List of Rare Neo Geo hardware/Peripherals/game versions?

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Curious about this too. I wasn't aware there was a tabletop/cocktail MVS. Japanese exclusive I'm assuming?
yeah,

Maybe only US, looks like it was just a kit assume it was meant to redo like a old merit system or other counter top in the 90's The joystick template is odd though makes me wonder what the exact match was for this. Still think the artwork is awful though why go with white especialy for a US system since most all were RED.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
So out of those would consider the kof 97 edition with shirt (was this in a special box or just a shirt given out with game, pic) the others kinda fall outside of special hardware edition. Was not really considering games like u11, kizuna or ntm since these kinda go towards game rarity so was leaving that for the master list listings. Unless it game in some gold box or something :) books, collectable and magazine are not directly linked to the hardware.
saw someone threw up a 4p kizuna board, bonus they did some cool pics. Not worth the $3k to me but maybe someone else would get it.

View attachment 51869
This seller actually took my photo from twitter to put on his auction :/

The HK KOF97 set looks janky. I never knew if it was a legit release or not.
IMG-8340.jpgIMG-8341.jpg

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
yeah,

Maybe only US, looks like it was just a kit assume it was meant to redo like a old merit system or other counter top in the 90's The joystick template is odd though makes me wonder what the exact match was for this. Still think the artwork is awful though why go with white especialy for a US system since most all were RED.
I was under the impression that these kits were to convert the white Nintendo countertop systems. Which is why the control panel is so short.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Wasn’t there some stuff related to the gambling games like a coin hopper? I think I’ve heard of that but never have seen any pictures.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I've spotted this before - but the sealed copy of KoF '97 inside was a Japanese printing, yours is English!

Anyway, KoF '97 Neo-Geo CD retailed for ¥7,800, so clearly you wouldn't sell it for ¥2,000 with a T-shirt.

I think somone just got a pack of KoF '97 t-shirts from Japan and then just stuffed a copy of the game inside.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
I was under the impression that these kits were to convert the white Nintendo countertop systems. Which is why the control panel is so short.
hey long time no talk,

I saw the Nintendo counter top, just the Nintendo seemed smaller and the way the template does not seem like a straight cut but a fallen 'P' shape (for lack of a better description) threw my off.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
How about a Dedicated Sam Sho II cab? I’ve been looking for one for a while now. Anyone have any info as to how many were made?

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
How about a Dedicated Sam Sho II cab? I’ve been looking for one for a while now. Anyone have any info as to how many were made?
Not sure, mine has a 6 digit tag 102xxx, my other big reds have 5 digit tags. No other markings though to show how many. I have been working on restoring mine just finished the controll panel.

20210821_201310.jpg