Luigi's Mansion?

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I'm having a bit of a Gamecube revial movement at the moment, and after beating Metroid Prime 2 yesterday I went out and bought back Wind Walker today as I felt like playing through it again.

Anyway, one game that I never got for the cube was Luigi's Mansion, and I think I might try tracking it down second hand.

Anyone recommend it, or is it not worth the time?

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
hanafudaX said:
I'm having a bit of a Gamecube revial movement at the moment, and after beating Metroid Prime 2 yesterday I went out and bought back Wind Walker today as I felt like playing through it again.

Anyway, one game that I never got for the cube was Luigi's Mansion, and I think I might try tracking it down second hand.

Anyone recommend it, or is it not worth the time?

i played it when it was new. its a quick game, but i enjoyed it.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
It's a fun game, but it's very short. Just don't pay more than $15 for it.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I think you should get it.

I definitely need to buy this. I rented it when I bought my GC back in June of 2001 and played through it in 2-3 days. I had a lot of fun with this one. I really enjoyed the style of it and it was something different.

The only downside to this game to me was not the length, but the repetitiveness that occurs with it.

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
I bought it when I first got my GameCube, but I got bored with it really quickly and sold it a short while after. It may have been better than I really gave it a chance to be, though.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I agree with everyone else here. It is a fun but short game. My wife and I beat it in 8 hours with her doing most of the playing, but we had a great time with it.

If you can get it for around $10 bucks I would say jump on it.

wcmiker

n00b
It is a decent game. Nothing to write home about (like Resident Evil 4) but solid nevertheless.

hanafuda

Thanks everyone.

Sounds like it is worth a play.

I think I should be able to get it for the equivalent of 10 USD, but it isn't one of those games that the second hand shops have loads of copies of. Seems slightly rare in Japan.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
it was one of those games that was just lying around at my place.
popped it in one weekend, and i was hooked.

sure it's only a 15-20hr game, but i really enjoyed it. Luigi was fun, the game was easy, the graphics were neat. It's an all around good time. Lil replay value, but i would definitely reccomend it...

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
It is a really fun game. Only annoying thing is Luigi calling out "Mario!!!". But a fun game to play with the kids also.

wcmiker

n00b
When Luigi called out Mario I always smiled. It was very cute, though it did get old after awhile as you mentioned.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Luigi's Mansion's a decent game. Shortly after the US version came out, I picked up the import version at a shop really cheap. (think 10 or 12 dollars) I wasn't crazy over the game, but I liked it. Glad I picked it up.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Thanks everyone.

Sounds like it is worth a play.

I think I should be able to get it for the equivalent of 10 USD, but it isn't one of those games that the second hand shops have loads of copies of. Seems slightly rare in Japan.

That's weird, seeing as how it was a lauch title it should be plentiful everywhere?!

I know that the JPN version regularly goes for less than $10 bucks over here on ebay.

hanafuda

qube said:
That's weird, seeing as how it was a lauch title it should be plentiful everywhere?!

Yeah. It's not like it is super rare or anything, but at the same time it isn't a game that you can guarantee will be there, like Wind Walker for example. In fact, when I picked up Wind Walker the other day there were no Luigi Mansion copies, but a healthy selection of just about everything else, including Metroid Prime (not popular in Japan).

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
Great game! I bought it when the gamecube frist came up but even with the $50 price tag, I still happy with the game :glee: