Metal slug 3 label/serials

malebolgia

n00b
I bought a Metal slug 3 MVS kit a while ago and it came with all the artwork including a mini marquee which looks totally legit. I was wondering if anyone knows which serial numbers for metal slug 3 are considered part of the "first run" (because the second run isn't supposed to have a mini marquee, right)? The cart itself appears to be totally legit too, no funny stuff going on inside at any rate.

Also, although the cart label looks nice and original it's not holographic. Although I have seen lots of original (older and newer) carts without this hologram, I only seem to be able to find pics on internet showing a holographic label. Anyone here know of non-holographic labels for metal slug 3?

By the way, it just occurred to me that a friend of mine also has a MS3 full mvs kit with a non-holographic label so it seems legit then right (there's stregth in numbers here I hope...)

Thanks,
Ronald

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
malebolgia said:
Also, although the cart label looks nice and original it's not holographic. Although I have seen lots of original (older and newer) carts without this hologram, I only seem to be able to find pics on internet showing a holographic label. Anyone here know of non-holographic labels for metal slug 3?

For what it is worth, my copy is legit and does not have any hologram, its serial # 040197. Got it as a loose cart, assume it is the earlier version ?

malebolgia

n00b
That's worth more than enough :-)
Thanks!

Mine is 02-something (don't know the exact number as I don't have the cart present) so it's part of an earlier run I guess, which would explain the original mini marquee.

That's three without the hologram already. I guess it's looking good then, and I can get some sleep again ;-)

Thanks again!