Man Flu... Why do people...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
..Call it Man Flu?

I mean... I don't ever hear women say.. "I have Female Flu"...

I do believe this is sexism that should be tackled on an internet forum full of metro-sexual middle aged men...

xROTx

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Man being the more physical of the sexes, therefore the man flu being a more physical (read as painful) version of the flu?

Man flu aint no joke.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
That's interesting; I've never heard of it referred to as man flu before seeing this thread. Where I live, people just say that they have/had the flu, regardless of gender.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I read “man flu” and think of how women perceive men as being whiny weak little bitches when they get sick. Not just having the flu.

@M

20 Year Member
To be honest, when I first saw the thread title, and before I read titchgamer's link, I was wondering if this was going to be about some kind of male PMS thing.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I read “man flu” and think of how women perceive men as being whiny weak little bitches when they get sick. Not just having the flu.

Yep it's not locked down to the flu specifically. I like to make the most of any sickness and if that means being a whiny weak little bitch well thanks for the hot chocolate hun and the blankey.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
580659-walking-doctor.jpg

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The suffering is REAL... damn you all!

xROTx

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I was wondering wtf is man flu??? We Muricans just say flu you whacky Brits.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
same reason women call them Migraines, and the rest of the population calls them headaches...
sounds more intense....

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Please bring me some gummy bears and apple juice...it's probably going to be my last meal.

A real thing that was said...

Spoiler:
by me...the last time I had The Man Flu

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Never heard the term, but apparently there's also the German Männergrippe. Hmm... and apparently it means to emote a simple cold into a serious flu. Well, that I heard of ;).

fake

15 Year Member
Never heard the term, but apparently there's also the German Männergrippe. Hmm... and apparently it means to emote a simple cold into a serious flu. Well, that I heard of ;).

Mangrip, huh? I have one of those.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Never heard of Man Flu before, but my wife will call me a pussy when I get the flu.

@M

20 Year Member
Influenza is particularly dangerous to the elderly, young children, and people with compromised immune systems, but, it affects both genders the same.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Influenza is particularly dangerous to the elderly, young children, and people with compromised immune systems, but, it affects both genders the same.

I haven't taken a sick day in ten years.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That's because your strong American capitalist white blood cells will never fall to the communist swine diseases.

Either that or all the alcohol in your blood is killing the germs.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Sounds like something you get from having contact with the gay. Otherwise you could only be referring to a hangover from a hellish bender, not literally being ill(To not sound like a poof).

fake

15 Year Member
I haven't taken a sick day in ten years.

I've been sick three times this winter. Twice from plane trips and once from a concert. Sage, bring AZN culture to the US. Get sick people to wear stylish masks when they're sick.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
To be honest, when I first saw the thread title, and before I read titchgamer's link, I was wondering if this was going to be about some kind of male PMS thing.

Man Flu = Roid Rage?