Mayweather vs Pac: who ya got?

Who wins on Saturday- Mayweather or Pacquiao?

• Mayweather! Wife-beaters make good boxers!

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Pac! Income taxes are for schmoes, and so is pro basketball!

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I dont think so, Pacquaio wins so they can get a rubber match.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
bullshit hype. Trying to generate interest in a dead sport.

Besides - wasn't he retiring in September?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I am not as familiar with MMA, to be honest, once GSP pretty much quit, I have no interest in it, but I think that styles make fights, regardless of whether it is boxing or MMA. May and Pac was never going to be a slug match, because as much as Pac may have wanted that, I can't see any boxer who could impose that kind of match Floyd. It is always Floyd who imposes his will on the other fighter, and his will is to counter punch and not get hit. There is a beauty in being so fast and good defensively that you do not get hit, but if you are looking for power punches and knock outs, I can see how that might not seem appealing. I'm a fan of Floyd and his style, so I was entertained. If I want to see someone fuck another person up, I will watch GGG. Kirkland vs. Canelo should have some fireworks.

My take on MMA: a guy can lay on top of another for practically the whole round, not even doing real damage, and win the round/fight. That shits only okay when GSP does it.

It's no surprise that if you're a fan of both Floyd and GSP. You may also enjoy warm milk, ambien, and NyQuil.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
No, I agree with the Judges decision. Mayweather did throw and land more. That's pretty much all he did. I base a fight on the amount of damage that is done to a fighter, not how many weak punches are thrown and landed.

It was basically just mayweather's light jabs that won him the fight. His reach proved to be a huge deciding factor. Overall a pretty boring fight...neither guy even looked like they were just in a fight at the end of it all. Basically just 45 minutes of sparring.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
bullshit hype. Trying to generate interest in a dead sport.

Besides - wasn't he retiring in September?

He's already retired two or three times.

It's hard to stay retired when they back a dump truck full of cash into your driveway.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
He's already retired two or three times.

It's hard to stay retired when they back a dump truck full of cash into your driveway.

It's harder to be retired when they don't.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
zqKABPj.jpg

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It won't be as big as the 1st match so I don't know if Floyd would be interested unless he uses it as his 50-0 fight. If they do I hope it's a different Ref, one that doesn't let holding pass by.

Floyd knows full well he's going to win again, it's just an easy (massive) payday that he can justify by saying hey, Pacquiao even says he was hurt.

Kind of hilarious that Pac is also now getting sued by people who bet on him.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I thought this thread was about private military contractors. Oh well.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Floyd knows full well he's going to win again, it's just an easy (massive) payday that he can justify by saying hey, Pacquiao even says he was hurt.

Kind of hilarious that Pac is also now getting sued by people who bet on him.

Of course, if they fought again I'd expect the same turnout as I did with the first but would still root for Pac even though it's still a longshot. I do wonder if they do have a rematch if Pac would fight him with his normal fury style just going for broke. After the big let down of the first fight I doubt it would generate even 25% of what the first one did. Oh well.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Regarding the photo above: Pacquiao's just as terrible a person as Floyd. He's a steroid using, adultering, tax evading, fugitive harboring, politician. He also once said all gay men should be executed.

Basically, he's right about Floyd being a piece of shit but to call him out in public like that invites investigation into his own dubious character.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you're referring to my pic, I'm pretty sure it has been enhanced with Adobe Photoshop(TM) software.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Boxing scoring should be easy.

You get a knockdown, you get a point. In the event of a tie, first knockdown wins.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Boxing scoring should be easy.

You get a knockdown, you get a point. In the event of a tie, first knockdown wins.

Knocking someone down and knocking someone out are two very different things. If knocking people down was all that mattered it would end up nothing more than a sport of attacking balance.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Knocking someone down and knocking someone out are two very different things. If knocking people down was all that mattered it would end up nothing more than a sport of attacking balance.

Of course, if you get a knockout you win.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Regarding the photo above: Pacquiao's just as terrible a person as Floyd. He's a steroid using, adultering, tax evading, fugitive harboring, politician. He also once said all gay men should be executed.

Basically, he's right about Floyd being a piece of shit but to call him out in public like that invites investigation into his own dubious character.

Not anymore pac turned his life around a few years ago, floyd is still a jackass

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
They should do it the old navy way. The first one to die loses.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Don't have an opinion on Mayweather, but I met Pacman about 4 years ago. Pretty nice fellow. One of his relatives worked with me at my old job.