Metal Slug 5 MVS Cart Needs Help!

Hello everyone!

I have an MVS copy of Metal Slug 5 that has failed the Universe BIOS game cart check. I've opened up the cart and cleaned the contacts with Deoxit which saved my Mark of the Wolves cart in the past but with Metal Slug 5 the result is the same each time. For what it's worth I did check the jukebox feature in the Universe BIOS and I'm able to play the music just fine. I don't notice anything obviously amiss with the boards themselves, but this really isn't my area of expertise. I've attached some photos in case they could be helpful.

I'm curious what the next steps would be to try and remedy whatever seems to be wrong with the cart. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!

Attachments

• IMG-3790.JPG
    IMG-3790.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG-3791.JPG
    IMG-3791.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG-3792.JPG
    IMG-3792.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG-3793.JPG
    IMG-3793.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG-3794.JPG
    IMG-3794.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
So does the game play okay or not?
I can't believe I didn't mention this crucial fact in the opening post, but no it does not play okay. I can get to a glitched title screen, but once a credit is inserted an error message appears every time.

slugger_dan

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Looks like prog banking isn't working. Try using this page as a guide and check PORTWEL and maybe PORTWEU from the cart edge to the PVC. They could also go to PCM2 but don't know if it's actually used there. If anyone can share a pinout for the PVC then great, otherwise you might have to figure out where it goes.