Let's talk about the PSP.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I was under the impression that Raiden was a lot less popular than Snake in Japan too, though.

Solidus also had the same voice actor as Snake in the Japanese version, too. Which made the whole eavesdropping segment far stranger.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I've been downloading so many games from the PSN store that I'm surprised I didn't just get a PSPgo. I'm also surprised how the games still load when they're basically just images on the memory stick. I got the KOF Orochi collection, and it loads like a bitch in between fights on KOF 98. KOF 95 has minimal loading, and is my favorite, so I can't really complain, but it would be nice if the games didn't still need to load with being on the memory stick.

Also, Final Fantasy Dissidia is a blast. How did I not hear about this game when it was released?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Also, Final Fantasy Dissidia is a blast. How did I not hear about this game when it was released?

It's a very divisive game... a lot less straightforward than what some folks were expecting/hoping for. So while the game is pretty good on its own merits, opinions were mixed.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
(typing with the psp here) just bought invisimals with go!cam, pretty good and updated to 6.30 and there are two folders one being Pcengine and Neogeo so there gonna come to the psn store wooo

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I can't listen to his 'Snake'.

That's because you're a crazy person.

Chill out. It was meant to be a joke. :eye::eye:

Ha, I knew it.

Solidus also had the same voice actor as Snake in the Japanese version, too. Which made the whole eavesdropping segment far stranger.

I did not know that. Interesting.

It's a very divisive game... a lot less straightforward than what some folks were expecting/hoping for. So while the game is pretty good on its own merits, opinions were mixed.

Yeah. I hated it at first, but it really grew on me in the end. It's a ridiculous time sink, though. It takes forever to level your guys. The story is worthless, too. But it's a solid game at its core.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Is Acid 2 really that hard to find? My Gamestop has it for 6 bucks.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
You're out of your mind. Hayter is doing his version of a Kurt Russel Snake, which is exactly what the character should sound like. Now, okay, Kurt Russel sounds a little ridiculous in Escape From New York doing his would-be Eastwood impersonation, but done is done. It's too late to go back in time and have Russel impersonate Jim Henson or Frank Oz instead. Sorry.

I see your point about Snake Plisken, but Hayter sounds way too forced and is far more of a macho muppet than Otsuka Akio's performance. Otsuka actually sounds like that in real life. Hayter doesn't.

Also, I'll take Russell as Snake over Hayter's impersonation any day.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Anyone who travels 65 miles to go to a Gamestop needs to have their head checked.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
In an interview, Kojima said that the origin of the character was based on focus groups comprised of 14 year old girls (seriously) who were the types of people he wanted to get to try MGS2. They thought Snake was old and unappealing, so he came up with Raiden.

I'm 98% sure that was a joke. The subtitles, I mean.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Someone sell me Metal Gear Acid, Acid 2, and Portable Ops.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I forgot how awesome Street Fighter Alpha 3 is on the psp. Holy hot hell is there a lot of shit crammed into this tiny game (200mb). I also love Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles.

HeartlessNinny

I see your point about Snake Plisken, but Hayter sounds way too forced and is far more of a macho muppet than Otsuka Akio's performance. Otsuka actually sounds like that in real life. Hayter doesn't.

Also, I'll take Russell as Snake over Hayter's impersonation any day.

Sorry man. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's official. You're a crazy person. :)

Someone sell me Metal Gear Acid, Acid 2, and Portable Ops.

I empathize with your plight here, but I'm awfully attached to mine. :emb: Don't worry. You'll find 'em eventually.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I empathize with your plight here, but I'm awfully attached to mine. :emb: Don't worry. You'll find 'em eventually.

I did. I just worked out a deal with another member on the site for Portable Ops, Portable Ops +, Acid, and Acid 2.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Anyone who travels 65 miles to go to a Gamestop needs to have their head checked.

GS is 18 miles from my house, so 36 miles round trip. But it's straight driving - almost no lights. And a cute chic works there.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I did. I just worked out a deal with another member on the site for Portable Ops, Portable Ops +, Acid, and Acid 2.

Even though you got both Acid and Acid 2 at the same time, I'd still probably play Acid 2 first. It's easier to learn the system on, imo. Anyhow, enjoy them. They're all fun games.

HeartlessNinny

Yeah, that's good advice. Acid 2 is definitely the better game, and the stories aren't related (are they? I forget).

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
No, not related. They don't even feature the same lead character. The Snake of Acid 2 is not the same Snake of Acid 1. And neither of them are the Snake from MGS.