Madonna Suffers Broken Bones in Accident

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
AP:

Tue Aug 16, 3:54 PM

NEW YORK - Madonna's 47th birthday celebration was marred when she suffered several broken bones in a horse riding accident at her country home outside London, her publicist told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

The superstar was hospitalized with three cracked ribs, a broken collarbone and a broken hand, according to Liz Rosenberg, her spokeswoman based in New York.

Madonna and an assistant were riding horses, when Madonna, on a new horse she wasn't accustomed to riding, took a tumble. Her children, Rocco and Lourdes, were at the home but were not with their mother at the time, Rosenberg said.

...Madonna not accustomed to riding something?
...Inconceivable!

neo>all

Super nO0b
TMOSteel said:
AP:

Tue Aug 16, 3:54 PM

NEW YORK - Madonna's 47th birthday celebration was marred when she suffered several broken bones in a horse riding accident at her country home outside London, her publicist told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

The superstar was hospitalized with three cracked ribs, a broken collarbone and a broken hand, according to Liz Rosenberg, her spokeswoman based in New York.

Madonna and an assistant were riding horses, when Madonna, on a new horse she wasn't accustomed to riding, took a tumble. Her children, Rocco and Lourdes, were at the home but were not with their mother at the time, Rosenberg said.

...Inconceivable!

47!!! bet she's still gotta helluva rack :drool_2:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah she's getting up there, but it still gets my attention when I see her name and "bone" in the same sentence.

neo>all

Super nO0b
Madonna and Brittney locking lips still sends shivers up and down my spine.

johnroche

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
TMOSteel said:
...Inconceivable!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. ;)

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Hmmm Madge makes me think of Rosanna Arquette, she was so hot in Desperately Seeking Suzan.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Meh, Madonna's been gheyer than usual this year, what with all that fake Kabbalah shit.

"Kabbalhists do it better" bah to that! Bah, I say!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
WTF was she REALLY doing with that horse??? :help: :oh_no:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
johnroche said:
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. ;)
You fucking beat me to it, goddamnit.

You should've titled this thread "MADONNA FALLS OFF HORSE" which is what the layover title said on my local news tonight. I laughed out loud at it for about 5 minutes.

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
NeoTheranthrope said:
When I first heard the story from CNN I first thought that she was trying to copy Catherine the Great.

The Myths:
1. Catherine was crushed to death by a horse whilst attempting to have sex with it (usually the collapse of a harness/lifting mechanism is blamed).

The Truth:
Catherine died in bed of illness; there were no equines involved and a Catherine/horse nexus was never attempted.

They make the Catherine/horse nexus sound like a rocket launch, like it was intended to happen but cancelled due to unexpected death.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
Meh, Madonna's been gheyer than usual this year, what with all that fake Kabbalah shit.

"Kabbalhists do it better" bah to that! Bah, I say!

Hahahah The Kabbalah should only be practiced by married Jewish men over the age of 40.

The fake popular bullshit Kabbalah is just that.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
This is why I haven't and never wanted to ride a horse. I'm scared I'd fall off and get seriously injured or die. Madonna is still hot after all this time though. I can barely believe she is 47.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
This is why I haven't and never wanted to ride a horse. I'm scared I'd fall off and get seriously injured or die. Madonna is still hot after all this time though. I can barely believe she is 47.

Nah dude, my Mom fell off a horse several few years back and she was way older than Madonna. She was fine.

Course, in the past few years she has had her knee replaced, bones in her foot re-set, shoulder rebuilt...I think that covers everything.

But I don't think it had anything to do with falling off that horse...

...then of course there's always Christopher Reeve...

-Michael

Welcome to planet earth, lady, where gravity is 9.8m/s^2 everywhere.

What pisses me off more is that the media seems to think that its more important to report this than stuff that really matters.

I mean I hope she feels better, but shit there's more important stuff to report.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
TMOSteel said:
...then of course there's always Christopher Reeve...

-Michael

That's what I mean. That shit was fucked. But he did serve a purpose by raising awareness on the issue.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
That's what I mean. That shit was fucked. But he did serve a purpose by raising awareness on the issue.

With some diseases, we can only pray that somone famous will also get the disease so we can get a cure. Noone cares about people afflicted until someone famous has the affliction. :crying:

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Magnaflux said:
With some diseases, we can only pray that somone famous will also get the disease so we can get a cure. Noone cares about people afflicted until someone famous has the affliction. :crying:

That's what upsets me so much. It takes celebrities to do a lot, and most aren't interested in doing anything. That's why I like the ones that give back to the community since we overpay them for what they do.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I pray that many more celebrities will develop Parkinson's disease. Michael J. Fox was a step in the right direction, lets add to the list!

If lots of famous people had the disease, researchers might be able to cure it before I get it! :buttrock:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Still, even though there's more important stuff to report, I wish Madonna the best. She's always a star, in my book. Heck, any person famous in the 80s with REAL talent, who stayed cool through today; AND didn't die of some drug overdose or something gets more respect from me than the majority of the stars, which were created in the labs of a Record Company. I guess it also helped her that she had a good eye and ear for picking out musicians, which were really talented people.