Looptris on NGCD by Blastar

traveno

Rugal's Thug
First time I’ve heard of this homebrew tech demo/project. I’ll check it out. I’ve been playing and enjoying Hypernoid lately and this is another cool addition for the NG homebrew list.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Looks cool. I wish I had bought a NeoSD instead of a Darksoft Flashcart so annoying to upload new games to that thing

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
not only its much more pleasing visually than that terrible CG filled tetris game but its also free.

Pretty cool and I'm surprised no other game attempted barrel tetris, doesn't seem that bad of an addition unlike Pajitnov's own Welltris which is awful.

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Looks cool. I wish I had bought a NeoSD instead of a Darksoft Flashcart so annoying to upload new games to that thing
Yeah I have no regrets going with the NeoSD. It sucks that the Darksoft cart doesn’t even acknowledge homebrew. I’m assuming you have to replace an existing game’s data, with the homebrew game’s data, to trick it into working?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
As the owner of two NeoSD Pro's I must call some things out here.

Really? There isn't even an official way to put new games on the NeoSD. You have to use an unofficial tool that doesn't always work. And the ongoing support is nonexistent.

Yeah I have no regrets going with the NeoSD. It sucks that the Darksoft cart doesn’t even acknowledge homebrew. I’m assuming you have to replace an existing game’s data, with the homebrew game’s data, to trick it into working?
Darksoft just added support for:
Xeno Crisis
Black Tiger
Cabal
Hypernoid
Neotris

Last edited:

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
As the owner of two NeoSD Pro's I must call some things out here.

Really? There isn't even an official way to put new games on the NeoSD. You have to use an unofficial tool that doesn't always work. And the ongoing support is nonexistent.

Darksoft just added support for:
Xeno Crisis
Black Tiger
Cabal
Hypernoid
Neotris
But no Jump and run :/

The guy who did cabal has done some more stuff:

Pinball

Kula's Candy
There isn't even an official way to put new games on the NeoSD. You have to use an unofficial tool that doesn't always work. And the ongoing support is nonexistent.
I thought you just added the .neo files into rootdir on the NeoSD?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I thought you just added the .neo files into rootdir on the NeoSD?
Yes, but do you know how to make .neo files? The tool TO includes only works with existing recognized games. With the Neo homebrew scene now blowing up, that's a problem

To be fair, neosdconv usually works for me. Cabal is giving me issues.

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Yes, but do you know how to make .neo files? The tool TO includes only works with existing recognized games. With the Neo homebrew scene now blowing up, that's a problem

To be fair, neosdconv usually works for me. Cabal is giving me issues.
Yes, neosdconv is an excellent tool. Also, thanks for pointing out Darksoft has released updates to support latest homebrew developments. Very cool! I have nothing against Darksoft really. Almost bought one myself but the opportunity for a NSD Pro came about. And thus here we are.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Yes, neosdconv is an excellent tool.
Please try making a .neo for the working Cabal set. Maybe there's something wrong with the files somewhere preventing it from booting on a real system.

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Please try making a .neo for the working Cabal set. Maybe there's something wrong with the files somewhere preventing it from booting on a real system.
I'm out of time tonight but I will take a crack at it tomorrow after work.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You know the more I think about this the more I appreciate the genius in the simplicity of the concept. It's literally Tetris but the edges of the board touch, this is not that easy to figure out at first, but it's simple and it adds a distinctive visual gimmick to it, while not ruining the base gameplay at all.

Job well done.