Looking to get a 31khz cab

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
What's a good generic 31khz cab for naomi / atomiswave / etc.?

I'm thinking the Atomiswave SD, but I heard the monitors aren't that great.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
They are pretty good for 31K actually, not too bad at all. Its 15K they suffer with.

Could go for something with a tri-sync or 31k only nanao in it though.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
Holy shit Kern, why are you Greg N?

I know you have two AWSD's, so I'll take your word on it.

Do you prefer 1P CP's for shooters or 2P CP's? That's another thing I can't decide on. The more shooters I play, the more I realize there's no point to the second player.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I actually just got this:

DSCF1008.jpg

Yeah its an E3 panel but ehh it'll do the job for a while on the vert cab.

I'm gregn because the mods think it is funny, because this forum is so edgy and cool. :)

And I have 1 AWSD now, I sold one last week and have an egret 2 coming in, I only play 15k stuff so I obviously need decent low res performance.

31k is actually pretty good on the AWSD though man, they were definitely supposed to run it over 15k. Fist of the north star on atomiswave looked stunning on it, really sharp and clear.

If you do get one you'd probably want to get a 100v stepdown with it, as they are very fussy about input voltage due to the cheap and nasty PSU's. not the end of the world though, they are also half JVS cabs which is a bonus I guess.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
I'm looking to sell a few cabs and was thinking of getting an EII and an AWSD as replacements. I'd love to see naomi running on an actual 31khz screen.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know about the stepdown, without it does the screen get all wavey?

Also, your neo drift out cart is at my house. Iammike left it here. It sucks. :p

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
haha :)

The power supply will have a flaky +12V if you don't use it off a 100V stepdown, they are shitty PSU's, really bad. It'll take a few minutes to become stable.

How about a naomi universal cab or something? I dunno, I don't mind the AWSD personally but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who is used to nanao monitors and quality components as its wei-ya PSU, wei-ya monitor chassis.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
Naomi Unis are terribly expensive. I've never seen one under 1k. Of course, then again, I have no idea how much AWSDs are going for over here.

Naomi Unis are really nice though.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah if I had a uni I'd chop it down, don't like them standup.

I don't get it AWSD's can go for $1200 over there, more if they are converted to E3's, but I sold mine for $600 over here. :eye: any more and I wouldn't have had any interest.