Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Fast Striker and Raizon reprints are up for sale.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
That's a shame. I don't mind paying a premium over what the originals sold for to try the game out, but not to the extent resellers are asking, so a second print would be nice.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
That's a shame. I don't mind paying a premium over what the originals sold for to try the game out, but not to the extent resellers are asking, so a second print would be nice.

From the email they sent out earlier it sounds like they produced MVS PCB boards for Kraut Buster but then realised they needed more meg, so had to start again. I think they're using the boards they'd produced to do a limited run of Fast Striker and Raizon.

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
It's that "press up to jump" bullshit.

Seriously, WTF is that about?

That's what drove me nuts about Turrican, the movement just feels really clunky, for lack of a better word.

That's for Turrican, not Gunlord.

Also, you can set the buttons to whatever you want via emulation or modding your Amiga stick, there are ways man, you just gotta want it bad enough, Turrican isn't for everyone.

I'll give it another go sometime (Gunlord, that is, I think I'm done trying with Turrican). I've just played too much of Metal Slug, Gunstar Heroes, Ex-Ranza, and other, more fast-paced run'n guns, it's just the style I prefer I guess.

On topic, Kraut Buster does look good. I still wish there was gonna be a DC release, but I get why they aren't doing those anymore.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
That's for Turrican, not Gunlord.

Also, you can set the buttons to whatever you want via emulation or modding your Amiga stick, there are ways man, you just gotta want it bad enough, Turrican isn't for everyone.

I like Turrican.

I don't like Gunlord.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
On topic update from their newsletter:
Kraut Buster MVS dev is still ongoing. We are still on schedule to start beta testing end of June. After the first beta test round and fixes we will make a small video.

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
Yes, 10 minutes ago i saw fast striker, xyx and razion mvs available for may. Now all disappeared...

I'm pretty sure you didnt see xyx as they always insisted they will not be reprinting that for neogeo platform. There are 2 other games available now, see ngdevdirect.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'm pretty sure you didnt see xyx as they always insisted they will not be reprinting that for neogeo platform. There are 2 other games available now, see ngdevdirect.

Yeah they also mentioned on FB that it's "more suitable for JAMMA."

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I'm sure they're slowly figuring out that their games are shite.

Haha, well, they certainly pale in comparison when compared to the best the Neo had to offer, but their games are not bad at all. Gunlord feels relatively fresh compared to other games in the library, XYX is one of a kind as a vert game, Fast Striker and Razion are not bad either. Certainly they might not be worth the price of entry if there are other games to be had in your collection. But in terms of supporting the indie arcade scene, their work is a lot better and seems like less of a cash grab than a lot of what's out there.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
it'll be heading to 2018 easily.... at least for AES. This has been my last preorder on NGDev, its really taking way too long.

"Notice about Kraut Buster AES. We first need to finish the MVS version (earliest in late September), after that we need to wait for customer feedback for 1-2 month to make sure the AES version is the final version as there are no software updates possible on AES."

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
It's curious why they would design the MVS version to take software updates, but not do that on the AES version. Must be a cost cutting thing - maybe there's less on the AES carts vs the MVS carts - with regards to support for an update via USB?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They've explained this before. Their AES versions are considered the final version. MVS owners help do some debugging.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
It's curious why they would design the MVS version to take software updates, but not do that on the AES version. Must be a cost cutting thing - maybe there's less on the AES carts vs the MVS carts - with regards to support for an update via USB?

Easier to open an MVS (screws) than AES (snaps?) ? You might wind up with a lot of busted AES cart shells, and where's the fun in that? How are their AES carts programmed?

At least I'll finally get to play mine (MVS) in September...

Last edited:

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Maybe they wanna stick to the old ways. Homecarts never got updates right? MVS did get revisions didn't they?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Maybe they wanna stick to the old ways. Homecarts never got updates right? MVS did get revisions didn't they?

Depends on how you look at it. There are different revisions of AES launch games (Ghost Pilots had limited or unlimited credits, Magician Lord an intro/no intro, checkpoint/re-spawn version), there were regional changes including censorship (SS' green blood, KoF's "bouncing" debacle), adaptation (Dunk Dream had countries, Street Hoop had states) or bugs (Sonic Wings 3's difficulty bug).

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
No news on their Facebook page. But shouldn't this be shipping within the month based on their last news bit?