LoneSage take: Americans don't know what the fuck they're voting for

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm a Virginian. Here's what was on my ballot:

Should the Constitution of Virginia be amended to establish a redistricting commission,
consisting of eight members of the General Assembly and eight citizens of the Commonwealth,
that is responsible for drawing the congressional and state legislative districts that will be
subsequently voted on, but not changed by, the General Assembly and enacted without the
Governor's involvement and to give the responsibility of drawing districts to the Supreme Court
of Virginia if the redistricting commission fails to draw districts or the General Assembly fails to
enact districts by certain deadlines?

I did not understand that question upon reading once.

I did not understand it reading it twice.

I wonder how many more even cared to try to understand it.

I had the luxury of researching more because I voted absentee. But imagine what people in my state thought when they read that. I'm a person who has the confidence and humility to at least accept when I don't understand something and hope for someone else to explain it in simpler terms.

I wonder how many people (men) are willing to accept they don't understand something and are willing for a simpler explanation as well.

How about you guys? I'm curious to see what the ballots are like from across the country.

PS: lame duck Trump is a faggot.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm a Virginian. Here's what was on my ballot:

I did not understand that question upon reading once.

I did not understand it reading it twice.

I wonder how many more even cared to try to understand it.

I had the luxury of researching more because I voted absentee. But imagine what people in my state thought when they read that. I'm a person who has the confidence and humility to at least accept when I don't understand something and hope for someone else to explain it in simpler terms.

I wonder how many people (men) are willing to accept they don't understand something and are willing for a simpler explanation as well.

How about you guys? I'm curious to see what the ballots are like from across the country.

PS: lame duck Trump is a faggot.

As a commonwealth, feeding into electoral college system is pure hypocrisy. One person 1 vote. But if you get rid of districts, how will Richmond be able to siphon off all the tax money generated by NoVa?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
As a commonwealth, feeding into electoral college system is pure hypocrisy. One person 1 vote. But if you get rid of districts, how will Richmond be able to siphon off all the tax money generated by NoVa?
I really wish everyone from nova would gtfo of richmond and we could just get back to being a crime filled cesspool with cheap housing.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Preventative measure for potential gerrymandering & related abuses directly benefitting career politicians?

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Arizona sends out a brochure before the election, with a description of all the initiatives, and arguments for and against. I assumed that was normal.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Arizona sends out a brochure before the election, with a description of all the initiatives, and arguments for and against. I assumed that was normal.

California, too. And rebuttals for each argument, for and against, too. But I'm sure that in most households, they go straight from the mailbox to the trash with all the coupon flyers and whatever.