Leave your closing thoughts for the decade here

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
We're almost in the 2020's. Looking back at the last decade.

- Smart phones everywhere
- Cosmetic surgery for the masses
- Everything all of the time - hard to switch off from the 24 hour news cycle
- Death of manufacturing in the western world, nearly everything now imported.
- Trump
- stagnation/deflation
- Uber
- Social media overload
- Subscription overload
- Slow death of physical media
- GOT
- Electric cars gaining traction
- Climate change, real or not

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The 90's and 80's movies made me believe total dystopia would be here by now.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Failed states and social crisis the world over, uprisings and street protests
Russia and China on steroids
Drones are evermore integrated into our lives
Wikileaks Panama Papers and assorted whistle blowers
Rise and fall of South American 'Tigers'
Streaming
3D printing
Hip Hop blows up
Fake news is as relevant as real news.
Disney
The age of #metoo and individual rights, gender related development

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Decade doesn't end until December 31st, 2020.

That's my thoughts.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My life changed from being all about me, to being all about my kids in this decade. I'm always freaking tired now, lol

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Can someone who is American explain the Tranny mania, where does it come from?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The age of information, finally for everyone. A decade where internet and video games replaced radio and film as symbols for everywhere and mass entertainment. Hmm, it's a decade where hopelessly nostalgic humankind realized, that the technological progress could advance much faster, but not with 100% pure, old-fashioned, homegrown humans on board, since the board became incorporeal. We digitalized the soul of machines via emulation, but we're unable to digitalize our own and are still bound to organic decay. Can I have my ROM image before I die? Where's my electric FPGA grave? It feels, like it was always a lie, but at least I still can feel it was. Anyway, slow movement is in fashion, so I'm having a conversation powered by vBulletin™... ;).

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Everyone mad about everything, post 2010 really ushered in the era of outrage. Everyone is some kind of 'ist now...

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Everyone mad about everything, post 2010 really ushered in the era of outrage. Everyone is some kind of 'ist now...

I'd be ok with it if not for the fact you can have sadbrained people forming a lynch mob online to ruin your life if you did something that goes against their shitty malformed ideology's conflicting morals.

Can't wait until the corporate world figures out that they don't have to bow down to every unemployed person living with government money on twitter.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This decade has been pretty shitty overall. I'm not so hopeful for the next either.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Pedogeddon. Jimmy Saville, Epstein, UK celebs, government and the royals. Decades of abuse uncovered. Oh and Mickey Jackson

FPGA is the tits

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'd be ok with it if not for the fact you can have sadbrained people forming a lynch mob online to ruin your life if you did something that goes against their shitty malformed ideology's conflicting morals.

Can't wait until the corporate world figures out that they don't have to bow down to every unemployed person living with government money on twitter.

This is where things turned ugly.

I'm an internet cunt...I'll admit it. I come on a site like this and bitch about this or that...but in all honesty, I really don't do in my actual life.

It got nasty when people started combining the two and personally attacking you in your real life for some silly shit you said online. When people can dig and find some errant comment you made 14 years ago then use it to cost you your job...it's gone WAY too far.

*EDIT*

-Making spoken words a crime (or attempting to)...that's another seriously dangerous turn we've taken this decade.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
2012 never happened. We are still centuries from the Age of Aquarius. Hints of disclosure. Seinfeld still holds up.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
How is climate change not real? Global Warming has been scientifically proven.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
But is it man made?

Atmospheric CO2 is warming the Earth, this has increased dramatically since the industrial revolution. Yes, humans are the majority portion of contributing factor to Global Warming / Climate Change.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Atmospheric CO2 is warming the Earth, this has increased dramatically since the industrial revolution. Yes, humans are the majority portion of contributing factor to Global Warming / Climate Change.

But I just don’t feel like that’s true.