MegaGraffin's Collection

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Since this is a such a cool new edition to the site I couldn't help but participate. It feels like a brag thread, but fuck it. I don't care if people are bragging who have cool shit. Anyways, I haven't been in the arcade scene that long (first experience was buying a NAC from coinopstore on Ebay because I didn't know any better. Talk about starting at the bottom!!), but I've been playing games since I can remember.

Not sure exactly what constitutes a "collection" but here are few things. Number one: My PCB boxes from Uline. Before they were all just in a giant plastic bin, and now they are bit more organized, but still seem to take up a ton of room.
010-1.jpg

Next I have my bookshelf. Yeah, I know a ton of plushies. :lolz:Never started out with that intent, but I initially had just a couple then everyone I knew started to give me them as gifts for whatever occasion arose until I finally had to say something. Thankfully, the SF4 figure collection helps balance things out with a more masculine vibe.
003-6.jpg

Next the entertainment center. Nothing too unique, but it gets the job done. PS3, 360, and DC.
008-2.jpg

Here we have my BC. Previously had a NAC and sold it to purchase this last year from Ken. Great cab and can't complain.
007-5.jpg

Next we have the newest edition to my arcade family: An Egret 2. Now I get to be part of the vert scene. Even though I'm not verting it out in this pic..lol
004-9.jpg
003-9.jpg

And now...TOGETHER...

007-8.jpg

Finally, here are a few pictures I'm going to doubt anyone else has. I'm a big fan of Gallery 1988, and occasionally I'll treat myself to a signed, numbered, limited edition print of something cool. The Sega Poster isn't Gallery 1988. When I finally purchase a home I don't know if these belong in the game room, or just simply around the house.
006-7.jpg
001-10.jpg
005-6.jpg
002-11.jpg

004-6.jpg

PCB Collection: Carrier Airwing, NBA Jam, Sexy Parodius, Quiz & Dragons, 19XX, and Raiden II.

MVS Collection: Aero Fighters 2, KOF 98', Blazing Star, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, Metal Slug 3, and Neo Turf Masters.

Console to cabinet adapters: Xbox 360, JammaCast, and JammaGenesis.

That's really it for now. Can't wait to see what other people have. I'm confident I'll be impressed.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
you have some amazing stuff buddy, you didn't mention the stools though. Those are real Taito arcade stools right? Not easy to come by, and certainly not cheap to ship.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm in love with "the Last Supper" print you showed containing the most famous and well known video game icons! So original!

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
you have some amazing stuff buddy, you didn't mention the stools though. Those are real Taito arcade stools right? Not easy to come by, and certainly not cheap to ship.

Oh yeah. Those are the real deal Taito stools. I ordered them from Akihabarashop and I want to say they were around 200 bucks a piece shipped to me here in the US...Yeah, they aren't cheap, but I've had mine now for a year and they look like the day I got them. I kind of figured with the Taito stools, you'll pay more but in theory you should never need to replace them.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Never heard of Gallery 1988. Just had a look at their site and found some great stuff. At a glance this strikes me as funny:

file_27_28_large.jpeg

Anyone else think this is funny?

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Very cool collection.

Last edited:

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Never heard of Gallery 1988. Just had a look at their site and found some great stuff. At a glance this strikes me as funny:

file_27_28_large.jpeg

Anyone else think this is funny?

Thanks. Yeah, that an awesome piece!!! I want to say that was made into a shirt??? Maybe I'm wrong..lol...But yeah, Gallery 1988 has a pretty good mix of video game related art/sitcom shows/cartoon pieces/some niche movie stuff, both completely original and the limited, signed, and numbered print runs. Personally, I don't have the kind of money to be dropping 750 plus bucks on some original piece, but if I did, I certainly would.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Jealous of the PCB collection and the Gallery 1988 prints. What's the artist's name who did the video game last supper? I'd love to track one of those down.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Jealous of the PCB collection and the Gallery 1988 prints. What's the artist's name who did the video game last supper? I'd love to track one of those down.

Thanks for the feedback. The artist of both "Our Lady of the Arcade" and "Last Supper" is a lady named Misha. I believe she is also actually a tattoo artist as well. Here's a little bit of info about the Last Supper print.

The initial run was for 50 prints (mine is #31). Well, Christina Aguilera also bought one of these and put in her baby room when she had her first child. She was on the cover of People after having her kid and either on the cover or in the article itself it showed a picture of her baby room, including the Last Supper print. Now there was increased interest for this print, but the original 50 had sold out. So, Misha issued another run of the same print, but I believe it was at 75 prints this time and this edition was called, the "Genie in a Baby room" edition.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
great stuff my man, i love the sega sheet, got about 4 of those unfolded, might do what you did and have another with the games facing :D

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
great stuff my man, i love the sega sheet, got about 4 of those unfolded, might do what you did and have another with the games facing :D

Totally do that. I was really torn between the game side and the art side but had to make a choice. I picked the art side because it's so ridiculous. I asked the place where it got framed it they could do some sort of double side frame so I could flip it back and forth, but nothing was really working out so I had to pick..

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
Finally, here are a few pictures I'm going to doubt anyone else has. I'm a big fan of Gallery 1988, and occasionally I'll treat myself to a signed, numbered, limited edition print of something cool. The Sega Poster isn't Gallery 1988. When I finally purchase a home I don't know if these belong in the game room, or just simply around the house.
006-7.jpg

This print is really nice. I just checked out the website, and it has some nice stuff, but I'd prefer that to almost anything currently for sale there.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
This print is really nice. I just checked out the website, and it has some nice stuff, but I'd prefer that to almost anything currently for sale there.

Funny thing about that specific print..All the others (minus the Sega flyer) are from Gallery 1988...This Zelda print is actual the only one I didn't get from G1988...It was from a site called "apapertiger" or it used to be called that a couple of years ago. I just tried looking it up on google and it seems it became papertiger...Thanks though!!!

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Cool stuff man. I like the plushies; they give the space a fun vibe (as do the pictures).

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Cool stuff man. I like the plushies; they give the space a fun vibe (as do the pictures).

Appreciate it. Now I've also started to collect these by Kidrobot.

IMG_20130404_015441_zpsb27cd76f.jpg

Before they were all blindbox, but now you can buy ones that have the hard to get characters visible, and an additional character blind.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Those PCB Boxes look nice. Where did you get them?

Those were from Uline http://www.uline.com/

Lots of cool boxes for PCBs, good place for the pink/antistatic bubblewrap..It's funny how expensive some of the boxes can be. Only problem is you have to order in larger orders for some stuff..If you're local you can just drive to pick it up which is what I've done to save on shipping.