Man kills himself at a Arcade in Gatlinburg TN

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Typically, Local 8 News does not report on suicides, but because hundreds of people were impacted by what happened, it became necessary to report.

Way to go news people.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
God almighty...that had to be messy. That's quite a drop.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If you're going to kill yourself then just fucking do it. Don't make a scene.

Put plastic sheeting down, eat a bullet/whatever, and leave a blank check with instructions for removing and burying your corpse.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

Put plastic sheeting down, eat a bullet/whatever, and leave a blank check with instructions for removing and burying your corpse.

That's what I would do, eat some 00 buck out of my 12ga, outdoors, so I wouldn't have to make someone clean up my shit inside a house. That would be a mess...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Way to bury the lead. There's still an arcade in the world, people!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

That reminds me of a fine quote from Schrader's Yakuza script, when Dusty (Richard Jordan) shares his observations with Kilmer (Mitchum) about cultural "differences" between Japanese and Americans...

American saw cuts on a push stroke, Japanese saw cuts on a pull stroke. When an American cracks up, he opens up the window and shoots up a bunch of strangers. When a Japanese cracks up, he closes the window and kills himself. Everything is in reverse.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

I disagree, might as well go out with a bang.

I think the real news here is that Gatlinburg still has an arcade left that looks halfway competent.
Space Needle?
Sounds cool.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
I think the real news here is that Gatlinburg still has an arcade left that looks halfway competent.
Space Needle?
Sounds cool.

They still have three big arcades left downtown but nothing compared to what it was in the late 70's through late 90's. And for people who have never been there, it's a historic arcade and was a major east cost testing site for SEGA in the early 90's. It use to be as big a city block before the fire in 1992. It was three stories and had a good haunted house, indoor bummer car ring, in door go kart track, a Ripley's Believe It or Not! museum "which was rebuilt" and the space needle.
View attachment 34986

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I remember seeing a man kill himself in an arcade back in the early 80's.

Fortunately he still had 2 lives remaining :tickled:

<hears echoing rimshot...>

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Way to bury the lead. There's still an arcade in the world, people!

Apparently, it's spelled "lede".

It still doesn't make sense to me why the news industry has maintained an archaic spelling.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
They still have three big arcades left downtown but nothing compared to what it was in the late 70's through late 90's. And for people who have never been there, it's a historic arcade and was a major east cost testing site for SEGA in the early 90's. It use to be as big a city block before the fire in 1992. It was three stories and had a good haunted house, indoor bummer car ring, in door go kart track, a Ripley's Believe It or Not! museum "which was rebuilt" and the space needle.
View attachment 34986

I do not remember that one, but I have fond memories of going to the arcades in Pigeon Forge like Lazer Port in the '90s. The modern ones are not that great.

lazer-port.jpg

Sucks to hear about the suicide, tough week for the Smokys between this and the helicopter crash

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
We've driven past that Lazer Port one quite a few times but never have been inside it. Maybe on the next trip down.

I didn't hear about a helicopter crash but I did hear about two people being found dead in a hot tub the other day.

Gatlinburg is neat but Pigeon Forge is way more entertaining. ;)

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I think most of the arcades now don't even have traditional arcade games, just stuff like skee ball and the like. I think one in Gatlinburg has Tekken, but that is about it other than racing games.