Mayweather vs Pac: who ya got?

Who wins on Saturday- Mayweather or Pacquiao?

• Mayweather! Wife-beaters make good boxers!

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Pac! Income taxes are for schmoes, and so is pro basketball!

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Mayweather dominated that fight. Nobody who knows anything about boxing could effectively argue otherwise.

that's a little patronizing. I wouldn't say he dominated the fight as much as he was able to work through it methodically. but yeah, Mayweather has been pushed harder than this before. Pac did decent

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I had at least 8 rounds for Mayweather, 3 for Pac, 1 a true toss up but give it to Pac.

Mayweather dominated that fight. Nobody who knows anything about boxing could effectively argue otherwise.

I agree. As much as I hate Mayweather, I can never deny his high level of skill, he's always smart to use his tools to his advantage. I'm glad Manny stuck mostly to his training to not chase Mayweather. If he did fight like he usually does, he would have probably gotten KO'd by the 4th round. If Manny got KO'd it would have been something totally different. Manny tried but Floyd has been prepping for this fight a LONG time and it showed.

Is he for real about September being his last fight? I don't think Floyd would like to sit at 49-0 as it's "tied" with someone else. If he truly retires after 49-0 I will be shocked.

We had fun tonight watching it, especially when some of my friends were having meltdowns as they put money on Pac, I wouldn't have put money on this fight just because of Floyd's skill level. I just wish Floyd wasn't being a pussy by excessively clinching everytime Pac would come in for a punch.

Marek

Banned
I know you're right famincommand, I just wish PAC had adapted to the other style and made him swing for it.

To be the teeth gnashing wild dog in a 12/12 fight means something to me at least

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
So did Mayweather just hug it out with Manny? I didn't watch it, but that's what I'm gathering.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That was awesome. Not boxing, but Frye vs Takayama is still my favorite fight.

Hahahahaha, forgot about that fight. Holy shit. Did Takayama go blind after that fight? He looked like he had no eyes at the end.

P.S. - I knew Mayweather was gonna win but fuck him.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Hahahahaha, forgot about that fight. Holy shit. Did Takayama go blind after that fight?

Frye said they went out for drinks the same night. Later their fight was choreographed in a movie.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That was awesome. Not boxing, but Frye vs Takayama is still my favorite fight.

I still love the part where they're in synch punching each other in the face. I miss Pride :(

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
It was more hugging than a high school freshman couple in love.

Somehow he was able to connect almost twice as many times as Pac. Hence he won. I laughed my ass off when Pac said he didn't do anything.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Somehow he was able to connect almost twice as many times as Pac. Hence he won. I laughed my ass off when Pac said he didn't do anything.

Of course, if I fought you and punched you and then when you tried to punch me I just hugged you then punched you in the ribs while hugging you all the time, I'd rack up a punch count as well. It was an obvious game Floyd was playing. He did the same thing with Mosley in the first few rounds when he got tagged by a nice punch by Mosley, but in that moment he did more of a bear hug. It wasn't anything that I haven't seen Mayweather do, I expected it. At least this time he wasn't full on running away, just evading at the right moments.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Mayweather used his James Brown split stance effectively and stayed far out of reach, playing the waiting game and then clinched to nibble his points, Pac looked clueless and should have watched Rocky 3 as he needed that chicken training in the end .
Bring back pride and old style UFC for gods sake.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Is Mayweathers last fight going to be a live taping of the final Rocky movie where he fights Creeds son?

Because who gives a fuck about what happens in boxing anymore.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Mayweathers greatness as a boxer is only exceeded by how boring he is.

And all you fucks who say stfu you don't know what you're talking about then you haven't watched any boxing from the last 80 years.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Mayweathers greatness as a boxer is only exceeded by how boring he is.

And all you fucks who say stfu you don't know what you're talking about then you haven't watched any boxing from the last 80 years.

Uh, I don't think anyone is going to argue with you on that...

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Boxing is DEAD to me now. If my dad (rest his soul) was to watch that fight, he'd probably think the same thing as well...and he loved watching boxing matches.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm still pissed, and I didnt even buy the fight :keke:

This fight of the century will probably not even make it in the top 10 fights of 2015

You can't expect any different... there was a lot riding on this fight so you had to expect that they would both play it safe. And thus, a boring fight.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Is Mayweathers last fight going to be a live taping of the final Rocky movie where he fights Creeds son?

Because who gives a fuck about what happens in boxing anymore.

God, no kidding. The two boxers who've defined this generation are point fighters who have a combined total of about negative 1000 charisma (the good kind, I mean).

It was hilarious listening to Teddy Atlas and Joe Tessitore just utterly shit all over Mayweather after the fight. They rattled off pretty much every low-middle weightish fighter who was any good in the 70's-80's as being far better than Mayweather.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
God, no kidding. The two boxers who've defined this generation are point fighters who have a combined total of about negative 1000 charisma (the good kind, I mean).

It was hilarious listening to Teddy Atlas and Joe Tessitore just utterly shit all over Mayweather after the fight. They rattled off pretty much every low-middle weightish fighter who was any good in the 70's-80's as being far better than Mayweather.

The 80s had some many exciting fights to watch. You could be entertained just by watching the entire career of Julio Cesar Chavez, a real warrior in the ring.

One thing I noticed as well is that, most of the boxers in the 80s who had all these battles almost always become friends in the end just like in Rocky then I asked myself "Who is Mayweather friends with that he defeated?", I couldn't think of anyone. It's sad in what boxing has become.

In Floyd's own words, "If you have been defeated, you are aren't a great boxer". Then went on to say that Ali isn't that great and so on.

I wonder how Golovkin would do against him, he seems to have a good chin and a nice reach and likes to bang at the body at great angles when defenders cover up.