Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
so NG DEV posted a new screenshot today, tagline: "Freezing my balls off!"
More video footage to come for the Homecart preorder.

Spoiler:
(hope it shows for you guys if I just link it... otherwise go here)
11124594_875888149134127_9141580928650995982_n.jpg

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I just noticed that under the main character's face is what it seems like a lifebar. Maybe this game breaks the convention of one-hit deaths in run'n'gun games?

Regards.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I just noticed that under the main character's face is what it seems like a lifebar. Maybe this game breaks the convention of one-hit deaths in run'n'gun games?

Regards.

Thats bar is the combo meter for the chain base scoring.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
so NG DEV posted a new screenshot today, tagline: "Freezing my balls off!"
More video footage to come for the Homecart preorder.

Spoiler:
(hope it shows for you guys if I just link it... otherwise go here)
11124594_875888149134127_9141580928650995982_n.jpg

Supposedly reworked grunt. Anyone know what they looked like before? I can't tell a difference, especially now that old footage and pics are gone.

xsq

Supposedly reworked grunt. Anyone know what they looked like before? I can't tell a difference, especially now that old footage and pics are gone.

The old footage can be found here.
Not that much of a difference as far as I can tell, the gun seems to be a bit smaller and the uniform slightly darker (though that might be the CRT), the face has gotten some more details and the black border is way slimmer. An improvement to be sure.

Last edited:

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Due to a licensing deal this game may be not available any more after the initial print in the MVS format. For now it will be available for pre order until 31th December 2015.

From their page.

All this year to preorder... i like that wide shopping period. But... did i misunderstood or they're saying that is not going to be reprinted ever? Also they do not say anything about AES.

And that licensing deal sounds misterious, isn't it?

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
From their page.

All this year to preorder... i like that wide shopping period. But... did i misunderstood or they're saying that is not going to be reprinted ever? Also they do not say anything about AES.

WTF that sucks just checked it out myself. But yeah, I wonder about the AES version now. :rolleyes:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
From their page.

I wonder who they are licensing to. Maybe this will get an actual release on newer consoles? They were trying to make the jump with Gunlord through a kickstarter type thing. Or, dun dun dun... could it be DavidG?

actionking

n00b
I guess they updated their text

Due to a licensing/platform change this game may be not available any more after the initial print in the MVS format. For now it will be available for pre order until 31th December 2015. AES pre orders are still scheduled. Details will come later this year.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I emailed Timm here's what he said:

>Hi,
>
>no problems here. Just awesome change :)
>
>The AES CE is unaffected as it will sell through anyway this year. Only
>the slow MVS market could be affected.
>
>I updated the shop text slightly. Everyone who is in the market has a
>chance buying it this year. We will show 1-2 more trailers, so there is
>time for decisions.
>
>- Timm

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I emailed Timm here's what he said:

>Hi,
>
>no problems here. Just awesome change :)
>
>The AES CE is unaffected as it will sell through anyway this year. Only
>the slow MVS market could be affected.
>
>I updated the shop text slightly. Everyone who is in the market has a
>chance buying it this year. We will show 1-2 more trailers, so there is
>time for decisions.
>
>- Timm

Interesting. I always assumed that MVS sold more copies, but sounds like that is not the case? As far as platform change, I am guessing they are referring to Dreamcast copies of the game. I take it that this will either get a Steam release or digital on newer consoles. Their games always require an update or two to fix minor bugs, which was the case with XYX and people hating on the Dreamcast version.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Maybe MVS only sold more copies over a pretty long period of time and the home versions always sell out with lightning speed but are less.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
for the life of me, I can't understand why they would choose to make a game that so blatantly rips metal slug off - look at the screenshots - and the art work even emulating Metal Slug's.
my final comment on the matter I swear. I just wish they had put so much of this hard work to better use. how difficult could that have been? it's dumb

xsq

still don't like it... and just screenshots ain't much to go on...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
He's standing above the ground line on the top of the grass against the building, unless he's standing on the post. I hope stuff like that gets fixed.

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
He's standing above the ground line on the top of the grass against the building, unless he's standing on the post. I hope stuff like that gets fixed.

It looks like he's standing on top of the post/roadblock in that second image.