Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I have to admit that even I as an avid NGDev supporter am starting to be a bit irritated.

How long will that drag on until we get a definitive release date........?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
We all know those dates they feed us are all BS. When it shows up at your door......then you'll know.

Oh sure, that happens with many things, but by now the only official estimate we have is 09/17.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Oh sure, that happens with many things, but by now the only official estimate we have is 09/17.

Yes, things happen all the time....NG DEV has made this part of their business model however.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I pre-ordered all NGDev stuff in 2015. We've now entered a risky phase, as so much time has elapsed that paypal order protection has expired. If NGDev goes out of business you lose your money.

I'm mostly a pinball guy (which is why I don't post much here). I pre-ordered several machines 5-6 years ago, including the infamous Predator pinball machine. I lost a lot of money. One learning was how quickly PP protection expires.

I'm not saying NGDev is the same type of situation, but don't rely on PP... Basically, we are totally giving our trust to NGDev at this point.

Last edited:

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
Hopefully it can be released this year......I am thinking to get back the money if no update before June.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I pre-ordered all NGDev stuff in 2015. We've now entered a risky phase, as so much time has elapsed that paypal order protection has expired. If NGDev goes out of business you lose your money.

I'm mostly a pinball guy (which is why I don't post much here). I pre-ordered several machines 5-6 years ago, including the infamous Predator pinball machine. I lost a lot of money. One learning was how quickly PP protection expires.

I'm not saying NGDev is the same type of situation, but don't rely on PP... Basically, we are totally giving our trust to NGDev at this point.

They delivered every other game I pre ordered, so I am not too worried. I didn't realize paypal protection extended years out though. I always thought it was just a few months.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
They delivered every other game I pre ordered, so I am not too worried. I didn't realize paypal protection extended years out though. I always thought it was just a few months.
There is a 180 day limit on filing a claim with PayPal, and it doesn't have the protections you get with credit card payments.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
There is a 180 day limit on filing a claim with PayPal, and it doesn't have the protections you get with credit card payments.

Well, in that case I think most people who order a game from them end up well beyond the 180 day limit. I'm pretty sure Razion took about 2 years.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Yeah... each NG.dev reelease seems to take a while...

I assume the delay may have to do something with the negative remarks to their youtube video showing the initial game...

However, they do have accounts here and the occassional "Hello... we're still alive... here's an update post.." would be nice and reassure their customer base...

xROTx

PS. JUST SAYIN' NG.DEV team... take a leaf out of the Neosd's teams book and consider some posts in relation to this...

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I would be surprised if they changed their demeanor on this, after years of working on their games like so. Especially given that they've been successful enough as is. I imagine they prefer to lay low, continue using their time on the game itself, and avoid spending effort on updates that can backfire or expose them in unintended ways. This can be tricky for a small shop.

I do agree with Rot that an occasional life sign alone would go a long way. Their model can certainly be frustrating, especially in our age of failed or perpetually-delayed pay-upfront projects. For my part, I've no concerns on their ability to deliver a great game. I hope what we get at the end is truly special, the amount of effort and care going into this one is rare in this genre.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Gunlord AES took around 2 years too. Hardly anyone had done business with them back then, so the concerns were understanding. But they've released like 6 games since then and have delivered every time.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
They could use a PR guy that would run a developer's diary on their releases. We wouldn't have them games anytime sooner, but who doesn't like to be fed with sweet illusions?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Y'all are still talking about this?

You'd think the game would out by now.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Wouldn't be surprised if the game was delayed because of all the changes from complaints of the first trailer so long ago.

edit: in 11 days, this thread is 2 years old.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Holding peoples money for this long is just not right.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Holding peoples money for this long is just not right.

I tend to agree...

... I was just wondering about this and comparing this to the NEOSD release...

I was thinking about the people who complained after a few months when they didn't get their free NEOSD shell... or asking for updates everyday about their order...

..People have prob realised contacting or complaining to NG.dev is prob a exercise in futility...

xROTx

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I don't mind them taking additional time to get Kraut Busters to a point they are happy with, but I just wish they would provide occasional updates. I thought they said they were going to ship Gunlord and Last Hope MVS reprints in April - their website still says "At the same time as Kraut Busters"... Give us an update NGDEV ;) I also disagree about NGDEV games being overpriced garbage - yes they are expensive, but they are fun playable games, with kick ass music and in most places great graphics. No one else is developing games for the Neo Geo, so you've got to give bonus points for that too.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I don't mind them taking additional time to get Kraut Busters to a point they are happy with, but I just wish they would provide occasional updates. I thought they said they were going to ship Gunlord and Last Hope MVS reprints in April - their website still says "At the same time as Kraut Busters"... Give us an update NGDEV ;) I also disagree about NGDEV games being overpriced garbage - yes they are expensive, but they are fun playable games, with kick ass music and in most places great graphics. No one else is developing games for the Neo Geo, so you've got to give bonus points for that too.

A Turrican clone and a few mediocre shooters.

What will you say when Kraut Busters comes out and it's mediocre at best? Would the time you spent waiting for this game be justified?