Matt McMuscles covers KOF 12's failure.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Cool video with a lot of insight on how KOF 12 failed, and subsequently how KOF 13 "failed".

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I watched it, all I watch anymore is YouTube. I don’t think he’s that different from when he was on Best Friends but he’s the only voice you hear now so he’s more annoying in that sense. I usually watch his What Happened when they are suggested and it’s something I’d like. Also he seems to be a Fatal Fury fan.

Anyway the way I look at 12 now is as a rough demo for 13. It just feels very incomplete, but it also was a preview or laid the groundwork for one of the better KOFs for sure and the last 2D one most likely.

Last edited:
Im sure my bitterness over the breakup has something to do with it but it seems like these newer videos of his just lack all the fun and heart of the best friends stuff. Im sure I’ll get pissed about no shitstorm of scariness every october for the rest of my life.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
That video's been in my Youtube feed for a couple of weeks.

I watch a lot of Youtube, but have no idea what you guys are talking about. Most of this channel's videos appear to be things I don't care about, but I remember the Fatal Fury retrospective, and it was really good. It hit most of the points I would have.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I watch a lot of youtube and I've never heard of this Matt McMuscles or "Best Friends", whatever the hell that is.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I find him so annoying since the breakup of best friends. They all got more annoying but Matt is the worst.
Really, I find the opposite. Matt has really done some interesting videos that always have good production. The SBF stuff was always just 3 guys nerding out way too hard over nothing and talking over each other. Honestly I always found it pretty embarrassing. Playing Sonic games and singing along to all the songs... gross and Pat was an oblivious asshole and know it all, even when it was something like Silent Hill that he actually did know a lot about he was so obnoxious it was hard to take for more than a few minutes at a time.

The shitstorm stuff was fun but that was mainly because Matt was picking crazy ass horror games I'd never hear of otherwise. Plus since they were games that Pat wasn't familiar with he couldn't expound endlessly like a smug twat about every bit of trivial minutia.

Anyways. Matt makes solid content imo.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Matt's vids are awesome and you can tell he puts a lot of effort into them. I tried watching woolie and pat's content now and it's not very good unfortunately. Still wish they all stayed together tho

You arent wrong about anything terry, they were definitely always an acquired taste, but I feel they complimented each other nicely, they are all parts of other nerds we know, way different species of nerd than like the game grumps. Maybe I have a soft spot for spastics…

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Maybe I have a soft spot for spastics…
lol yeah that's always been something that I've had trouble being around. Sure people are just having fun, it's essentially harmless. I just can't stand being around people like that irl and I certainly don't find it enjoyable or entertaining in stuff like YT videos or podcasts. Also Pat being drunk and constantly talking mad shit is not funny. God knows I've done that but I never recorded it and passed it off as content.

I will say all the stuff they did about David Cage is hilarious though. If there was ever a person in the industry who deserved to be shit on it's definitely him.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
That was a decent vid. Not much more you can do with what is being narrated, reasonably thorough and well rounded.
Yeah Matt makes decent content, quite engaging and intelligent

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
never heard of him or best friends.
I completely forgot about KoF12, and I guess this explains why....

Narration seems like typical Youtuber targeting tweens.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I like his vids for the most part. Never heard of Best Friends. But the one thing I dont like is his little 'segment changes' with that xylophone roll. I dunno, it just irritates me lol