Loss of +12VDC on pinout F- explains loss of audio?

Pinball

Kula's Candy
After adjusting voltage on Hantarex switched power supply in an Electrocoin NG cab (for NeoSD) I seem to have lost voltage on pin F (+12VDC) which is now zero.

Could this explain why there is no sound from NG games but all else works? What does the +12V supply?

Anything obvious I should check like fuses? Can this be fixed (anyone able to help)? I confess ignorance about this PSU!

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
It helps to know what MVS board you have, but yes I believe 12v powers the audio amp and would explain why you have no sound.

As far as the power supply goes, I have no idea.

Last edited:

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I've tried 3 different NG boards- no sound on any. Rules out fried board. The main board in the Electrocoin is 6-slot.

Tried ArcadeSD PCB in the cab and it worked fine including (weirdly) sound, but at least shows audio amp and speakers and wiring ok.

Here are some photos of the PSU. Sorry for the delay getting these up. The problem started when I twiddled the voltage knob with the NG switched on- d'oh.

IMG_8302.JPGIMG_8303.JPGIMG_8304.JPGIMG_8305.JPGIMG_8301.JPG

Last edited:

Pinball

Kula's Candy
On the PSU see this top middle orange wire. I checked with meter and it's 0 not +12VDC, so this is the issue. Question is are there any fuses or what can be repaired??

IMG_8306.JPG

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
All JAMMA boards (and those with MVS pinouts) use 12v for audio, except some of the older boards which might use - 5v.

As far as I've read, those Hantarex PSUs are not incredibly reliable.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Found the problem! It's this T3, 15A, 250V fuse which had blown. All working fine now. As a bonus, as I'd adjusted the voltages to get exactly +5.0V on pinout C+D (which blew the fuse), the NeoSD seems to be working fine now without rebooting. It was +5.4V before. Phew...

Thanks hugely for your prompt responses, guys.

IMG_8307.JPG

Last edited: