Looking for a graphic / pixel artist for Neo Geo homebrew project

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
We (= the mighty BLK corp - The Eye of Typhoon Tsunami Ed.) are looking for a graphic / pixel artist for our next game - an original production, this time.
The job would consist in editing / improving or replacing sprites we already have, as well as making intro / cutscene pixel art. We'd also need someone (who may or may not be the same person) to make the artwork.
Having experience and references is a plus, but much less required than a fondness for heavy metal and Cannon Film productions.

PM me or Ozzyouzo if interested :) :beer:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'd be down for this gig. Here is a sample of what you could expect:

8=====D~~~ (.)(.)

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I seldom did sprite work, but, here's an example: Phantasy Star Gaiden Gold Slime redesign, and palette swaps, sprites I made from one of my drawings.
d4tgqb6-3a768ba7-6cd2-43e5-9117-e3926d9c90df.png
I only accept payment for my services in Chinese building blocks.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
@theMot there will be ASCII boobs for you, and a hidden special message for the fine folks of this forum in the trailer of this upcoming corporate communication

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Google Henk Nieborg. He is the artist of battle axe. Met the guy a few times in the past at gatherings, had no idea he was a very good pixel artist. Don't know him but he seemed like a nice guy.
He is also on facebook

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Google Henk Nieborg. He is the artist of battle axe. Met the guy a few times in the past at gatherings, had no idea he was a very good pixel artist. Don't know him but he seemed like a nice guy.
He is also on facebook

Hey Ratson

Thanks for the lead! We're now actually way too far in the development to work with a pixel artist - and we have no budget for a pro anyway. We have nearly completed the assets; all from royalty free material and the labour of our caulks. :vik:

sirlynxalot

Enemy Chaser
Fagit of the Year
Hey Ratson

Thanks for the lead! We're now actually way too far in the development to work with a pixel artist - and we have no budget for a pro anyway. We have nearly completed the assets; all from royalty free material and the labour of our caulks. :vik:
I think nieborg did work for ngdev team, for gunlord, so maybe he's not as pricey as you think.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Oh boy, I just checked his website & portfolio
Amazing stuff indeed!

I think nieborg did work for ngdev team, for gunlord, so maybe he's not as pricey as you think.

You're correct, he did (which made me realise the NGDEV had 4 pixel artists for Gunlord?!).

Heh, no chance we work with him on this one, but I'll still contact him. :)

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Hey Ratson

I just wanted to say, on itch.io there are a lot of pixel assets packs available for cheap

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Just realized he has an account here, he never posted and was last online in 2015.
His name is the same on different forums: goatboy