Meat Loaf dead at 74

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Best known for his 1977 debut album Bat Out of Hell, which is currently the 4th best selling album in history (after Thriller, Back in Black, and The Bodyguard).

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
That sucks, 74 doesn’t sound that old these days but I guess he wasn’t exactly bothered about his weight.

Meatloaf had genuine talent even beyond rock - look at the Opera duets on youtube he did with Pavarotti in the 90s to see his vocal range in a different context.

I’ll need to listen to his debut album later while eating a cheeseburger. RIP big man.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Louis Anderson too, a bad day to be a fat, old, famous 30 years ago dude.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Louis Anderson too, a bad day to be a fat, old, famous 30 years ago dude.

I thought he was dead multiple times already. I guess it's finally real this time.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I was gonna post the quite funny literal video of I would do anything for love, but its been removed within the last month prepping for his death. Lame.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I saw an interview with him a couple years ago and he was barely functioning. He talked about how he's had an unusually high number of concussions and his wife was basically running his entire life for him. He had that punch drunk look in his eyes, slurred a lot and came off like he was suffering from some form of dementia. Pretty sad.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Apparently was seriously ill with covid though not confirmed.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Bat out of Hell II was the first album I bought with my own money. Used to love his music and still like it a lot, but to die from COVID after not wanting to wear a mask in public and not getting vaccinated (especially at that age) really does seem stupid. I'm glad my parents aren't like that.

Still, RIP.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
His name is Mike Aday.....

Seriously though, Guy lived as he wanted. Achieved fame & a well off life. Not getting vaxed was his choice & harping on it is a non-issue.

God speed Mikey, god speed.

Seriously though, Guy lived as he wanted. Achieved fame & a well off life. Not getting vaxed was his choice & harping on it is a non-issue.

God speed Mikey, god speed.
No, its a huge fucking issue.

Fuck that dumb piece of shit, got what he deserved, hope he suffered.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
That’s just mean spirited.

He didn’t deserve it more than anyone did.

He fucked around and found out though.

Reactions: SML

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
That’s just mean spirited.

He didn’t deserve it more than anyone did.

He fucked around and found out though.

What's mean spirited is not getting vaccinated when it costs you nothing and helps save the lives of others.

If he was only getting himself killed then yeah, sure, fuck him in the face, do whatever you want. But freedom doesn't come without civic responsibility and if you're so stupid and selfish that you can't get a free vaccination to potentially save the lives of not only yourself but others of your age bracket and pre-existing conditions who are being responsible, then you don't deserve freedom.

Lets also not forget that his celebrity helped him preach his beliefs which probably convinced other dumb mother fuckers of his line of thinking.

And his fucking family, instead of coming out and admitting he died of covid and he was wrong about vaccination and to take this death as a warning, no instead they want to cover up the cause of his death.

Fuck them all.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
No, its a huge fucking issue.

Fuck that dumb piece of shit, got what he deserved, hope he suffered.
Lets also not forget that his celebrity helped him preach his beliefs which probably convinced other dumb mother fuckers of his line of thinking.

And his fucking family, instead of coming out and admitting he died of covid and he was wrong about vaccination and to take this death as a warning, no instead they want to cover up the cause of his death.

Fuck them all.

.......you need to grow the fuck up.

What's mean spirited is not getting vaccinated when it costs you nothing and helps save the lives of others.

If he was only getting himself killed then yeah, sure, fuck him in the face, do whatever you want. But freedom doesn't come without civic responsibility and if you're so stupid and selfish that you can't get a free vaccination to potentially save the lives of not only yourself but others of your age bracket and pre-existing conditions who are being responsible, then you don't deserve freedom.

How is a person getting vaxed saving the lives of others?

Those who are not vaxed are of no harm to those of us who are. Those of us who are vaxed are just as capable of carrying it & spreading it. The people who are not vaxed are taking the risk upon themselves. The only criticism that can be lobbed at the unvaxed is that they are taking up space in our hospitals. That's about it.

Last edited: