1. 1up - arcade PCB(US/Europe?) - ALL – 102,470
2. Jeneki - Mame (Japan) - All - 97,580
3. Beelzebub - MAME(Japan) - ALL - 91,320

Last edited:

1up

Galford's Armourer
Well, i'll start...

1up - arcade pcb - ALL - 90350

sorry, to lazy to adjust settings on the cab for this board...
kvTTAkp.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^ Nice

If I remember correctly, the Japan and US versions start you off with a different amount of lives.

I don't know if the extend rate is any different. IMO making a seperate US and Japan table is lame, so perhaps people should indicate what region of the game they're playing.

1up

Galford's Armourer
^ Nice

If I remember correctly, the Japan and US versions start you off with a different amount of lives.

I don't know if the extend rate is any different. IMO making a seperate US and Japan table is lame, so perhaps people should indicate what region of the game they're playing.

tbh i don't know, there's no region message when i start the board, on default i start with 2 lives, extra life at 30000 and another one at 60000.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
On the Title Screen, look at the bottom for the Country.

Technos Japan Corp. Or,

Taito America Corp.

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
DoubleDragon_Jeneki_39450.jpg
Jeneki - Mame (Japan) - 3 - 39,450

Gotta time that jump better. Cause video game physics. You can beat the crap out of an army of thugs, but can't swim in what's probably waist deep water. :lolz:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Damn, Marion got some serious junk in the trunk...on a related note: only MAME DD here? or NES is also valid?

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Awwww... I was hoping it was going to be the Neogeo Double Dragon.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Damn, Marion got some serious junk in the trunk...on a related note: only MAME DD here? or NES is also valid?

Yea, baby got back! :D

Cast J-Lo to play her in the movie? :eek_2:

Last edited:

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Is it just me or did Double Dragon get the "feel" of punching, kicking and stabbing dudes better than anything since? There's a lot of technically superior beat em' up options out there, but damn...DD just feels so satisfying.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Yea, I just love the knee-to-the-face and the upper-cut. :D

Imho, all this game needed (design wise) was a way to "drop weapons" and a set of run/dash moves.

Then it'd be complete.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
DoubleDragon_Jeneki_87240.jpg
Jeneki - Mame (Japan) - 4 - 87,240

Got the river jump timing down. Next item to concentrate on: staying away from bottom edges, they seem to suck you right in if you get anywhere near them. I think the actual feet placement is lower than it appears to be in this game.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Everybody is elbowing right?

I've never played DD for score, just for the clear. Does anyone have any scoring insights?

(Not playing this month)

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Everybody is elbowing right?

I've never played DD for score, just for the clear. Does anyone have any scoring insights?

(Not playing this month)

Yeah, I personally used the elbow of doom.

So far from what I can see though every attack has a different point value if successfully landed. For example the elbow is worth 180, and a headbutt is worth 200. I haven't played it again since my clear though, but I was thinking of booting it up here and checking out which attacks have the best point/damage ratio.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I've been using a bit of elbow, a bit of head butt, and a bit of others when I have the necessary health to not feel in danger. The headbutt looks too silly to ignore. I've never cleared an arcade beatemup and really hoping to get one, so I'm ok with taking the easy route (taunt if you like hehe).

1up

Galford's Armourer
Try using the roundhouse kick(600 points I think), it should get you more than 100k in the end.

1up - arcade PCB(US/Europe?) - ALL – 102470
u6yjORR.jpg

By the way, I have 2 pcb’s, 1 says taito corporation and the other technos japan(this one has faulty sound, no music only sfx), i can confirm that both have the same default settings, you start with 2 lives, extra life at 30000/90000.

My cab with -5v has a chassis problem so i probably won't be playing this anymore during this month since the other cabs i have don't have the -5v.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Finally got it.
DoubleDragon_Jeneki_97580.jpg
Jeneki - Mame (Japan) - All - 97,580

There's a local place with a dedicated Double Dragon cab. I'll have to give it a try there next, although I remember the controls really needing maintenance there.

Last edited: