Let the Games Begin!

Elder

NEST Puppet
Hi everyone!!! It's great to finally have the opportunity to say that. I've actually been lurking around these parts for years now, and I'm fairly positive I used to post on here way back when. I remember the old flash intros from Dr. Neo Geo, and I don't recall if it was here or on his personal site where he had the flash intro where you saw the SNES and a power meter only going to like 20% or so, then it showed the Genesis going to about 35% or whatever, and finally the Neo Geo AES going to 100%. I really miss that! Wonder if he is still around these parts, and whether or not he has that awesome intro saved somewhere. I'd love to see it again after all these years.

I got into the Neo Geo scene back in 1991 or so, mainly in the arcades as the home system was a little out of my league. Fast forward a year and a rather wealthy friend of mine picked up the AES and a couple of games. From there we pretty much lived in his basement for the next half decade or so. Together we purchased quite a few games and had a real blast. Eventually he moved away, but told me to keep the games, which was super cool. I couldn't find an AES though so I put the games in storage and that was the end of that, or so I thought.

In 2004 I opened ProjectCOE.com as a place where gamers could get together to review any game they wanted. I was more or less fed up with the mainstream press ignoring tons of what I considered to be classics. Hard to believe the site is already nine years old. It's gone through many different revisions over the years, and is pretty much a blog now, but me and my friends still review everything and anything we can get our hands on. The site grew from being nothing more than a lowly fansite of sorts to a place where we now have established working relationships with every major third party publisher in the world. I also have a YouTube channel where I post my video reviews, features, and all kinds of other odds and ends. It has been one hell of a wild ride, and I'm loving every minute of it. Being able to go to E3 for years has been a true honor.

A week or so ago I got in contact with Chris from Analogue Interactive, looking to review a CMVS. Originally I was in talks with a PR firm to review the Neo Geo X, but I had heard some really awful things about it and decided to skip it and go for something far more special. After a few back and forth emails, I'm now officially back in the Neo Geo scene. It has been quite a few years, and even though I played through virtually all the big hits at my local arcade, it's going to be great being able to sit at home and enjoy these classics all over again. Now the hunt for MVS carts begins!

So that's pretty much my story, thanks for reading, and I'm really glad to be apart of the community.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yea that's great and all, but before you get to use the marketplace I'm going to need a Pulstar MVS cart from you. No exceptions.

Eleanor

Banned
I'm so lucky to find the forum offering me so many excellent articles which are helpful to me.Maybe you're an expert.

Elder

NEST Puppet
I'm so lucky to find the forum offering me so many excellent articles which are helpful to me.Maybe you're an expert.

Welcome to the boards! These guys are pretty damn awesome. If you stopped by my site or YouTube channel, thanks!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Welcome to the boards! These guys are pretty damn awesome. If you stopped by my site or YouTube channel, thanks!

You are talking to a spam bot fool.

Elder

NEST Puppet
Welcome! Nice Neo XYX video review, too!

Thanks. Been here for a little while now. If you enjoyed that review, be sure to check the Playlist on YouTube or on the site for more Neo Geo goodness. I'll actually be starting arcade video reviews once my SuperGun arrives.