LF: Naomi Stuff (driving games/netdimm etc)

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
My best friend just got his first cab, a Naomi stand up driving cab, and hes interested in swapping the boof ass Jumbo Safari game in there to something cool like Crazy Taxi or Outrun or possibly converting it to a cool shmup or fighter. His birthday is coming up so Id like to help him out with it.

Basically Id just like to know if anyone has any cool Naomi stuff they were already looking to part with, maybe a netdimm setup, or especially any driving or shmup game carts.

Just lmk!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
My best friend just got his first cab, a Naomi stand up driving cab, and hes interested in swapping the boof ass Jumbo Safari game in there to something cool like Crazy Taxi or Outrun or possibly converting it to a cool shmup or fighter. His birthday is coming up so Id like to help him out with it.

Basically Id just like to know if anyone has any cool Naomi stuff they were already looking to part with, maybe a netdimm setup, or especially any driving or shmup game carts.

Just lmk!
I know you didn’t just shit talk Jambo Safari! What other game let’s you catch tigers in a safari jeep

nobody sell this man NAOMI stuff. Let it exist as Jambo lol

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Jambo rocks. I had a dedicated stand up Jambo Naomi cab at one point. It’s underrated and underplayed, IMO.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I know you didn’t just shit talk Jambo Safari! What other game let’s you catch tigers in a safari jeep

nobody sell this man NAOMI stuff. Let it exist as Jambo lol
hahaha I admit, I have never played it. I would give it a shot, hell, every few years I try a fucking Golden Tee here and there that I find in the wild hoping I will finally somewhat enjoy it, but I cant. I just hate that game, and thats from someone who likes golfing (I really wanna try the Neo golf games).

its my homie that's adamant on changing it, and its his first cab, so I can understand the desire to immediately mod something new.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
hahaha I admit, I have never played it. I would give it a shot, hell, every few years I try a fucking Golden Tee here and there that I find in the wild hoping I will finally somewhat enjoy it, but I cant. I just hate that game, and thats from someone who likes golfing (I really wanna try the Neo golf games).

its my homie that's adamant on changing it, and its his first cab, so I can understand the desire to immediately mod something new.
homies don't let homies sac Jambo's :ROFLMAO:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The only game that’s going to work with out issue is Crazy Taxi. You will shift with the lasso controls. 18 Wheeler will boot and run, but the steering turn radius is fucked because it’s expecting the big wheel. Great way to wear out the steering wheel too. I could never get the other Naomi racers to run on my upright. Always an IO error.

Also, Outrun will work, but you will need a Chihiro setup. You’ll also need to rewire the panel a bit and add buttons for the extra controls.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
The only game that’s going to work with out issue is Crazy Taxi. You will shift with the lasso controls. 18 Wheeler will boot and run, but the steering turn radius is fucked because it’s expecting the big wheel. Great way to wear out the steering wheel too. I could never get the other Naomi racers to run on my upright. Always an IO error.

Also, Outrun will work, but you will need a Chihiro setup. You’ll also need to rewire the panel a bit and add buttons for the extra controls.
Thats some excellent info! Thank you for that. He was interested already in Crazy Taxi so Ill relay this to him. Getting a chihiro isnt outside the realm of possibility, for some reason I was thinking OutRun was naomi since Id seen it in the stand up "xxxcity" cabs.

Is the big wheel needed for 18 wheeler a whole assembly such as with gears/sprockets with a different amount of teeth that what Jambo has? Or is it literally just a larger steering wheel?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thats some excellent info! Thank you for that. He was interested already in Crazy Taxi so Ill relay this to him. Getting a chihiro isnt outside the realm of possibility, for some reason I was thinking OutRun was naomi since Id seen it in the stand up "xxxcity" cabs.

Is the big wheel needed for 18 wheeler a whole assembly such as with gears/sprockets with a different amount of teeth that what Jambo has? Or is it literally just a larger steering wheel?
It’s a larger steering wheel on and entirely different steering mechanism. Where the Jambo/Crazy Taxi have a turn radius of say 180 degrees left/right before you hit the end, the 18 wheeler will turn almost 720 in either direction. It’s impossible to make the turns and you for sure will grind at the force feedback in the CT wheel trying to turn in 18 wheeler. I owned both stand ups and ended up combining the parts from both to make an Outrun 2SP and the bones became a Naomi Universal.

All this being said, I have to echo the rest here and say leave it Jambo. The two best Naomi racers will play fine on it as will the Chihiro. You can add a few stealth buttons (Change view and one other hardly used button) and a switch for the shifter for Outrun and you’ll be good to go.