Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
A Turrican clone and a few mediocre shooters.

What will you say when Kraut Busters comes out and it's mediocre at best? Would the time you spent waiting for this game be justified?

They can work on it for 10 years and it still won't be as good as any Metal Slug. They should have been able to develop something original given the amount of time they've held everyone's money.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
They can work on it for 10 years and it still won't be as good as any Metal Slug. They should have been able to develop something original given the amount of time they've held everyone's money.

If someone is expecting a team of a few people to create something as good as an SNK Metal Slug then that's on them.

Kraut Buster > MS4.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
It would have to be horrendously bad to be worse than 4. I cancelled my preorder but still think it'll be a good game.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Kraut Buster > MS4.

Dumbass... until you get a full game... you can't judge that...

From the last screen shots LOSJ > Kraut Buster...

It would have to be horrendously bad to be worse than 4. I cancelled my preorder but still think it'll be a good game.

LOSJ >>>>> Kraut Buster...

xROTx

PS. The Ng.dev team are around... making demands about the dumping of their romz and stuff...

They seem to think they're somehow above talking to us... and I'm of the opinion... the forum is losing patience with them...

EDIT: I also have no beef in this thread... i just hate the Darksoft type attitude of "fuck you... we know what we're doing here... No need to talk to you fooks... PLZ give us your money..."

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I've supported many of the startups in the last few years- pinball and vids.

NGDev is great and KB very promising, but they are taking a looooong time...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I've supported many of the startups in the last few years- pinball and vids.

NGDev is great and KB very promising, but they are taking a looooong time...

I want a reply from the NG.dev team... they're very fast to make demands on other people when it concerns the dumping of their romz...

But when it comes to people who've pre-ordered... they seem to take their sweet ass time giving updates...

It takes FIVE minutes to login and say "hello... still alive..."

INFACT... it takes me 30 seconds... but i'm not a self-indulgent homebrew manufacturer...

I repeat... I have NO concerns that Ng.dev will not deliver... i DO have concerns about their attitude to the people who have fronted good money to them...

xROTx

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I hear you.

An example of another arcade game startup who are much more responsive (in my experience) is Griffin Aerotech with SkyCurser. They reply FAST.

pipes

They really should take some time to post here once in a while. A little interaction with the people funding your project would certainly go a long way. I really don't like the way they do things.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot

What will you say when Kraut Busters comes out and it's mediocre at best? Would the time you spent waiting for this game be justified?

I guess it depends on what you are expecting! Gunlord is a Turrican clone, but there's no other similar game on the Neo, and that's what's appealing about it. Nice graphics, great music! So for me, Gunlord is great - despite it being a clone of a game that people can play for free on an Amiga or emulator etc. It's the same with Kraut Busters to a degree, sure it will be classed as a slug clone, but tbh I cannot get enough of Metal Slug and if Kraut Busters comes 50% as good as metal slug I will be more than pleased. Knowing who's doing the music for it, the game could be mediocre and I will still love it just for the music.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
If someone is expecting a team of a few people to create something as good as an SNK Metal Slug then that's on them.

Kraut Buster > MS4.

You lack the ability to make such assessments even if you end up playing kraut buster.

Anyways, kraut buster looks pathetic!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am now of the opinion...

I'd like some sorta input from Ng.dev... so I am sending him a nice PM... I am NOT going to email him...

If he does not reply by the end of the weekend... I will discuss with some folks if the NG.dev accounts are truly needed here...

I do not use Facebook... I do not go on their website....

Do I feel they're gonna scam you?... Probably not...

Do I feel they're not playing ball with the website?... Probably yes...

Do I feel Timm will care if he loses presence on NG.com?... Probably not...

Do I feel I can take the heat from the drama resulting by me killing their accounts?... Probably yes...

xROTx

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

If it is selling at 1000 euros 6 months after release then it will have fulfilled it's main purpose.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
NG Dev games are overpriced garbage.

From my experience I can confirm this short description. And though garbage can be really exciting, it rarely is overpriced, which constitutes the main part of 'exciting'. Anyway, criticism and censure aren't the reason, why they refuse to communicate through these forums. It's rather a tag-team of idleness and... a simple, chicken-livered attitude.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK OK...

Here's what I think i want to do here... I'm taking a break from all this for a while...

Mmhhh... Unsure how long... BUT someone should "suggest" to the NG.dev team to reply sometime... as when I come back, i'm prob gonna make a decision on a few things...

xROTx

pipes

Rot, as a former member of the NG DEV fanboy club, I have to say this is way overdue.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
OK OK...

Here's what I think i want to do here... I'm taking a break from all this for a while...

Mmhhh... Unsure how long... BUT someone should "suggest" to the NG.dev team to reply sometime... as when I come back, i'm prob gonna make a decision on a few things...

xROTx
tenor.gif

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Rot is Judge Dredd? Member #1 a/k/a the Law? Here's some interesting facts...

Spoiler:
He's gonna slam yer but in pokey!

Judge Hershey (Diane Lane from the movie is a hottie...)

I'm still top tier guys so don't worry about Judge Dredd, i've got him on lock down.

why the pic is censored ?
jugde dredd make it ?

Judge Dredd knows... AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE.

judge dredd is a total badass

This issue is outside my jurisdiction.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Noticed an update on the Gunlord and last hope pages - print planned April 2017! So might not be too long for those waiting on reprints of those games!

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Noticed an update on the Gunlord and last hope pages - print planned April 2017! So might not be too long for those waiting on reprints of those games!

For the life of me I cannot find those updates. When I go through Google to MG DEV team I can't see any new jnfo there, and neither on the specific games' pages. Please point me in the right direction here. :)

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Too soft Rotty pal. Give them time limit to respond and if they don't RELEASE TEH ROMZZZ.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
For the life of me I cannot find those updates. When I go through Google to MG DEV team I can't see any new jnfo there, and neither on the specific games' pages. Please point me in the right direction here. :)

If you go to their store and click on Gunlord or LHPB you will see "Print is planed for April 2017" in yellow text.

Also, Kraut Buster MVS has "ca. 10 units left."

fustylad

n00b
Happy I passed on preordering this, I don't know what the holdup is but it seems like the development team are having some issues. Maybe we can give them the benefit of the doubt based on their past history of releases - I'd still like to buy this when it has a confirmed release date! And maybe a Gunlord cartridge..