Looking through my Sega Shwag

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I was home for Thanksgiving and have been wanting to get the rest of my sega stuff (systems, controllers, etc).

In one of the manuals to the Propad 6, I still had the receipt for the damn thing.

IMG_7250.JPG

Just thought I'd share.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
As an owner of many unlicensed accessories for the Genesis, I can safely say they all sucked for how long they lasted.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
As an owner of many unlicensed accessories for the Genesis, I can safely say they all sucked for how long they lasted.

I don't know, through the course of my time with the genny and the 6 button games, I actually bought another one of those pads. They did the job and lasted (still working). Then again, I wasn't critical of controllers like many are here. I would adapt to it and make it work for my needs.

I actually bought it because I couldn't stand the official 6 button controllers. I didn't use the auto-fire or any of those gimmicks but the shape of the original 3button and 6 was not to my comfort.

IMG_7251.JPG

That stick though.....I hated it. I tried it out today though and enjoyed it more than the pads for shooters. That 270 degree comfort rotation action is the shit.

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

Let me clarify, specifically Interact and Mad Catz sucked.

Edit: and yes, I see that Interact controller was licensed.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I had one of those quickshot arcade sticks back in the day...

Didn't it have suction cups the bottom?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Tell your mom thanks and give her a hug for not throwing your gamer shit away

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Tell your mom thanks and give her a hug for not throwing your gamer shit away

My parents did the same to my stuff when I left for Basic training back in 1996. Took anything of mine that they deemed keep worthy and put it in a 24"x24" box. Everything else got thrown away.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
good old 1995... if I could go back I'd punch my younger counterpart.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I had one of those quickshot arcade sticks back in the day...

Didn't it have suction cups the bottom?

You're talking about their console and computer one that was black with the I think red trigger buttons? Yes it did. I've seen a NES one, and I had the PC version I used on Wing Commander 25 years ago.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
The SG ProPad is actually a pretty decent 3rd party six button pad. Plus it has the programmable ability to use macros and stuff.

BTW, I love finding receipts from purchases back in the day. Most of them still hold up since they were actually printed on paper with ink instead of that weird thermal crap they do now.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
The SG ProPad is actually a pretty decent 3rd party six button pad. Plus it has the programmable ability to use macros and stuff.

Yup. More than just pretty decent, imo.

BTW, I love finding receipts from purchases back in the day. Most of them still hold up since they were actually printed on paper with ink instead of that weird thermal crap they do now.

I love finding those as well.

One of mine has a bit of a weird/interesting story to it.

So last year I found an Atari Jaguar system box. Empty box except for some inserts.
The seller mentioned that this was for the original Jaguar system his dad had bought from the States all those years ago. And that also a Jaguar game was bought with it at that time. He said he still had the receipt to that purchase, which he included when I bought the box.

NtNMqDr.jpg

Now he swears this was for the console itself ($149.99) and one game ($59.95).
He didn't recall what that game was.

But look at the date on that receipt. As far as I know, the Jaguar system was only released later that same year. And certainly no Jaguar games were even out that early in '93, right?
But as I say, the dude is adamant that this was indeed the purchase receipt for the console and a game.

Quite strange.

The only related Jaguar info I could find close enough to that time period is the following:

December, 1992 - Atari announced the Jag will be cartridge-based & released Summer 1993 for $150.

So, by some remote chance, were some units released incredibly early to stores?

Now from researching it I know that they had test markets in California earlier in 1993, and there were people who bought theirs in June of that year. But January is bizarre.
The interesting thing is though that from speaking online to a guy that had many years ago worked at a Software ETC, he most definitely assures me that 611 on the receipt indicates the Jaguar code, and games started at 7951. So the game was probably Trevor McFur.

That still doesn't explain that bizarre January '93 date, though.

So yeah, just a story I thought to share wrt an old receipt.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
You weren't missing much. I can't remember when it was (not when they were new) but I did end up getting a turbo touch and man are they awful. That ring just doesn't work right at all as it's just some long lame rocker if I remember right and it doesn't accurately detect well. Only third party stuff I ever trusted was the ASCII products (SNES Advantage and the pad controller version) along with the Capcom fighter pro controller for SNES which had all 6 buttons on the face of that odd shaped thing.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I kind of regret getting rid of my Genny shit and games plus my Nomad, but I have no plans in regetting them.

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
i had one of these growing up and used it ALL the time. i would program in fatalities for MK and MKII and amaze my friends with a smug-as-fuck look on my face.

sv443.jpg

JoeAwesome

i had one of these growing up and used it ALL the time. i would program in fatalities for MK and MKII and amaze my friends with a smug-as-fuck look on my face.

I never understood companies making a Genesis controller with the SNES layout.

JoeAwesome

They could use the same mold for making the Genesis and SNES versions and then just tweak the PCBS and manufacture a bit.

The idea, not the ability, is what I don't understand. For a 6-button game on the Genesis, I want all 6 buttons on front. Not some arrangement of A,B,C,X or A,B,X,Y or anything else. Come to think of it, 3-button games would also be a pain. Both assuming button assigning is not available, but even then, it wouldn't be perfect.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I don't know, through the course of my time with the genny and the 6 button games, I actually bought another one of those pads. They did the job and lasted (still working). Then again, I wasn't critical of controllers like many are here. I would adapt to it and make it work for my needs.

I actually bought it because I couldn't stand the official 6 button controllers. I didn't use the auto-fire or any of those gimmicks but the shape of the original 3button and 6 was not to my comfort.

i never understood why the controller had 2 shoulder buttons. i had it for a while and never could find a use for it.

Seemed like an okay controller for what it was though