Marquee Flourescent Lamp

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I have two cabs right now that need replacements. I actually let's make that
four. Yes, four of my cab need replacements. My Astro and my NEO25 need
new lamps, as well as my red 2-slot and Gold 2-slot. Can anyone point me
as to where I can get this type of lamps? I'm going into Yarbirds, or Home depot
tomorrow, so I would like to know. Size, brand, etc.. Thanks.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I don't know how your neo gold cab is set up, but mine uses the electroluminescent panels. Are you sure you don't need these for that cab? There was someone on this board that was selling brand new replacements a while back.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Vectorman0 said:
I don't know how your neo gold cab is set up, but mine uses the electroluminescent panels. Are you sure you don't need these for that cab? There was someone on this board that was selling brand new replacements a while back.

Whoops, yeah, you're right. I think Chris1 did a small presentation on how
to change those, but I could be wrong?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
I have two cabs right now that need replacements. I actually let's make that
four. Yes, four of my cab need replacements. My Astro and my NEO25 need
new lamps, as well as my red 2-slot and Gold 2-slot. Can anyone point me
as to where I can get this type of lamps? I'm going into Yarbirds, or Home depot
tomorrow, so I would like to know. Size, brand, etc.. Thanks.

I use the 18" (45cm I think) soft white bulbs. At least that's what all of my cabs have. Yardbirds was just bought out by home depot, so I am not sure if there will be anything different on either...or if that move has changed anything there anyways. They have them just about anywhere. Yardbirds, walmart, homedepot, or any home/hardware store or big chain store with house stuff, maybe even K-Mart out by Ross in your area. I've even seen them at Raleys in Rohnert park, lol. Make sure you don't get the gardening bulb. Not sure the exact name, but it glows pink. The one I use says "soft white" right on it.

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Whoops, yeah, you're right. I think Chris1 did a small presentation on how
to change those, but I could be wrong?

Daryll has messed with those. Shoot him a PM, as I bet he would be willing to help.

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I'm really sick/trying to get on my feet.virus

Yea I posted some info how to change the bulbs awhile back/thread I can't find...But if you need the info let me know and I'll be more then happy to help you Jorge.

You'd have to get a set of replacement bulbs(2)..de-solder the two wires holding each bulb on the pcb board(2 for each bulb)pull off the old bulbs/stick on the two new -solder the two-4 wires and your set.
If your missing the back Green panels that the lights-replacements bulbs go on let me know as I have a ton of them..