Major Title 2 VS. Neo Turf Masters

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
Which one is better for you ?

Both are very similar and were realized by Irem staff.
. Major Title 2 is more realistic as you play Golf also when you have to calculate your distance and putting.
. Neo Turf Masters is much more arcade oriented with less effort on that. The SNK style.
I discovered them both pretty much in the same time in 1996/97 and they are very fun.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Neo Turf Masters, IMO. I have played both back to back, and once you go with NTM there's no going back to Major Title 2.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Paging mods: We have an enemy in our camp!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
As of now, I only tried Major Title for the SNES. Playing for money was fun, but on the whole the game lacks the precision and comfort I'm used to, while playing NTM. It's still a very good game, though, especially if played against a friend.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
As far as I can tell, Neo Turf Masters is superior in every way. That isn't to say that Major Title 2 is bad, because it's very good. NTM is just an improved iteration of the Major Title 2 formula.

Major Title 2 is more realistic as you play Golf also when you have to calculate your distance and putting.

I disagree with this. What do you mean? Are you only talking about how the putt meter gives you power estimates in NTM?

I hope this wasn't a troll thread.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The only usefulness of Major Title is allowing you to kind of, sort of, play Neo Turf Masters on the znezzz. Pretty decent port to that console.

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
I disagree with this. What do you mean? Are you only talking about how the putt meter gives you power estimates in NTM ?

Technically speaking, as a Golf player you have to calculate your distance (depending of where you are), take the proper club, pay attention to your environment if you want to reach the green with a minimum of shot.

Major Title 2 reach these points where you have to switch the club more often, slice, give the perfect power gauge, and so on... with what you already have, ready to shot.
I made much more Eagle or Birdie when I set up my own shot.

Neo Turf Masters too but has less effort on that. It’s more instinctive so more arcade oriented.

Both are very good but have, for me, two different approach of Golf.

Note: you forgot the “Game Over” on your sign. :glee:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Technically speaking, as a Golf player you have to calculate your distance (depending of where you are)

I don't see how MTII and NTM are any different in this regard except for the aforementioned point that MTII doesn't give you any benchmark to start from for putting.

take the proper club, pay attention to your environment if you want to reach the green with a minimum of shot.

Again, don't see how the two games differ at all. I assume the physics are very similar. (I don't recall exactly since I sold my skins game PCB a long time ago because I found it inferior) Otherwise, the variables you need to account for when calculating a shot are the *exact* same in both games.

The games even have the same unrealistic drawbacks such as always flat course topology and ball lies.

Can you name a single thing you need to adjust for in MTII which you don't in NTM? I'm genuinely asking because I can't think of one.

Note: you forgot the “Game Over” on your sign. :glee:
I photoshopped it out because I think it looks nicer that way.

For what it's worth, I don't fault you for preferring MTII, but I disagree it offers anything extra or "more realistic" than NTM.

Last edited: