Manhunt 2 Banned in UK. 'Adults Only', in the US.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I never really minded the ESRB until people started checkind IDs for younger gamers trying to buy M-Rated stuff.

So dumb.

So dumb.

Marek

Banned
BoriquaSNK said:
I don't understand why what I said is so crazy, there's a narrative to GTA...it's like playing a mob movie.

Manhunt is completely pointless, you just go around killing people, there isn't even a score system...there's no skill involved either.

I agree.

I tend to lump State of Emergency in that bullshit category also

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The Populous... said:
I tend to lump State of Emergency in that bullshit category also

Ha.

I think thats when rockstar realized the appeal of GTA3 wasn't the senseless violence, but rather the gameplay (which is fun).

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
SpamYouToDeath said:
Their issue is Nintendo, not the retailers BTW. Ninty won't allow AO games on their consoles (or, at least they didn't with SNES/N64/GCube).

Ideally, they should release both AO and M versions of the game. Let people order it online if they want the real game, but also throw out some crap so it rakes in retail cash.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/798/798162p1.html

Looks like they're sticking with that policy for the Wii.

I still say its incredible that they managed an AO rating with just violence.

barf

Maxima's Barber
And sony bans the game as well
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/adults-only-manhunt-2-homeless-270768.php

what the fuck is wrong with them... cannot their damn consoles be used by adults ? Specialy sony with their ps3 price.
There is no point in such censoring, i love playing evil but on nintendo machine and sony machines they forbid it now if it means killing gang members in a gruesome way.

There s only one step before they ban The Running Man movie, mob games and two before they ditch mortal kombat.