Limited: Taito Type X2 multigame kits on HDD

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We recently made a deal to trade some arcade stuffs and part of that deal had us receive a small batch of these for a good price so I'm passing the savings on to you guys here. It is the same multigame kit available elsewhere on the web on SSD but I am offering it up in HDD form for much cheaper.

I only have 7 available and will most likely never have them again since we don't know the protection used and we can't produce them ourselves without that knowledge.

I kept one for myself just to play all of the Street Fighter 4 games. :)

Price is now just $190 shipped in the USA. I bought a second batch and had to raise it a bit to compensate.

iyiumo.jpg

2rgccpf.jpg

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Can't you use Ghost or Acronis to take an image of the drive, or are they linked to the serial number of the drive itself?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I have a Taito Type-X one of these and it's definitely worth having. Some really top tier games on the X1 and X2.

Can't you use Ghost or Acronis to take an image of the drive, or are they linked to the serial number of the drive itself?

It's either linked to the hard drive or it's linked to the unit. Not sure which.

I know that on a Type-X hard multi-drive (technically, a 16GB CF card w/reader), the actual loader that shows the Taito splash screen and launches a game/menu is controlled by the file "/WINDOWS/system32/Ttxshell.exe".
If it does pull a serial number or has one embedded in it, that's the file that pulls it.

If there's a menu, then that's probably in the file "windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE".

Last edited:

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nope. The protection prevents it from working unless a certain byte on the drive is present. I know three people that know how to do this protection but they won't share. And why would they? They are the only game in town if you want some of their products. We don't know how to do it. (But it can be done)

I have a Taito Type-X one of these and it's definitely worth having. Some really top tier games on the X1 and X2.

It's either linked to the hard drive or it's linked to the unit. Not sure which.

I know that on a Type-X hard multi-drive (technically, a 16GB CF card w/reader), the actual loader that shows the Taito splash screen and launches a game/menu is controlled by the file "/WINDOWS/system32/Ttxshell.exe".
If it does pull a serial number or has one embedded in it, that's the file that pulls it.

If there's a menu, then that's probably in the file "windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE".

Something like this. It is the same type of protection that prevents non-sega CF kits from working on Chihiro and Triforce.

Hold one for me! I'll pm tomorrow.

I'll hold one until tomorrow but I already have a bunch of PMs so I will not be able to hold it longer.

Ok. A few things to mention here so I don't have to repeat it in multiple PMs. This is the game list taken directly from the original seller's faq:

BattleFantasia
# 1 BlazBlue
# 2 BlazBlueCS
# 3 ChaosBreaker
# 4 Crimzon Clover
# 5 Deathsmiles II
# 6 GigaWingGenerations
# 7 Homura
# 8 Ikaruga
# 9 Jamestown
# 10 KoF-98UM
# 11 KoF-MirA
# 12 KoF-SS
# 13 KoF-XII
# 14 KoF-XIII
# 15 Otomedius
# 16 PowerInstinct5
# 17 Raiden3
# 18 Raiden4
# 19 SamuraiSpiritsSen
# 20 SenkoNoRondeDuo
# 21 ShikigamiNoShiro3
# 22 SpicaAdventure
# 23 StreetFighter4
# 24 StreetFighter4-AE
# 25 StreetFighter4-AE-EXP
# 26 StreetFighter4-AE2012
# 27 Trouble Witches

Also note this:

WORKS ONLY WITH 7900GS GFX (GLADIAC 979, flashed with special bios) CARD WHICH IS THE STANDARD CONFIGURATION OF TYPE-X2

Also, Deathsmiles 2 requires 1GB or Ram. The standard TX2 has 512. You should be able to use these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/512MB-Hynix...64U64CP8-Y5-AB-C-Memory-41X4255-/271611541479

I use two 512mb sticks but one 1GB stick should work (?)

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only one not spoken for yet.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they are all gone. Thanks for the response, guys!

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like a dick but I actually told someone I had some left when I did not. These were pretty popular so if I have the opportunity to get more I definitely will.

Sorry Jag-master. I feel really bad.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look. It's possible I can actually get more of these. It will be a bit more because it wouldn't be part of a package deal. Might go up to around $180-190 but is still much much cheaper than buying them elsewhere.

How many more people would be interested?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I have one of these on a SSD and it's a nice collection of games. Definitely worth the money.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone should have just received a special PM from me if you bought one of these. If you didn't receive it then please let me know. :)

EDIT: Before anyone else asks, make sure you have the newest version of Winrar. ;)

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Tops/Sophia has them listed for 24,840 JPY.

Damn, that's a good deal. I paid a heck of a lot more than that two years ago. Either I got torn a new one or the prices have dropped quite a bit. A little of both I imagine.

bryan

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
There is. I have one.

Not on the multi-game though.

I thought SSF4AE was the version that is two player? I guess not. I seen that there is a I/O board made to let me use this in 15k, has any one tried these? I have been thinking about a SSF4AE setup for a while.