Mass surveillance program exposed by Snowden was illegal: US 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I don’t think anyone believes the major tech companies have our best interest in mind.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/tech/apple-secret-government-ipod/index.html

This is who apple really is, btw.

Keep falling for the marketing pitch on privacy though... that's really all they are.

"You could walk around a city, casually listening to your tunes, while recording evidence of radioactivity—scanning for smuggled or stolen uranium, for instance, or evidence of a dirty bomb development program—with no chance that the press or public would get wind of what was happening," he wrote.

Love it. I wouldn’t have guessed that. But now that they mention it, why not just use it for sonic weaponry too, like Russia has been trying to do?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Snowden is an asshole and a russian asset. He's not to be celebrated.

If you believe the fiction about his noble cause or whatever else is being pushed by various adversaries, I don't know what to tell you other than your beliefs are probably based on fabrication and propaganda.

Regardless of his motives (none of which you actually know for sure) this ruling is a vindication of his actions. You seem to forget that the government works for us not the other way around. The government broke the law and Snowden exposed it. These are the facts, the rest there is irrelevant. He's a hero, period.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You're pushing a Margarita Simonyan talking point, wyo.

How did the US break laws in the wake of the Patriot Act's abrogation of 4th's amendment rights. And how does this reconcile his violation of the Espionage Act? How are Americans better off, in the wake of diminished diplomatic bargaining power, compromised intelligence assets, and ruined intelligence relationships?

Oh right, you mean for Russia it's good.

Got it.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Regardless of his motives (none of which you actually know for sure) this ruling is a vindication of his actions. You seem to forget that the government works for us not the other way around. The government broke the law and Snowden exposed it. These are the facts, the rest there is irrelevant. He's a hero, period.

You know this how?

How about you explain to me exactly what you think happened in his case?