Maybe buying an MVS, need advise

Kingrat101

n00b
Hey, so I found a dedicated 1-lot MVS cab on CL. Guy selling it wants 475 with delivery and he's also giving Samurai Shodown with it. It's in nice working condition with a newer monitor in it. I'm wondering if this is a good deal or what would be a reasonable offer?
I should also note, I want a cab simply for the games that weren't released on the AES, should I go with the cabinet or the converter that allows MVS games to play on the AES?

Last edited:

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
You should show us some pics. I recently sold a 1-Slot for a similar price with Puzzle Bobble that was inside of a 4-Slot Neo Geo Big Red Cabinet, so it's not that far off the mark if it's an SNK cabinet.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
If it's not a conversion I'd pay that to not have to fuck around with picking it up.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Oh wow, I didn't even take that into consideration, here's the link http://cosprings.craigslist.org/vgm/4213399730.html

It's in a Dynamo, which is not an undesirable cabinet to have, but you can probably find them cheaper. How bad do you want this? It's overpriced for my blood but I don't know how often you see cabs in your neck of the woods. I'd shoot like $350 at it tops but that's me.

Last edited:

Kingrat101

n00b
It's in a Dynamo, which is not an undesirable cabinet to have, but you can probably find them cheaper. How bad do you want this? It's overpriced for my blood but I don't know how often you see cabs in your neck of the woods. I'd shoot like $350 at it tops but that's me.

Alright, awesome thanks for the info! I do want one and they show up all the time on craigslist here, there are at least three other ones for sale right now. I also live about 15 mins from a huge arcade, that I think might be getting rid of theirs soon... It sits in a corner not getting much love

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
For that amount, you might as well bide your time and get a real dedicated cab.

Nerdygrrl

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
As others have mentioned, in that price range you can get yourself a nice dedicated cab. If you aren't in a rush I would wait. If you have any local ops around you I would check with them as they usually have quite a few Neo cabs laying around in various states of disrepair.

Kingrat101

n00b
I've actually been looking around at some other shops and have found some other nice stuff, Cowboys of Moo Mesa, Marvel vs Capcom, Simpson's arcade and they're all cheaper. So yeah it's best to wait for now and maybe get one of these other ones.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
At that price you get decent dedicated all day long with a 25, not that 19, at least a 2 slot, but prolly a 4. then, when you need carts... you pm me :p, no srsly...ha

Adam

bryan

Geese's Thug
Some one in my neck of the woods has one is only asking $250 with Metal Slug. I really need to get it and Tate the monitor.

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
I would pass on that. You can find much better deals. These aren't candy cabs.