May 2021 SotM: Viper Phase 1 New Edition

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

New Version is a very different version of the game. Non-Japan boards loop, so those are being split as well. "USA Version" is supposed to be identical to non-Japan boards of New Version.
----------
Post scores in this format:
VERSION - REGION
NAME - SCORE - STAGE - PLAYER SIDE - AUTOFIRE - DETAILS

DETAILS is for what model of console and release of cart/disc, or what emulator and version. Use No/Int./Ext. etc for AUTOFIRE. If you're playing a non-Japan version, please mention which region you used.

Write up^ ganked from Shmups.org

I’m slammed at work, and just wanted to put something up to get us started.

...more tips, tricks, and fun to follow! Have fun this month!!

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Damn, dead month lol. Guess I'll start:

1.png

gmegbln - 473,054 - 2 - 1 - High Autofire - MAME (New Ver. - World)

I played it for the first time today, and while I'm enjoying it I'm reminded that I don't enjoy classic Raiden game design. The swoop-in snipers are infuriating and any game that has bomb delay makes me scream into my pillow. I try not to look up scoring guides when I play games but I might just have to for Viper because my feeble edamame-sized brain isn't grasping what controls which medals drop and I refuse to believe that it's random, please don't say it's random. Someone please explain it to me.

Despite those gripes I like it though. It's a good burger but not the best burger you've ever had. I said that in the Raiden IV SOTM already but it's applies here 'cause this is most definitely a Raiden game at heart, although it accomplishes the incredible feat of somehow being even more generic than Raiden (at least from the first two stages). The graphics and music are good but man, if you asked your mom to close their eyes and imagine what a shmup was this is what they'd come up with. If Raden is Advil, then this game is Ibuprofen

Anyway its cool, I give it 7.5 skeleton's sunglasses out of 10. Napalm is my favourite weapon, it fuckin' gives bosses the business

For funzies here's my progress for the night:
2.png

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I know why I didn’t play this month...two funerals and a vacation.

why the hell did people vote for this, if they weren’t gonna put a score up?

if your May was as bad as mine, cheers.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
It was a bad month for me too unfortunately-I haven’t had time. Which is too bad because Viper Phase One is one of the greats.

Remember to vote for next month’s game!

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Unfortunately i don't own this one, i wish i did.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I know why I didn’t play this month...two funerals and a vacation.

why the hell did people vote for this, if they weren’t gonna put a score up?

if your May was as bad as mine, cheers.
boo hoo

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Get fucked.

This isn’t the war room, don’t troll me out here.

you are not quite who you think you are on this board, and this can end here.

I’ve left you alone...and I’m happy to never respond to you again, if you leave me be.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Kuze - 1,062,889 - 3 - 1 - High Autofire - MAME (New Ver. - World)

It’s been a crazy month for me here, but I can’t let gmegbin win by default! Threw a quick attempt at it.

Looking forward to being able to participate more next month.

Attachments

• 792235BF-DE3E-4C36-B3D5-97E94D4AC580.jpeg
    792235BF-DE3E-4C36-B3D5-97E94D4AC580.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
It’s been a crazy month for me here, but I can’t let gmegbin win by default! Threw a quick attempt at it.

Real tortoise and hare scenario here, should have kept my mouth shut :keke:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Get fucked.

I’ve left you alone...and I’m happy to never respond to you again, if you leave me be.

w o w im so scared . how about stop using the amount of funerals youve been to as some active leverage in a SOTM thread of all things. You can't simulatenously be upset at people not participating in the thread and not participate yourself-- War Room or not, no one gives a fuck why ANYONE failed to participate. You're acting like people failed you, having a brain aneurysm over a game like usual

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Get fucked.

w o w im so scared . how about stop using the amount of funerals youve been to as some active leverage in a SOTM thread of all things. You can't simulatenously be upset at people not participating in the thread and not participate yourself-- War Room or not, no one gives a fuck why ANYONE failed to participate. You're acting like people failed you, having a brain aneurysm over a game like usual
Stfu newb.
I was here long before you, and I will be here long after you.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
lol, okay? Try getting less trashed on schoolnights and learn how to properly use the 'quote' button then, Forum Master. And stop wasting time with your bogus iPhone "glitches" as well. You're an elite with this technology, please set a better example and stop bitching about people's participation in SotM and be grateful people still post scores at all.