb, they can spend less.time programming around hardware limitations, so maybe that is where savings will be made.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
New video / trailer should be up this coming week or the next then the AES preorder after.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Here are a couple new CE insert teasers straight from Timm!

CGgOYwpXEAIRd46.png

CGgOZQnW0AEtpQr.png

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Here are a couple new CE insert teasers straight from Timm!

CGgOYwpXEAIRd46.png

CGgOZQnW0AEtpQr.png

That's cool looks like he has a hockey masks on the snow level. Maybe that makes him invincible for a bit or something. Wish I could see that mech before it exploded.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
That's cool looks like he has a hockey masks on the snow level. Maybe that makes him invincible for a bit or something. Wish I could see that mech before it exploded.

Notice also what is shown in place of the character bust at top left of the screenshots. Take a look at what's shown at far right on the top teaser...

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Notice also what is shown in place of the character bust at top left of the screenshots. Take a look at what's shown at far right on the top teaser...

Yeah i noticed that after i replied. Wonder what the hell they do, obviously special abilities huh? Man i want to see more pics killing me guys. :hammer:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Looks like one of those traditional japanese spirit masks... would be cool to see what other masks are included.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'm not sure what to make of this, it would be the most money I've ever spent on a single video game and there's nothing to go off of in terms of gameplay. What if it's just a shitty Metal Slug clone? If I want that, I already have Metal Slug 4 and that only cost me $50 new. $450 for what could be a steamy turd? Not sure that's worth the risk.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I'm not sure what to make of this, it would be the most money I've ever spent on a single video game and there's nothing to go off of in terms of gameplay. What if it's just a shitty Metal Slug clone? If I want that, I already have Metal Slug 4 and that only cost me $50 new. $450 for what could be a steamy turd? Not sure that's worth the risk.

Thats been just about every other previous release, and every month theres a WTB thread for one of their games. I say the risk is pretty low.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I was wondering if this time round would be the time where they ship the last game they sold before pre-ordering of the next one starts.... yup, still waiting for Razion AES

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I don't think so. The PCBs for Razion AES are scheduled for June from the manufacturer, but I guess that is only tentative. So we can just sit and wait...

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Yeah, there was sarcasm intended there, with NGDev it's all about the waiting.
also... "The EURO price of the CE is significantly higher than in the past." :eek: like they weren't already expensive

powerflower

Banned
love the background art. Hate the sprites

Yepp, sprites aren't uniform with the BG. Bosses are ok I guess. I don't think they master all these animations like when the enemies are doin' stupid things.

On the other side it's Irem against NG:DEV. Anyone noticed that Top Hunter uses the same art as In The Hunt or MS? Sadly it's boring and repetetive. Btw. In the Hunt is a true gem. What i liked in shooters was the bonus to destruct the backgrounds. First Ilumination was Gun Frontier than ITH which was more destructive than MS1 but still MS1 was cool to blow up things. Sadly as the series progress this signature got lost.

Here some really pretty clone on Atomiswave HW aka a 1:1 JAMMA Dreamcast fed with Rom Carts.

Only vid I found with some annoying comments...

Last edited:

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
For all those people who don't get their newsletter:

Dear customers,

for preparation for the start of the Kraut Buster AES CE pre-orders we want to provide some information before hand.

A second newsletter with detailed explanation of the game features will be send when the pre orders start in a few days.

Pre-orders for the AES CE start on June 9th/10th and will be kicked off with a new trailer.

The trailer will show the new character physics, graphic improvements/style change and new features. Besides adding more contra style controls and feels to it, we also added some unique game feature too. We already teased it a little on the AES insert previews. Maybe you can guess it. It's quite a game changer in our mind and sets KB further apart from MS.

Some words about the limitation:

The AES CE gets for the first time an exclusive insert design additional to more than ever extras.
Only the CE comes with a certificate card with limitation number. This card will use some kind of special paper and will have handwritten numbers in a old German writing style. As always a holographic number sticker will be on the back of the cartridge too.

The limitation is 98 both languages combined. So roughly only 49 English and 49 Japanese units with this insert will exist. Due to favors that were needed to create this game, only less than 90 units may be available for sale.

The starting price of the AES CE will be significantly higher than usual. All extra money will be spend with improving the game, adding content (maybe adding a 3rd character Valeria "Bona" Bossa?). Our goal is to reach Japanese arcade quality in about 8 months from now.

Kraut Buster cost us the same amount of money to produce like Gunlord, NEO XYX and Razion _combined_. Yes combined! Thus we need to sell more units and at a higher price. If this works out, you can look forward for more high quality pixel art games in the future.

RAZION AES CE took 7 hours to sell out, with the new price we assume it will take a little longer this time.

Pre orders of the AES LE will follow about 2 months later. The AES LE will be priced at an early bird price of 449 EUR. It's limitation will be at least 100 units.

Like usual the AES version ships 3-6 month after the MVS version, to be sure to have the final version for the non update able AES carts.

All MVS versions are limited to one print run. The game will be licensed in 2016 to another arcade platform for Japan/Asia.

If you don't follow us on social medias, you can find some new CRT screen shots and first product photos here: http://www.kraut-buster.com

http://www.kraut-buster.com/img/product/kb_fb_aes_jpn_ce_960px_satu.jpg
http://www.kraut-buster.com/img/product/kb_fb_aes_eng_ce_960px_satu.jpg

Razion AES:

RAZION AES is still scheduled for shipping this month. We should get the games in the next 2 weeks according to the manufacturer.

Best regards,
NGDEV

Shop: http://www.ngdevdirect.com
WWW: http://www.ngdevteam.com
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NGDEVTEAM
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ngdevteam
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ngdevteam

I'm kinda curious what signifcantly more expensive means for the CE.

I'm in for the LE at 449.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Well, it seems like they're pretty determined to get this right. Looking forward to the new trailer.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Loving all the new screens shots they put up today on K.B. main page. The addition of the different masks w/ abilities is going to be sweet.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm liking the improvements and I'm really looking forward to see the video of it in action.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
They were talking about KB, then switched gears and talked about Razion, then right after Razion talk they said this:

Pre orders of the AES LE will follow about 2 months later. The AES LE will be priced at an early bird price of 449 EUR. It's limitation will be at least 100 units.

Is this the LE for KB, or Razion?