Lemmy Kilmister is dead!

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Shocked to say the least, first we lose phil taylor and now lemmy, motorhead were a big part of my early teens. first time i heard ace of spades it blew my mind and i've loved my music hard and fast ever since, these guy's were the real deal back in the day, all business and no pantomime bullshit.

probably my favourite song of theirs the drum beat still get's the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I only know him because his name is Lemmy. I can't name a single song he did.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So he plasters his wall with Nazi paraphernelia to remind people that Nazis were bad?

I don't think I buy that.

Are you stupid or something? He further clarified that he thought their uniforms looked cool.

You make a lot of dumb comments on this site. It can no longer be considered a coincidence or a misunderstanding; you're a dumb guy.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It's like I said to my buddy last night...its hard to mourn him...you have to celebrate him.

Guy lived fast and hard...left a musical legacy and influenced so many more musicians over the years. Even if you're not a Motorhead fan, I can guarantee you have listened to a different musician that was influenced by Lemmy.

I'd say RIP...but that wasn't his way...

cat

Gotta agree with some of the other guy's who've commented, if you don't like lemmy or motorhead that's cool, hell my wife absolutely hate's them, but why oh why come onto a thread where the rest of us worship the guy and slate him, make's no sense at all to me ????.
I've seen them three times by the way, first time was in bristol (colston hall if i remember right) and i lost hearing for 3-4 day's after, the actual place was vibrating i kid you not, you could feel it in your feet coming up through the floor.
Front of the stage got turned into a mega mosh pit, it was crazy but in a good way, i was sat at the back in the seats but not for long lol, got to the front and it was electric, the hair's on the back of my neck were standing on end, what a night.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So he plasters his wall with Nazi paraphernelia to remind people that Nazis were bad?

I don't think I buy that.

He was just a guy that liked collecting shit from the Third Reich. I've never seen or heard anything that suggested otherwise.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm drawing up my will right now.

"Killed by Death" is slated as the outro music at my funeral.

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
"I was editor of the school magazine"

RIP

now he can join Pete and Cliff...

cat

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Very sad news indeed :(

Lemmy was fascinating to me. Always entertaining to listen to him talk, and he consistently put out rousing and inspiring music. We will truly never see the likes of him again. Also, the fact that he was only diagnosed with cancer 2 days before his death is metal as fuck.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
He was just a guy that liked collecting shit from the Third Reich. I've never seen or heard anything that suggested otherwise.

Collecting Nazi paraphernalia is more common than you think. One of my best friends collects Nazi stuff, for the exact reason Lemmy gave, that if we don't acknowledge that it happened and learn from it, we're doomed to repeat it. One of the most tolerant guys I know. It's not my bag, but I can understand why people would want to do it.