Let's make fun of Southerners yall

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's OK. It's white people. You can apparently still mock stupid, slow talk, country folk.

There are two animated shows this year focusing on southern hi-jinks. King of the Hill was endearing, but these shows focus primarily on the stupid.

Really, I'm surprised we can have any comedy in 2019. Where's my Slate article? Vox? anyone?

I'm sure these shows are fine, I'm just waiting for the backlash in 10 years. RIP Apu.

MV5BNzA4ODUwNDA0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjc1NjM1NTM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

3fc1237b-ce84-4b4c-ab4d-efc8e79dc20d.jpg

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Make fun of southerner's what?

Perhaps you meant make fun of southerners?

Damn city folk with their punctuation.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The mocking is not going well so far.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Fuck rednecks and fuck normalizing their shitty way of life.

Moving from southern California to Kentucky six years ago was one of the best decisions Ive ever made. I would explain it to you all in detail but I would much rather leave your stereotypes and any preconceived notions intact.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
b-b-but muh heritage

There are some great southerners, no doubt. But rednecks are a different breed of the same beast. In the past ten years, anti-intellectualism has ramped up times 100. Thanks to misinformation spread via facebook and Fox News, weak-minded people have basically given up and want a full on theocracy in America. Some states have even banned abortion. Shit is out of control in America, full stop, thanks to pandering to this group.

Fuck rednecks and fuck normalizing their shitty fucking lifestyle.

The president of the United States of America is some shitbag who started the birther movement without any evidence at all. Wonder who voted for him. Fuck rednecks, seriously. Tired of people doing this, "Let's hear em out, two sides" bullshit. Dumb motherfuckers don't need a platform.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Well the first thing you know old Jed's a millionaire...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
b-b-but muh heritage

There are some great southerners, no doubt. But rednecks are a different breed of the same beast. In the past ten years, anti-intellectualism has ramped up times 100. Thanks to misinformation spread via facebook and Fox News, weak-minded people have basically given up and want a full on theocracy in America. Some states have even banned abortion. Shit is out of control in America, full stop, thanks to pandering to this group.

Fuck rednecks and fuck normalizing their shitty fucking lifestyle.

The president of the United States of America is some shitbag who started the birther movement without any evidence at all. Wonder who voted for him. Fuck rednecks, seriously. Tired of people doing this, "Let's hear em out, two sides" bullshit. Dumb motherfuckers don't need a platform.

5 Yuan have been deposited into your bank account
Your social score has increased by ten points

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Angsty LoneSage makes way better posts than Fagety LoneSage.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
You spelled my name right and you did it in angsty post - you rock!

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
PC culture killed The PJs, yet Frasier was allowed to go on and on and on.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I don't think backlash is coming. I mean...Minnie Pearl was freaking 80 years ago. And Beverly Hillbillies already mentioned. Maybe there is a difference between insider and outsider comedy? I don't know anything about the creative teams behind these two shows.

I saw about 5 minute of Bless the Harts while trying to figure out when Bob's Burgers started. It was bleak, but I don't think hayseeds/hillbillies/rednecks/bumpkins/hicks/back forty goodle boys and girls getting outraged will take it off the air. It'll be off within 2 seasons because it's bad.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's all cool as long as the subjects aren't made to look like assholes. Like the Beverly Hillbillies were never jerks to the hoity toity high fallutin established folk. It was usually the other way around on the show.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I pulled up a clip of Big City Greens and it's just a re-skin of whatever Nickelodeon and/or Disney cartoon it was before it was this. It's competent and probably tolerable for parents and about a high energy family of weirdos who love each other. It's that show. That show is still on, but right now it's about farmers in the city. Next year it's going to be about a family of basketball players and it's going to be called "The Hoopersons."

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Never knew real Southerners, just actors playing them in films based on Tennessee Williams plays, who weren't Southerners at all, later, some Simpsons jokes about them folks, conceived by Jewish talents. Ha, ha, I pronounced ATLiens as @lyiens and I do like Gone With The Wind. I also like what Lynch thought up in Twin Peaks on that topic.

Anyway, Southerners of Europe are East Europeans, Southerners of Germany are Bavarians, Southerners of North Rhine-Westphalia are us, Kölsche ;).

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Never knew real Southerners, just actors playing them in films based on Tennessee Williams plays, who weren't Southerners at all, later, some Simpsons jokes about them folks, conceived by Jewish talents. Ha, ha, I pronounced ATLiens as @lyiens and I do like Gone With The Wind. I also like what Lynch thought up in Twin Peaks on that topic.

Anyway, Southerners of Europe are East Europeans, Southerners of Germany are Bavarians, Southerners of North Rhine-Westphalia are us, Kölsche ;).

I heard the Germans are really into American country music.

I only saw one American pickup truck though while we were driving around, a Ram 1500.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I heard the Germans are really into American country music.

Can't speak for whole Germany, but I like it, though I can't imagine anyone here who wouldn't like John Denver... or the Banjo duel in Deliverance. Or how Ned Beatty squealed. That's my dear ambiguous country.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
When you can’t help but judge people when they mispronounce Missouri.