Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I'm hanging onto my AES preorder just out of sheer absurdity at this point. it will come when it comes, I'm old already anyway

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yep, it's crazy, but it's worked out fine every time. Can't fault them for not delivering.
No it hasn't, your definition of "worked out fine" is absolutely insane. You've allowed these companies to make you believe that buying their (mediocre at best) products is a privilege without batting and eye. The entire business model is laughable. It's akin to having to eat a 50 pound bag of shit just to eventually get a piece of cake and doing it with a smile on your face the entire time.

The fact is the company has essentially cucked it's customers and they eagerly line up to let them do it again and again.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
No it hasn't, your definition of "worked out fine" is absolutely insane. You've allowed these companies to make you believe that buying their (mediocre at best) products is a privilege without batting and eye. The entire business model is laughable. It's akin to having to eat a 50 pound bag of shit just to eventually get a piece of cake and doing it with a smile on your face the entire time.

The fact is the company has essentially cucked it's customers and they eagerly line up to let them do it again and again.
I'm one of the lucky ones. Talk to the folks waiting 6+ years on an AES version. Getting in on the first MVS run is the shortest wait unless you get really lucky.

I'm not saying there's anything sane about their business model. I am not recommending the purchase to anyone. I'm part of a very small demographic of diehard Neo fans that already has everything on MVS and is willing to gamble $400 every few years for a mediocre unofficial new release.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
It’s crazy to think but I’d say a fair bit, possibly even the majority of their releases don’t even get played and are just bought up as investments. There’s some guy in the Neo selling section asking like $6k for a stack of their kits.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
It’s crazy to think but I’d say a fair bit, possibly even the majority of their releases don’t even get played and are just bought up as investments. There’s some guy in the Neo selling section asking like $6k for a stack of their kits.
NGDev are an extreme example, but this is the problem with most limited releases. People want to charge insane amounts for mediocre $30 games just because they preordered something hardly anyone wanted at the time. NGDev's games should be $300 used, but it's not like we get any say.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
NGDev are an extreme example, but this is the problem with most limited releases. People want to charge insane amounts for mediocre $30 games just because they preordered something hardly anyone wanted at the time. NGDev's games should be $300 used, but it's not like we get any say.
We do have a say, just don't buy the shit. The prices wouldn't stay high if there's no-one to buy at those price points. If the community as a whole would just wise up it wouldn't happen but almost everyone is impatient, greedy and stupid. This feeling of helplessness is completely self imposed.

Instead we have people losing sleep over having a gap in the collection on their shelf or anticipating the next release like it's the second coming of christ that are willing to do just about anything to fix it. As if some Z tier game is magically going to make their life feel complete. It's pathetic.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Anyone seen that they are working on sth new as well. Some kind of Bullet Hell Shmup as it seems.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
We do have a say, just don't buy the shit. The prices wouldn't stay high if there's no-one to buy at those price points. If the community as a whole would just wise up it wouldn't happen but almost everyone is impatient, greedy and stupid. This feeling of helplessness is completely self imposed.

Instead we have people losing sleep over having a gap in the collection on their shelf or anticipating the next release like it's the second coming of christ that are willing to do just about anything to fix it. As if some Z tier game is magically going to make their life feel complete. It's pathetic.
don't buy something no one needs or really wants? surely, you jest.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
”Late 2023” now, for the Fast Striker AES 2nd print. In other words, don’t expect it this year.

25626E45-D36E-4BD7-85BA-9F5B5F38ABF9.jpeg

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Gotta take advantage of those interest free loans where you can while rates are being jacked up!

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Are still not all Kraut Busters shipped by now??? I think I got mine over a year ago... Holy shit...

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Are the KB carts fitted with some kind of hardware enhancements à la Paprium, or some funky chips? I'm wondering because it's been a while neither they nor Terraonion got any stock back... Could it be a component that has become rare/out of price?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Are the KB carts fitted with some kind of hardware enhancements à la Paprium, or some funky chips? I'm wondering because it's been a while neither they nor Terraonion got any stock back... Could it be a component that has become rare/out of price?
There's a good chance. NGDev carts are very non-standard at this point.

I recall a delay in the past for an AES release due to waiting on AES cases from a supplier. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what it is. The AES versions always seem to be delayed compared to MVS.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I just checked, and I ordered the Fast Striker AES game in March of 2018. So this March, that will make 5 year wait…so far. I was fortunate to receive Kraut Buster, so thankfully, Fast Striker is the only thing I have on order with them.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
My favorite is the one day a week customer service. But again, as said above, given the buyers, they're already used to getting fucked so shitty customer service is on brand.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
I guess i will never receive my preordered Kraut Buster. The last mail i got from them they said the remaining will ship 2022 now they say 23 and later this year they will say 24.
7th march it will be 5 years. Thouse lasy assholes.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Anyone see any updates on this anywhere? I noticed they haven’t changed the estimated ship date to 2024 yet so that’s good I guess…

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
For me the only reliable way to buy NGDev games has been to pre-order the initial MVS release. It's a long wait, but it always happens. The subsequent releases always seem to suffer long delays.

It's a moot point now, since they seem to have stopped making Neo Geo games.